Chapter 3

Greyscale

As he drove, Zitao realised it would be smarter to call his cousin sooner rather than later, so he pulled over into a parking space and pulled his phone out onto his lap. Chewing his lip anxiously, he punched in a few keys and waited for the man to pick up.

 
"Hello?" a sleepy voice slurred on the other end of the line.
"Hello, Yixing? It's me," Zitao pressed the speaker button and put the phone in his lap, pulling back out onto the road.
 
There was a pause and a cough. "Tao? What do you want?" the voice asked sleepily, followed by a yawn.
"Yixing, I know it's late and really inconvenient but I need to ask you a favour," Zitao responded edgily, glancing in a mirror to see his quarry was still out cold.
"Seriously Tao, this 'favour' better be important and not some trivial crap," Yixing replied, sounding slightly more awake. "What is it?"
"Uh..." Zitao was silent for a few moments as he thought of how to explain it to Yixing. "I found a guy passed out in an alley, and he was hurt so I took him with me, and I really need you to come take a look at him."
There was a pause and Yixing sighed. "You're really soft, you know that?"
"You can lecture me later, okay? I just want you to help him," Zitao replied, noting with relief that home wasn't far away.
"Of course I can help, give me about-" there was a pause as Yixing squinted at his bedside clock blearily. "Give me 20 minutes and I'll be there. What do you want me to bring?"
"I don't know, you're the doctor," Zitao replied bluntly. "If it helps, he's bleeding pretty bad from his shoulder and his leg, and from here it looks like there's a bruise on his forehead, and he was out cold when I found him and he hasn't woken up since." he rattled off the details to Yixing quickly, who was already humming and looking through his supply cupboard. He worked in a small, family-owned doctor business and liked to keep his supplies and spares at home so he could organise them how he wanted, with the exception of the bare essentials that stayed in a tall, locked cupboard at work.
 
Zitao waited patiently for Yixing to pack his bags. "What should I do with him when I get home?" he asked, pulling into the street his apartment was on.
Yixing thought for a moment. "Take him up to your place, dry him off, get him warm best you can, and wait for me. I'll be there soon," he instructed calmly, zipping up his sports bag full of everything he thought he might need.
"Sounds easy enough, I'll do that. See you soon," Zitao said gratefully, pulling into his parking spot in the carpark below the apartment. 
"Tao," Yixing interjected suddenly.
"Yeah?"
"Don't worry, okay? You don't need to worry. Staying worried is just gonna make this whole thing more difficult for everyone."
"I'm not that w-"
Yixing cut him off. "Later," he hung up.
Zitao sighed and turned around to look at the stranger again. Wufan was still out cold, little goosebumps peppering his skin, and Zitao found himself overcome with a sense of pity. "You're lucky I decided to help you, stranger," he muttered, unbuckling his belt and preparing himself to carry the giant from the ground floor to his apartment.
 
A/N: Just a short update! I know this was boring but it kinda needed to be done. Thanks to the people who subbed already and please look forwards to the next update! ^_^ <3