His Destiny

I Can't Hear Your Voice

Jimin kept stirring on his sleep. Oh, wait, actually he hadn’t sleeping yet. He was wide awake. His feeling told him not to sleep yet. Even he found it strange, since he should’ve sleeping in peace despite what just happened today. But something bugging him, prevented him from sleep. His face was sweating, despite the cold air-conditioner. He tried to close his eyes, but then his mind went to somewhere else, a dark room when he could hear someone was in hurt. It was a boy, he looked like he had been holding such pain. “Jeongguk,” he muttered before got up from his bed.

The younger’s room was dark when Jimin entered. He looked for Jeongguk and found him lied down on the bed, his face covered with sweat and he kept mumbling things. Jimin confused, how could he knew what Jeongguk feel? But there wasn’t any time to be curious. Jimin went to the bathroom to got a towel then rush to kitchen to get some water. Then he placed the towel on his forehead. Jeongguk started to calm down after few minutes, it was when Jimin decided to go back to his room.

And strange thing was, Jimin could sleep without any bad feeling bugged him like before.

 

 

“Good Morning. It is weird to see you late this morning. I’ve prepared your food.”

Taehyung greeted when Jimin came out from his room then he gave Jimin his favorite Instant Porridge. “Good morning. Yeah, I have a trouble on sleeping yesterday, I think I need to put my blanket on laundry today,” he replied as he started to dig in to his food. Then he scanned the room since he felt something was missing, “Where is Jeongguk?”

“He is not wake up yet.”

Just when Jimin was about to replied, the door of Jeongguk’s room opened and revealed the younger’s sleepy figure. When he walked closer to them, Jimin could feel that Jeongguk was feeling better.  He didn’t know why he could feel him. Jeongguk walked closer to Taehyung and said, “Taehyung Hyung, thanks for the towel last night. I feel better.”

“Eh, you are sick?”

Jimin looked at Taehyung, wanted to know what he thought. I don’t know that Jeongguk sick last night, he heard Taehyung said that in his mind. 

“I am the one who gave you those.”

Then he looked at Jeongguk in the eyes, wanted to know what he thought. After confused why he couldn’t hear Jeongguk’s inner-voice since the beginning, he decided to take a conclusion. If today he couldn’t hear it again, he would consider him as the one that he had been looking for in life. Jimin sighed as he failed to hear him. It wasn’t that Jeongguk’s mind that blank, he believed it, he was sure that he had something in his mind. It was his mind that blocked. He really curious on what Jeongguk thought of him helped him yesterday. He could feel Jeongguk eyed him, wanting an explanation, “I was having difficulties to sleep last night. When I was drinking water, I heard noisy from your room and when I got in, your face was covered with sweat and you are burning,” he lied.

Little did Jimin know, Jeongguk knew that he lied to him. He read his mind that was thinking of a great lie. But why did he lie to me, the younger thought as he drank a warm-water. “Thank you, Hyung,” Jeongguk told Jimin then Taehyung gave him a spoon of porridge. “Woah, porridge! Thanks, Taehyung Hyung!”

Jimin who was eating silently got the strange feeling again. He felt like he wanted to threw up and his body was itchy, it was like his body rejected the food. But strangely, when he rubbed his body, there was nothing. And nothing was going to come out from his mouth, it was just the feeling. “Taehyung-ah, this is the usual flavor, right?”

“Yup. Shrimp.”

He didn’t allergic to shrimp, he thought. Then Jimin’s mind went back to what happened on the night before. It couldn’t be, could it? He turned his sight to Jeongguk’s face who looked red, “Looks like our friend is allergic to Shrimp.”

Jeongguk startled at what Jimin just said. How came the elder knew that he was allergic to shrimp? He looked at Jimin who continued to eat but he found nothing in his mind beside how great the porridge tasted. The situation went silent after Jeongguk gave himself his medicine that he always put on his bag. Jimin ate his breakfast silently and Taehyun was focusing on his phone.

“I gotta go,” Jimin said as he washed his dirty-bowl, “Get well soon, Jeongguk.”

 

 

The café was busy today, and Jimin had to work hard. Even so, he couldn’t concentrate on what he was doing due to the strange things that happened since last night. Why he could feel what Jeonggul felt, when he didn’t even be able to hear his thoughts? This was strange.  

