Paradise

Like a Dream, it's Paradise

Namjoo arrived at Paradise Lake.

 

Nan jeongmal~ sarangi eotteongeonji morugesseo~

 

Namjoo’s phone rang.  “Oh, a message?”

 

To: JooJoo

From: Yeollie-oppa

Subject: Where are you? I’m at Paradise Lake. Would you like me to make another date with you?

 

She smiled sweetly. She typed some alphabets on her phone.

 

To: Yeollie-oppa

From: JooJoo

Yes. ^v^ I would love to. Where should we go?

 

To: Joo Joo

From: Yeollie-oppa

Here. Paradise Lake. Wait.. You didn’t answer the last question. Where are you?

 

“Nan yeogi isseo.” Namjoo stood behind him. Sungyeol turned just to be met with a sheepishly smiling Namjoo. She chuckled making the guy smiled. Sungyeol lifted his hand showing a book of bread in a plastic.

 

“Wanna try what I did?” he said. Namjoo smiled, nodding her head. “Let’s go to the bench.” He pulled her to a bench and pushed her to sit down. He sat beside her smiling to the sky. A pinch of bread was put on her lap.

 

“Whoa-” Namjoo squealed when a pigeon landed on her lap. It bit the pinch of bread and flew away. Namjoo, who wanted revenge, stood up.  She pushed Sungyeol to lie down on the bench. “Stay like this.” Namjoo ordered. She spread pinches of bread on top of the boy, chuckling. The pigeons landed on him, starting to swallow the pinches of bread. Namjoo laughed while spreading more pinches of bread.

 

“Yah! Kim Namjoo!!” Sungyeol stood up and started running towards Namjoo who ran in reflex.

 

“Andwae~” Namjoo ran faster but Sungyeol grabbed her wrist. She tried to pry off his hand. The boy pulled the other towards him making her straightly went into his embrace. The two of them widened their eyes. Namjoo wanted to break away but failed to do so when the other tighten his embrace.

 

Namjoo felt her heartbeat stopped as the warmth from the boy spread through her body. “Let’s stay like this. Just for one more minute.” He whispered sending shivers down her spine. Her arms that was limped to her side slowly went upwards and wrapped around the other’s torso. She loved this feeling. They were in their own world. Nobody existed in it. only the two of them and no one else. Enjoying each other’s heart that beat against theirs in the same rhythm.

 

 

 

Today is the third date. They decided to go to a amusement park since it was Saturday. Namjoo twirled around once she stepped in. the hem of her skirt swayed rhythmly against the wind. “Yeolli~ We’re here~” her voice went up and down as she spun around.

 

“JooJoo~ we’re here!” Sungyeol let out a dolphin’s scream. People looked at them as if they were maniacs. “Let’s ride the roller coaster!” Sungyeol pulled Namjoo and they ran like kindergarten kids. The time the roller coaster started to move, they instantly

 squealed. The roller coaster ride was full of their screams and flails.

 

Then, they ride the spinning cup. Namjoo held the steering wheel and smirked. She turned the wheel once with her full strength. “Uwoaah!!!” Namjoo screamed making Sungyeol joined her.

 

“My turn! My turn!”Sungyeol exclaimed spinning the steering wheel like crazy. The cup spin at full speed. When they stepped off, both of them were like drunk kids. After they saw their world were not upside down anymore, they stood in front of the ‘Haunted House’.

 

“Haha! Finally the haunted house!” Namjoo exclaimed.

 

“But I don’t like ghosts. Let’s skip this one, eo?” Sungyeol pleaded, looking uneasy towards the haunted house.

 

“No worries~” Namjoo spoke dragging him into it.

 

“Andwae~~” Namjoo laughed as the house was filled with Sungyeol’s scream. “Why did you drag – aah!- me in-aahh!!- here!?” he shouted between screams. A ghost suddenly appears in front of Namjoo. The girl was so shocked she let go of Sungyeol. The ghost shoo-ed her away making her run forward.

 

“No~ Yeollie~” she cooed. The place was dark but all she could hear was her voice bouncing back at her. “Yeollie.. eodi gayo?” Namjoo cooed once again. “Yeollie…” she repeated.

 

She suddenly heard footsteps running towards her. A pair of arms wrapped around her, making her fall into a bone-crushing hug. “JooJoo… thank god I found you. I was freaking worried and scared you know.” The voice spoke sending shivers down her spine.

 

“Yeollie….” She whispered nuzzling her head into the other’s chest.

 

“They’re so cute..” a ghost said startling both of them. They ran outside and started laughing their way to the ferriswheel hand in hand.

 

The ferriswheel ride was filled with silence. Sungyeol placed his head on Namjoo’s shoulder. His hand reached Namjoo’s, caressing the palm of her hands with his thumb. “JooJoo, you love me right?” he asked.

 

The girl’s heart started to beat faster. “Yeah. A-and you’re making it stronger by each day.” She looked at the now eyes-closed boy. The boy lifted his head, squeezing the other’s hand. They were on top of the ferriswheel. He moved closer to Namjoo. His face was only inches away from her. He closed the gap between his lips and her cheek. The firework started to burst one by one.