Entering Paradise

Like a Dream, it's Paradise

A tall guy walked along an alley. His back was shown making his face hidden. “Oppa!” a girl’s voice shouted. The boy’s figure was getting nearer and nearer.

 

“Namjoo-ah.” The boy spoke. The girl wrapped her arms around the boy’s. They both smiled.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sunlight hit her eyes. Her eyes fluttered open as she moved her body upwards. “What? A dream again?” she mumbled, rubbing her eyes in annoyance. “I almost thought it was real.” She looked around realizing she was alone in her the classroom. She got up and packed her bags. Hanging her bag on her shoulders, she walked out of the classroom. Taking a deep breath, fresh breeze came into her lungs.

 

She walked along a path she always go to. She needs some time alone before going home. Have ice cream or cotton candy. Suddenly, a pigeon flew but knocked her head in the process. “Ouch.” She turned around, that’s when she saw a figure. A tall guy that was scattering some pinches of bread on the ground. He was surrounded by almost thirty pigeons.  Timed seemed to slow down. The figure, she remembered it. The tall guy that was in her dream. A smile plastered on his lips as he looked lovingly at the pigeons. She thought she saw a person that had fallen from the sky. Pigeons slowed their flapping wings, ready for landing that was near his feet.

 

Namjoo’s feet ran on its own. She didn’t even notice it until she was beside the guy. The pigeons   flew away together, one of them knocking the guy’s hand that was holding the piece of bread in the process. (A/N: clumsy birds LOL) Namjoo came back to reality as the guy turned to her. He was looking at her in the eyes. “I-I..” she stuttered. Her hands curled into fists gripping onto the hem of her skirt uniform. The black haired guy picked up his bread back putting it in a plastic. “Neo-neon johahae?” she exclaimed keeping her head low. As soon as she realized what she just said, she bit her lip. She wanted to run away but she wanted to hear what the other would say.

 

“N-ne?” the guy leaned downwards trying to catch the other’s eyes.

 

“I-I-I-I think I have fallen in love with you at first sight.” Namjoo once again exclaimed.

 

“Ah.. erm..” he finally gave a reaction.

 

“I-I know you-you don’t know me. We ca-can start as a friend.” She finally looked up to him. “I’m Kim Namjoo.” She held out her shaking hand towards him.

 

The guy grabbed her hand. “I’m Lee Sungyeol.” She was stunned by the smile. His smile that made her heart stopped beating for a while. “If you want to start a relationship, we have to go on a lot of dates. I still don’t know much about you.”
 he continued, letting go of her hand. They sat on a bench. “Let’s start talking about ourselves first. Like.. an introduction.”

 

Within 30 minutes, they knew about each other. More or less. Sungyeol loves coffee while Namjoo didn’t like it because it’s too bitter. The boy was 21 and she was 17 but she didn’t care about the 4 years distance. They have the same bloodtype. It’s the only thing they have in common other than the favourite color pink. They also love sweet things. “Wanna go and have some cake?” Sungyeol asked, standing up.

 

“Y-yes.” She answered making him giggled.

 

“Give me your hand.” The boy held out his hand. Namjoo placed hers on top of his slowly. Sungyeol gave it a squeeze. “Our relationship starts now.” he pulled Namjoo towards him.

 

They walked hand in hand. “Sungyeol-sshi.” Namjoo muttered.

 

“Drop the formailities. We’re in a relationship,right?” he swung their hands back and forth.  “Let see.. What should I call you..” Sungyeol tapped his chin with his index finger. “Namie? Ah.. Nam-san!” he squeaked. Yes, Sungyeol love Japanese movies especially animes.

 

“It sounded like Namsan Tower..” Namjoo pouted.

 

“Ah! JooJoo! JooJoo! Because you love to pout! And you look cute when you do it!” he cheered, pointing at her,.

 

“Fine.. You can call me that.. JooJoo does sounds like juju (pout)” she proclaimed. “What should I call you then?” she looked at him only receiving a shrug.

 

“You have to create it for me.” He said

 

“How about Yeollie?” she asked, her index finger on her chin.

 

“Yes! Yeollie! Add oppa at the back.” He played with her fingers.

 

“Yeollie-oppa?”

 

“Yes, and drop the question mark.”

 

Namjoo’s face was turning red. She never felt this embarrassed when calling someone’s name. “Yeollie-oppa.” She muttered.

 

 

“Yeah! Just like that! Perfect! I’m gonna love it when you call me like that!” he laughed.

 

They entered a café and sat at a table. It really looked like a new couple’s date. It was a date right? Sungyeol ordered a small coffee cake. He was determined to make Namjoo fall in love with coffee. “What decoration would you like to be on the cake?” the waitress asked. The boy whispered to the waitress. The latter nodded and started to ‘write’ something on the cake. There, on the cake, it plastered ‘Sungyeol&Namjoo first date’. Namjoo blushed as she saw it.

 

“Come, say aah~” Sungyeol opened his mouth while placing a tiny piece of cake in fornt of Namjoo’s lips.

 

“Aaah~” her face was red as she imitated the other.

 

“Does it taste good?” he asked eagerly earning a nod from the other. “Don’t be shy, JooJoo. It looks like I was the one who asked you out.” He smiled smugly. “Now feed me. Aaah~” he did it once again.

 

Namjoo shyly shoved the piece of cake into his mouth. “Does it taste good?” she asked, looking into his eyes, leaning closer.

 

Sungyeol blushed slightly because of those sparkling eyes that stared at him. He swallowed the bits of cake he chewed, smiling. “If you say it was good, of course I love it!” he exclaimed, giggling afterwards. In a slow movement Sungyeol’s hand reached Namjoo’s lips. He wiped a tint of cream at the edge of her lips and slowly brought it to his lips. “And it’s kinda sweet too.” He said. Namjoo’s eyes widened and she quickly blushed. This guy is taking her more and more to paradise. She didn’t hate it. No, she loved it. the thought of that guy being hers was more than enough. He had come to complete her, that’s what she believed. “Can I have your phone for a sec, please?” Sungyeol asked as he knew it was getting late. They were walking an alley. Namjoo gave it to him without a word. The buy pushed some number, smiling to himself. “Here, it’s my number.” She looked at the ID number, ‘Yeollie-oppa’ she smiled. “Where is your house?”

 

“Just at the end of this corner.” She said. When they reached her house, the bid goodbyes to each other. After a whuile, Namjoo send a message to Sungyeol.

 

To: Yeollie-oppa

From : Joo Joo

Subject: Oppa, did you reach home safe and sound?

 

To: Joo Joo

From: Yeollie-oppa

Subject: Yeah, you have to sleep now. you have to school tomorrow, right? Sweet dreams, my JooJoo.

 

She smiled at the nickname. At the last sentence. Form that day on, she really wished that their relationship was true. A reality.