The Future Isn't Set In Stone, But it is Hard To Change

Sailor Mato

            “Just… hold… one second.” Himchan panted.

            “Himchan, we are almost there!” Jongup pleaded.

            Zelo shook his head. “This is why you should have worked out more.”

            Himchan glared. “Just let me catch my breath before I walk through those doors. You know how foolish I will look if I demand she returns Yongguk while gasping for air?”

            “Take deep breathes and exhale slowly.” Jongup instructed.

            “Are you sure that will help?” Zelo asked moving so that his skit twirled around, out of boredom.

            Jongup shrugged. “I think so.”

            Himchan rolled his eyes. “Shouldn’t you know? I’m sure Youngjae would know… he started researching all this information.”

            “He’s been helping me improve my workout routine.” Jongup smiled.

            Zelo frowned and looked down. Himchan frowned. “Zelo, what’s wrong?”

            “Youngjae…” Zelo violently shook his head. “You seem to be breathing fine now, should we go inside?”

            Himchan sadly stared at the huge wooden set of double doors that stood menacingly. It was the last barrier between him and the final boss battle. It seemed like such a video game styled final battle that when they had arrived Jongup had looked around for a save point. Unfortunately, none were found. This was real life and there would be no redo if he failed.

            “Himchan?” Jongup’s voice was worry.

            Himchan exhaled. ‘They are depending on you. Don’t back down now, don’t show the fear. Stay confident for them.’

            “Let’s do this.” Himchan smirked and raised his head up high.

            The younger boys cheered as Himchan pulled on his many years of strutting around the town confidently to act unafraid as he walked up to the door and pushed them open. The doors didn’t budge though. Himchan frowned and leaned against the doors, putting all his weight into trying to open them.

            “Should we tell him it’s a pull door?” Zelo asked Jongup.

            Himchan grumbled embarrassed from hearing the youngest. He sent him a glare which Zelo shrugged off before grabbing the two cast iron circular door handles and yanking the door wide open. He was relieved that they actually opened and he walked into the castle throne room as if it was his own castle.

            It was a red carpet they walked on up to the throne where Jieun sat with a bemused smile on her face. Another girl, Hana if Himchan remembered her name correctly, was crouched on the ground side the crumpled male. Himchan’s expression faltered showing the pain of seeing Yongguk bleeding and whimpering in pain, but he quickly replaced it with a deathly glare which he directed at Jieun.

            “So, it seems you found my castle.” Jieun waved her hands. “Congratulations.”

            “Ah, so these are the Mato Warriors, huh?” Hana asked cutely.

            Himchan’s jaw dropped. “Wow… I… thank you. Yes we are.”

            “Someone actually called us by our new name?” Jongup looked up at Zelo in surprise.

            “If you weren’t currently torturing my boyfriend then I probably wouldn’t hate you.” Himchan admitted.

            “Yeah, I’m sorry about this.” Hana poked Yongguk’s head. “He keeps fighting my mind control though. I think he should give in soon though.”

            “You could just not try to manipulate him.” Zelo suggested.

            Hana looked up at Jieun. “Really?” Jieun said, not believing Hana.

            “Sorry,” Hana said. “If we don’t manipulate him then he won’t listen to us and he won’t willingly get married with Jieun.”

            “Hana!” Jieun looked at red in the face.

            Zelo frowned. “But since his mind will be manipulated then it still isn’t willingly and the marriage won’t be valid.”

            “I don’t care!” Jieun shouted. “He will love me forever because I will demand it from him!”

            Himchan smirked and crossed his arms. “But deep down you will always know it is a lie. He will always love me more than you.”

            “Shut up!” Jieun stood up and threw a small orb of darkness at the boys.

            Himchan pulled his sword out in a flash and slashed, letting the light of his crystal shine destroy the darkness.

            “True love will always prevail.” Zelo piped in. “Even if you change his head you will never be satisfied.”

            “I said shut up!” Jieun screamed in rage. “I will have him and I will have you crystal! He will love me and I will be the most powerful being in the universe.”

            “Shall I try entering his mind again?” Hana asked.

            “Don’t you dare!” Himchan shouted.

            Hana grinned widely as Jieun nodded for her to try again. She wiggled her fingers as the descended onto Yongguk, purple sparks flying freely.

            “Totomato!” Himchan shouted.

            “Beat you to it.” Zelo said, bow already in hand. He shot an arrow at Hana making her jump away from Yongguk.

            “Get Yongguk.” Jongup said powering up his own energy.

            Himchan hesitated but shook his head and held up his sword. “No, she comes first. This has to end otherwise we might never get another opportunity like this again.”