Hoseok had been watching Jimin since this morning since he sensed something was wrong with the younger boy since he stepped on the café today. He looked so confuse and lost, it was like he had something heavy is his mind. The elder caught him panting hard while cleaning the table, and he knew that he needed to stop Jimin from any more work. “Go take a rest,” he commanded.

“But my lunch-break is over already, Hyung.”

“And you didn’t even take your break,” Hoseok stated the matter of fact, “Let’s have some talk while you are resting yourself. The café should be okay, it is not a busy hour.” Then he led Jimin to the locker room and let the younger rested himself on a long-chair there. “I thought that you visited doctor yesterday, but you look unwell today. What did the doctor said? Taehyung told me that you are okay, and you are not lying to him, right?”

Jimin shook his head, “I never dare to lie to Taehyung,” he stated. “The doctor said that I am okay, there is nothing to be worried about for now. Maybe I am just feel weak because the rain yesterday.”

“You trapped again?”

“Hmm,” he leaned his head on the wall, “And I couldn’t sleep last night. Just it. I am okay. Let’s go back to work.”

But of course, being protective like a brother, the elder didn’t take it. “Go sleep,” he commanded as he stood up, “I will be going now, and you better sleep at least for one hour.”

He had no power to went against Hoseok’s command, so Jimin just rested his head on the wall as he tried to close his eyes. He really needed sleep, ot at least something that can divert his attention from strange things that happened to him.  

 He was walking with a red sweater on. He still felt unwell, and looked like summer already came to its end since the weather started to get cold. Felt dark clouds were all over the sky, he fastened his steps to a building that became familiar for him. But it wasn’t even half of his way, when a heavy rain poured. Running, he tried to find a roof or something that could avoid him from the rain. But fate was being mean, there wasn’t any shelter available for him until he reached the front-gate of the building. His legs were weak already when he arrived, his head was spinning yet he still managed to walk to his favourite corner. Just when he was about to get his book, everything went dark.

“Not again…” Jimin muttered as he woke up fro his sleep. Again, he felt him. And if it kept going, it could become a disaster for himself. He looked at the window, and rain was pouring with no mercy. Slight doubt was in his mind, but he really wanted to prove what he felt. And if it was right again, he was so going tobe sure that Jeongguk was the one he had been looking for years. He got up and looked for Hoseok, “Hyung, important things happened. Can I take an early leave? I will be working double-shift tomorrow.”

Seeing Jimin in a rush and concerned like that, Hoseok permitted him to go. “I hope things are okay. Call me or Taehyung if you need any help, understand?”

“Yes.” With that, Jimin left the café and took a taxi to the public library, the place that Jeongguk would visit if he had time. He asked the librarian whether she saw a boy that heading to a math section or no, and she said that today, there were only a guy that she caught heading to math section. Jimin thanked her and rushed to the math section as he felt a body on a floor. His forehead was burning and his face looked so pale. So he right again, he felt Jeongguk and what he felt was the real things that happened.

The fate has come to me.

The medical team was rushed to emergency room while Jimin was meeting a doctor that he usually meet when he felt unwell, “Dr. Park, can you do a full check-up on him?”

Jeongguk was moved to a patient-room after fifteen minutes since he just collapsed due to his un-fit body condition. Jimin accompanied him, while waited for the check-up result and Jeongguk to woke up. He hadn’t call both of Taehyung and Hoseok yet, knowing that both of the must be at work at this time. He heard a knock, and Dr. Park appeared from outside the room, “Jimin-ssi, can we talk?”

The doctor led Jimin to his room that located no far from Jeongguk’s room. He handed him the check-up result. “I think you will like te result.”

Jimin opened the result andfroze when he read a sentence that was printed bold. Healthy and ninety-seven point eight positive. So he was right, and he should’ve known it all along. The time had come, and he found what he had been looking for.

I can survive.

This was his destiny. Looking for someone that he didn’t even know who, or what he—or she—looked like with just a clue for years. He only knew that he wouldn’t be able to hear that person’s thoughts, if that person was his destiny. And now he found it, from a little coincidence in ARMY café, until today, when he felt him. He realized it just now, that he found his destiny. Because both of them was living in same beat. 

 

I am sorry for the late update! I didn't take my laptop to dorm for two weeks hehe. 

Feel free to ask if there is something that unclear and give me some feedback!

Thanks :)