After Paradise

Like a Dream, it's Paradise

A/N: Listen to Apink's Like A Dream lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yay! We have arrived in Canada!” Sungjong exclaimed, jumping up and down.

 

“Are you even a 20-year old?” Sungyeol smiled teasingly. But then,  Sungyeol’s vision started to blur.

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong? Let’s hurry to the hospital.”, the younger said while the elder held his head, crunching his face. The next thing he knew, the world was spinning around before it turned black completely. There was only one thing in his mind- the image of Namjoo crying. “Hyung!”, Sungjong shouted as the guy was lying lifelessly on the ground. He took his brother to the hospital with the help of a few people. Sungyeol, was sent into a wad. The brunette burst into tears. The doctor came out and Sungjong literally run up to him. “Is hyung okay?” he asked.

 

“He’s stable.” Then,  nurse came out running.

 

“Doc, his heartbeat is turning slow! I’m afraid he needs to take the surgery now!” she said making the doctor ran back into the room.

 

Sungjong sat on a chair, clasping his hands and closing his eyes tightly. He didn’t want to imagine about losing his brother. His one and only brother who cheers him up whenever and wherever. He took a glance at his brother’s things, spotting something he never seen before. He took the object, scanning it. “Joo?” he read it clearly for himself. He remembered the girl he saw with Sungyeol at Paradise Lake. He never see his brother to tease or chase a girl like that before. “You need to live hyung. You must.” He muttered, making steps towards the door of the surgery room.

 

Sungyeol thought of Namjoo that was waiting for him. He wanted to grant her wish. He didn’t want to make her wait for him. Namjoo loves him and he knows it. He loves her too. The words that he couldn’t say because it will hurt her – I love you.

 

Sungjong looked through the door. “Can I enter?” he asked. He wore a mask and went in. tears rising as he looked at the lifeless body having a surgery. The doctor had successfully transferred a heart into Sungyeol.

 

“Doctor! His heartbeat is slow again!” the nurse exclaimed making Sungjong panic. “His life is at risk.”

 

Sungjong couldn’t think of anything. He just stepped backwards, curled his fists. Then, it hit him. He squeezed the key-chain ‘Joo’ in his hand, shutting his eyes tightly. “Sungyeol-hyung! You have to live for the girl you love! I know you love her, hyung! Don’t you want to live for her and say you love her!? Don’t you want to hug and kiss her!? She’s waiting for you, hyung!” he shouted making the doctor stopped his actions. The room was quiet.

 

“Doc! His heartbeat is rising! He can hear us!” the nurse spoke. Yes, Sungyeol heard them. Because of Sungjong, he wanted to believe in Namjoo’s hope. He wanted to return to her. He wanted to have her in his arms. He wanted to say ‘I love you’.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Namjoo walked along the lake.  It’s been a year now. She was going to graduate from high school. She threw some pieces of bread to the ground. Pigeons came for it. She couldn’t leave the routine she made : wait Sungyeol at Paradise Lake. It felt like a dream. It felt like a lie. How he left her. It felt like it was yesterday.

 

She knew, he wouldn’t come back. But still, she was waiting for him day by day, weeks by weeks, month by  month. She remembered the first time they met. It was love at first sight. How she confessed and how they started their seemed-so-real-relationship.

 

She remembered their first date Sungyeol tried to make her love coffee. The coffee cake that had ‘Sungyeol/Namjoo 1st Date’ on it. Their first conversations on message.

 

2nd date. They fed the pigeons on the bench. How he ran with his long legs and took her into his embrace by accident. How they breathed each other’s scent. She missed that scent.

 

The 3rd date. The amusement park. She remembered how he laughed all day and making dolphin screams. She loved it. Their ferriswheel ride. The first time Sungyeol kissed her eventhough it was on the cheek. She was happy. It felt like Paradise.

 

Then, it was the 4th date. She remembered how she ‘proposed’ to him with a teddy bear. How his hand snake around her waist bringing her closer to him. The key-chain couple that they bought. She still have it in her pocket. It never leaves her side. She stared at it everytime she she wants to sleep. She’ll embrace it until she went into Dreamland where she will meet Sungyeol.

 

Lastly, their 5th date. They met in the park full of flowers, especially forget-me-nots. She reminisced how he slide the couple ring along her finger. She still wears it wherever she went. She brushed her fingers against the ring as tears begin to rise. How he intertwined their fingers that looked perfect for each other. She wanted time to stop. Her tears slipped down her cheeks. The warmth, scent, taste, feelings. She was craving for it. She didn’t want someone else to replace him. She loved how his lips touched his forehead.

 

Suddenly, the pigeons flew away. One of them knocked her hand that was holding the bread. She looked down at it. She bent down to pick it. “I’m sorry I’m late.” A voice spoke making her went up fast. That voice. There was a guy in front of her, the hem of his sweater stopped swaying. Her lips were locked. “Saranghae, Namjoo-ah.”

 

Namjoo’s eyes widened. This was a dream. It had to. A dream.. like a dream he appeared. Like a dream, he left her. This must be a dream that he came back for her. He came back to her…Sungyeol came back.. “Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked. His dark black hair swayed a little bit because of the wind. He suddenly took her into his embrace. Wrapping his arms around the girl he loved. The warmth.. the scent..the feelings.. that they were both craving for came back. The one they love had returned.

 

Namjoo nodded. “Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend again.” She replied. “So from now on, you’re mine and I’m yours. Till now and forever.” They tightened their embrace. Both of them didn’t want to let go. The pigeons flew around them , creating circles as if they were happy with their overflowing love towards each other. 

THE END

 

()

a/n: So what do you guys think? although I think it's quite a fail. comment please~