            “Heal him! We need his help.” Jongup said before throwing a lightning bolt at Jieun who deflected it easily. “I’ll hold her off as best as I can until you two are ready.”

            “Just me?” Jieun laughed. “Did you really think I had no other guards?”

            At the snap of her fingers more soldiers entered the room from behind them. Himchan paled at the sheer number of them all. The conflicting thoughts of whether to fight or heal Yongguk first battled in his mind. He saw Zelo shoot three arrows at once hitting their target but more were there to take their places. Himchan gulped and gritted his teeth as he ran to Yongguk, hoping in the end he wouldn’t regret his decision.

            Himchan let out a strangled cry when he turned Yongguk over to see the condition of his face. He looked like the beatings he had endured had been horrendous in just the day he had been held hostage. Lifting his head into his lap made Yongguk whimper and flinch. Himchan felt horrible and wished he hadn’t wasted time moping around instead of rescuing Yongguk. Himchan lightly placed his hand on Yongguk’s chest as he tried to redirect his power.

            The sounds of the fight surrounded him though, making it hard for him to concentrate on healing his mangled boyfriend. Himchan looked around the room and saw his two friends and teammates battling the best they could against the mob of guards and the two Tierra Negra royalty. The couple had excellent teamwork though and seemed to be holding them off decently well. Himchan closed his eyes to help him concentrate. He felt the power within him and was finally able to begin using it to heal Yongguk.

            At the first touch of his power Yongguk groaned. Out of pain or sense of relief, Himchan couldn’t tell, but Himchan hoped that Yongguk was at least feeling better now that he was here for him.

            “Himchan?” Yongguk croaked.

            “Yongguk, I’m here!” Himchan opened his eyes.

            Yongguk, with his face finally healed, looked up at him smiling and stretched his hand up to touch his face. “You came.”

            “Of course I came.” Himchan leaned into the touch. “Just because we argue doesn’t mean I don’t still love you.”

            Yongguk chuckled but then winced and grabbed his side. “Guess I’m not at 100% yet.”

            “Let me keep healing you.” Himchan smiled.

            “No, save your strength.” Yongguk slowly sat up. “We are in a battle and my wounds won’t kill me now.”

            “Yongguk.” Himchan frowned.

            Seeing the determined look on Yongguk’s face though, Himhan stopped healing him and instead pulled him upright. Himchan started to get emotional and couldn’t help himself from hugging Yongguk, almost knocking the poor boy back to the ground.

            “I missed you. I’m sorry I took so long to get here.” Himchan tried to hold back his tears.

            Yongguk softly patted his back. “All that matters is that you are here now.”

            “Tatsmato!” Jongup shouted.

            Himchan looked up, having forgotten about the danger around him since he had blocked out the noise while healing, and his eyes widened as he saw the orb of darkness closing in on him quickly. Dread filled him as he knew Yongguk might not be able to teleport them away and he didn’t have the time to power up his sword, not when the orb was already that close.

            Within a blink, Jongup was standing in front of him, his back facing Himchan. It was like time slowed. The word ‘No’ escaped his lips but not in time convince Jongup to move. Jongup dropped to his knees and Himchan was there to catch him before the boy hit the ground.

            “Jo—Jongup.” Himchan cradled his savior. “Jongup, why? Jongup please talk to me.”

            Jongup coughed up blood but still tried to smile for Himchan. “I guess some futures can’t be avoided.”

            Himchan shook his head as his eyes started to fill with tears. “No, I’m going to heal you. I won’t let you die.”

            “It’s the least I could do for you.” Jongup said as he tried desperately to hold on to life for a few more seconds. “You gave me a new life and I just used it to protect you. I told you… you are my friend and I’d do anything for you. I’m just sad I can’t be here until the end.”

            “Jongup, no!” Himchan cried out. Himchan continued to try healing the dying boy but his light just would not enter Jongup’s body.

            “Tell Zelo that I love him. I’m sorry I couldn’t say it before.”

            “Jongup… Jongup? JONGUP?! JONGUP!” Himchan shouted as the boy went limp in his arms. His scream bounced off the walls and his hot tears fell down upon the boy he would have called his best friend. His yells of ‘no’ became incoherent. Himchan clutched the body to his chest and continued to cry still not quite believing that he was gone.

            Yongguk was there patting Himchan’s back trying to him up and fighting, but Himchan couldn’t hear him. “Himchan, you have to get up; you have to help Zelo.”

            Himchan sobbed into Jongup’s back but hearing Zelo’s name finally seemed to make him realize there was more to lose. “Zelo…”

            It was then Himchan heard the other scream that had rivaled him own. Zelo was in the middle of things shooting arrows rapidly, stabbing people with arrows when they got too close. He was fighting with tears in his eyes and not caring for his life anymore.

