Second Day

I Can't Hear Your Voice

“Hyung, where is Jimin-ssi?” Jeongguk asked about Jimin right in the morning. Jimin was nowhere to be found in the house this morning. The thought of the string came to Jeongguk’s mind once again. After things that happened yesterday, he couldn’t just let it go. “Hyung, do you have any plan for today?”

Taehyung tapped his chin. “I will just go to school and take the books for this year’s program. Why?”

“I am just asking, Hyung. I think I will go to the library today.”

Yeah, library. After things that happened, he thought that it would be nice to try to go there again today. He knew that there was small possibility that the person would be there today, but wasn’t it worth a try? He also needed some books as company as knowledge so he wouldn’t be lacking so much, after all.

“Oh, you should come with me too, then,” Taehyung stated as he placed pancakes on Jeongguk’s plate. The younger stared at Taehyung with confusion. “You can’t just stick in library for the rest of summer holiday, little kid. Plus, since you don’t really know about Seoul, it doesn’t hurt to try to walk a bit so you won’t get lost. And you will know where to run away.”

Jeongguk swallowed his pancake as he nodded at Taehyung’s statement. Delaying few hours to visit a school wouldn’t hurt a try, he thought. “Alright, Hyung. Are you going after breakfast?”

“Yup.”

 

 

The school was a still quiet when the two came to take the book. There wasn’t many student that took their books on that day since most of them hadn’t back from their summer breaks vacation. However, some girl-students expected Jeongguk as a transferred student. With the prince-like-face that Jeongguk had, girls were swooning over him instantly. Oh, and not to mention, the girls were also swooning over Taehyung who just grinned and greeted them back.

Jeongguk waited outside the room while Taehyung was taking his books inside. Girls were approaching him and asked such things. He just replied him as much as he needed. He tried to hear the girls’ mind and shook his head on it. Most of girls—No, all of the girls only thought of how handsome he looked and that he must be rich like Taehyung since they were walking together earlier. Only if they know that I am just a runaway orphan, he thought.

However, he found something was strange. When he tried to read their voices, the sound of it was rather weak, weaker than it supposed to be. He tried to keet his mind positive, maybe he just felt unwell since when Jimin and him walked back from library yesterday, rain suddenly poured. He couldn’t lost his ability when he hadn’t found his only one. Then a thought came in to his mind, how if Jimin was visiting hospital because he felt unwell? He wasn’t being able to run fast yesterday, so the rain poured Jimin more than him. Plus, Jimin was quiet the whole night and even took an early sleep.

“Jeongguk,” he felt Taehyung tapped his shoulder, “Can you help me to carry these? This is Jimin’s. He won’t be able to take his books today so I just take his along with mine.”

The younger just nodded as he took one of the bags from Taehyung’s hand. He thought that Jimin was probably needed to work extra-time in café today so he needed to go there earlier and wouldn’t be able to take his books.

Then both of them made their way to ARMY café. Taehyung said that it was the best to put their books there since he knew the owner. Once they arrived to the café, Hoseok greeted them with a smile for Jeongguk and a small peck for Taehyung. “Put the books in the locker room, Tae. We can take the books when your shift ended. Oh, do you bring Jimin’s books along with you?”

“Yup. Oh, there was an hour left before my shift begins. Maybe I can drop Jeongguk to library first before head to work.”

Jeongguk was scanning the whole café but he didn’t find what he wanted. “Hoseok Hyung, where is Jimin-ssi?”

“He is taking a day-off today.”

Day-off? He was alright, wasn’t he?

“Jeongguk-ah, let’s go the library now. I will only drop you then I will be heading for work.”

“You are working, Hyung?”

Taehyung nodded proudly. He was very proud with his job. “Yeah, I am working in a chocolate store near here. You should pay a visit sometimes! I will get you an awesome chocolate.”

He just nodded, “Hyung, I think I will just walk alone to the library. I know the way there. It wasn’t far from here. The way is just like the way to your apartment. I think it will make you tired if you need to walk back to this area, since you said that your work place is near here,” he stated which received and are-you-okay look from Taehyung. Jeongguk also heard him worried about him in his heart. “No need to worry, Hyung. I also want to explore Seoul. But I am worried about Jimin-ssi’s books. Should I go back from library to here again?”

“There is no need. Hoseok Hyung will help me take those.”

 

 

Jeongguk walked to the library as he explored the city. This was far different from the atmosphere inside the orphanage. He only saw adults or teen in his ages here. There were no many noisy kids that he usually saw every day.

Seoul’s Private High School. Oh, a famous pork-restaurant. Seoul’s national hospital.