            “I’ll attack Hana, and maybe if she is gone, some of the men will stop fighting.” Yongguk said once Himchan seemed to have calmed down.

            Himchan nodded and Yongguk teleported away. Himchan looked down at Jongup one last time before gently putting him on the floor. “I won’t let your death be in vain, Jonguppie. I promise.”

            Himchan shakily got to his legs and started in for the fight. He threw his tiara killing people near Zelo. “Totomato! Be careful!”

            Zelo continued to cry, either not hearing or not caring what Himchan said. It was then one of the men stabbed Zelo from behind, going unseen by both of them.

            “Zelo!” Himchan shouted, not caring about their warrior names anymore.

            Zelo grasped the spear sticking through his abdomen as he fell to his knees with a smile on his face.  “I’m coming soon, Jongup.”

            “No, Zelo!” Himchan pulled out his sword and began slashing at the men between him and his youngest friend. “Don’t you dare die on me!”

            Zelo cried out as another guard stabbed him in the chest. “Sorry Himchan, looks like I can only do one last thing for you!”

            “ZELO!”

            “For love of friends.” Zelo glowed gold before multiple bolt of arrows shot out from his body and skewered the men surrounding him.

            Himchan screamed as he saw Zelo fall forward along with the guards he had killed. Hana screamed out and Himchan took his eyes off of Zelo to see that she was stabbed by one of his arrows as well as Yongguk’s dagger in her heart.

            Jieun cried out and dashed over to her sister. Yongguk teleported over to Himchan, who was now in shock over the amount of death that surrounded him.

            “Everyone is dying.” Himchan muttered. He looked up at Yongguk who was also trying hard not to cry.

            “We can get through this, we can win for them.” Yongguk said.

            “Where is everyone else?” Himchan asked scared.

            “I’m sure they are fighting their way up here.” Yongguk reassured him. “Jieun is weak now, we need to fight!”

            “I will kill you!” Jieun screeched. Her eyes were blazing and shirt covered in Hana’s blood.

            Himchan barely had time to brace himself with his sword in front of him and Yongguk before Jieun summoned a huge orb and threw it at them. Himchan screamed behind gritted teeth as he wasn’t completely prepared for the attack.

            Jieun shouted again and threw another orb which made the current one Himchan was dealing with stronger. Himchan’s power wasn’t giving out but the attack was so powerful it pushed him backwards. Yongguk yelped and then before Himchan knew it he was being pulled backwards and the both of them were falling out of the window.

            “Yongguk!” Himchan screamed.

            “I’m trying! Hold on!”

            “We don’t have much time!” Himchan yelled back seeing the ground get rapidly closer.

            Yongguk wrapped his arms around Himchan’s waist, practically pushing all the air out of the younger man’s lungs but the next thing Himchan knew they were laying on the ground. Himchan laid face down coughing while Yongguk rolled away and was breathing hard. Yongguk wasn’t up to full speed yet so the amount of power he used in the last few minutes had wiped him out.

            “That was a bit rough.” Himchan coughed.

            “Sorry… just… tired…” Yongguk panted.

            Himchan groaned as he pulled himself up to his elbows and knees. “We have to get up. We have to fight.”

            “Give me just one more second.” Yongguk said.

            Himchan nodded and looked over at Yongguk. “Yongguk, move!” Himchan screamed as he saw the impending doom heading in his boyfriend’s direction.

            Yongguk slowly opened his eyes just before the orb hit his stomach.  The black orb easily flowed into him and Yongguk screamed.

            “NO!”

            Yongguk looked over at Himchan weakly. “I’m so sorry.  At least we had a little bit of time together. I’ll see you the next time around. Himchan, I love you.”

            “Yongguk! NO!” Himchan cried as he crawled over to Yongguk.

            By the time Himchan reached him though, Yongguk was already gone. Himchan gently touched Yongguk’s cheek and closed his eyes, not wanting to believe what he was seeing. His love was taken from him much too quickly, such was the theme of their romance.

            Jieun’s laugh pulled Himchan’s gaze to her. He glared up at her, tears streaming down his face, while she slowly descended from the top floor. “Oh, Prince of Mato, what will you do now that you are alone?”

            “Alone?” Himchan asked.

            She settled on the window sill on the second floor so she could stare down at him. “Yes, alone. Your friends and your lover are dead leaving you alone standing on this battle field.”

            Himchan wiped his tears away and began to rise to his feet in hopes that he could look brave and strong. “I am not alone! I still have JokoMato and—“

            Jieun laughed. “Oh poor boy, did you not look around you?”