His eyes stopped in front of Seoul’s National Hospital’s sign as he saw a familiar figure was waiting for a taxi there. It looked like Jimin a lot, he was holding hospital’s bag with a bright face that he never saw before. Jeongguk tried to think that Jimin was there because his friend was sick. When he was about to greet him, he didn’t do it since at the second thought, it wouldn’t be him. So he just walked straight to library, not caring without his surroundings.

The library was more crowded than yesterday. Maybe students were getting ready for school already. He felt somehow envy at students who were bringing many homework or those who stayed up with their loved one to study for university entrance even though it was still a year ahead. Jeongguk picked up a math book and tried to do some questions there.

He felt some difficulties to do some basic high-school question since it had been a while since he went to school. When he was scratching the back of his head, he felt his hand was somehow pulled. He looked at his hand and saw that thing once again. It was there again. And this time, the string was clearer than yesterday even though he could barely see it. He tried to scan the room, hoping to find someone that he saw yesterday, since the person was possibly be his only one. But he found no one familiar; everyone felt like unfamiliar bodies that he never saw before. But even so, he knew that he saw one of many people in this library yesterday. Because there was no way he felt the string for two different people, right?

“Oh, you are here again,” a figure shocked Jeongguk who was flipping the pages on the math book, “Don’t know that you have some passion on math. I thought you only come for sci-fi like yesterday.”

Jeongguk looked up and found Jimin stood up near him. “I just feel like doing math,” he stated. Jimin just nodded as he took a seat beside Jeongguk. On his hand, there was a calculus book. He just stared at the older figure that seemed serious to understand the calculus. “Jimin-ssi, where did you go this morning? You are nowhere to be found.”

“Drop the formalities. We are housemate now. I have business to take care of,” Jimin said as he looked at Jeongguk’s paper which was full with number. Then he pointed on a question that Jeongguk did earlier, “You did it wrong. You should’ve make it same before you could proceed to the x. here, let me told you the right and easy way to do that question.”

As Jimin explained the problem to him, Jeongguk couldn’t help but stare at Jimin’s little finger. He was curious about what kind of string that Jimin had on his finger. Was it plain red like normal people? Or was it sparkling, or baby pink? So instead of paying attention on what Jimin said, he was staring on his finger. The result made him shock, though, as he saw a barely invisible and sparkling string on his little finger. Ah, probably his love-story will have a same story as mine, Jeongguk thought.

The sun started to disappear as Jimin told Jeongguk to put the book back to the shelf. When they were about to walk home, Jeongguk noticed a hospital’s bag on Jimin’s hand. And it made Jeongguk sure that the one in front of Seoul’s National Hospital was him. “Hyung, are you feeling unwell?”

Jimin then looked at the hospital’s bag, “Oh, these are just vitamins. School is starting soon, and I will be very busy with both of school and work. Plus, this year is my last year in high school. So I thought some vitamins will help.”

Jeongguk felt something was wrong, but he didn't bother to read Jimin's mind that time, for some reasons.

“You need to watch what you eat too, Hyung. I notice that you really like instant porridge.”

The older just smiled at Jeongguk’s statement. Well, at least he could eat that porridge. Jimin looked at the sky and the thick clouds were all over the skies. “It may rain again,” he muttered as he saw people were rushing outside the library. “We need to go now, since I prefer some walk instead of taxi or bus.”

There they were again, walked back from the library for the second time. Jimin stared at some kids that were running around the park when they crossed the park, while Jeongguk was still in his own world behind him. He was wondering how Jimin could have the same string as him. For around a year he had this ability, he never find someone that had same string except if they were fated. Even when he saw two people as enemy but they have same string, few weeks after that he would see the same two people walking hand on hand and pecked each other’s cheek.

“Jeongguk, you did it again. Can you just walk beside me? You look like my stalker,” Jimin laughed as he waited for Jeongguk to catch his steps.

“I am sorry, Hyung. I was just thinking about something.”

Jimin raised a brow, “The mathematic problems?” he laughed, “You shouldn’t think of it that much. I will be teaching you tomorrow after work. So don’t worry. You can do it. Now, come on. Let’s walk faster. I don’t want to get myself soaked like yesterday.”

Jeongguk nodded as he walked beside Jimin. He stared at his face structure as they walked. He was more relaxed this time, and he even saw his laugh and smile. Did something good just happen to him today? He really hoped so. Then he stared at his little finger again.

As they walked together, as they shared more memories, the truth would be revealed. And the most beautiful string in this world would be visible. 


New Chapter! 

I updates this during my exam hehehe., 

Anyway, can you guys recommend me a great poster-shop, please? :)

I really hope to get a feedback!