            Himchan was confused until he looked to his right, towards the castle doors. He fell back to his knees as his jaw dropped. “No…”

            “YES!” Jieun said evilly.

            Himchan had no words. Blood splattered the castle wall behind Youngjae who looked like he had been put through a shredder from the sheer amount of times he had been sliced. He would have been unrecognizable had it not been from the yellow and blue outfit strips of fabric that lay over him. Mere feet away lay Daehyun and Tao who looked like they had died at the same time. Both had been beaten to a pulp. Daehyun was littered in stab wounds as well and had even died with Tao’s sword still stuck in his heart.

            ‘I could have saved them… had I been here I might have been able to save them…’ Thoughts of regret made Himchan feel guilty for leaving them behind.

            “And that isn’t all, is it?” Jieun played with her hair casually. “Do you want your cats as well?”

            With a snap of her fingers a window on the tenth floor opened and Himchan could watch in horror as two small broken cats fell to the ground. At this point he was practically surrounded by all his friends. He had either seen them die or had been forced to see their corpses.

            There was no stopping the tears or the cries that fell from his mouth. There would be no comforting words that could ever make him feel better. Himchan was slipping into a depression he didn’t ever think he would be able to get out of. His mind was blank as if he had stopped himself from thinking, yet his body kept functioning, kept crying, kept breathing, although at this point he wished to do anything but.

            “You are alone in this fight that you cannot win.” Jieun smiled. “Give up. Give me the crystal and maybe I’ll give you a quick death.”

            “Give up?” Himchan questioned numbly.

            “Yes.” Jieun had her hand outstretched. “Just give me the crystal, little boy.”

            “Give up?” Himchan asked in disbelief as his mind started to come back to him. “I’m not giving up.”

            “What?” Jieun’s smile dropped.

            Himchan slowly rose to his feet. “I’m not giving up, how could I give up now? My friends have sacrificed everything for me, giving me everything they had because they believed in me! They trusted me to finish this! You say I’m alone and I say no I’m not. My friends’ spirits will always be with me to give me strength.”

            “Stop being pathetic and hand me the Mato crystal.” Jieun scowled.

            “Never.” Himchan glared. “As long as I am still alive you will never hold this crystal in your hands.”

            “Then I’ll just have to kill you.” Jieun’s hair started to float around her as her power rose.

            Himchan gripped onto his crystal and glared at his enemy waiting for her to make the first move. He didn’t have to wait long as Jieun threw multiple orbs of death in his direction. Himchan dodged or deflected them all with the light of his crystal. He shot back a few blasts of light from his crystal and made Jieun jump from the window to the ground floor.

            “Brat!” She yelled, noticing that her shoes had gotten dirty. “I will end you once and for all!”

            Himchan’s eye widened in fear as he saw her put her hands together and begin to shot a never-ending beam at him. Himchan stuck his own hands out holding his crystal and his own white light clashed with the dark black and purple one coming towards him.

            Himchan whined and felt himself being pushed back by the enormous power Jieun had. With his eyes in narrow slits from concentrating he looked to the side and saw his friends. Yongguk who had searched for him yet waited until he was ready to pursue him, Youngjae who had taught him to study and stayed up late with him so he could understand the class material, Daehyun who never let Himchan get too full of himself but who always had his back, G-Dragon who had found him and had changed his life forever, along with T.O.P who was there to break up Himchan and G-Dragon’s silly arguments. He couldn’t see Jongup, his friend who had stood by Himchan’s side when he really needed him, and Zelo, his youngest friend who aggravated him but at the same never failed to make him smile with his antics.

            Himchan felt all of them by his side, as if they were standing behind him, and he felt their power flow into him as well as words of encouragement. Himchan’s eyes sprang open and he began to push back against Queen Jieun’s power.

            “You will never have this crystal!” Himchan shouted. “I will use my power to purify everything here and everyone still in this castle! One day you will come back with clear souls!”

            “What rubbish!” Jieun shouted with a shaking voice.

            ‘No… it isn’t.’ Himchan spared one last glance at his friends. ‘If they can give their lives to the war then so can I; I am not afraid. With the last of my energy I will rid this universe of the Tierra Negrans and hopefully… possibly bring my friends back like my mother did.’

            “At the cost of my own life.” Himchan finished aloud.

            “Decided to give up?” Jieun asked hopefully, noticing the white light getting closer to her side.

            “Anything but.” Himchan smiled as he felt his power rise. “This ends now, with the both of us becoming the last casualties of this pointless battle.”

            The crystal in Himchan’s hand flared up shining its pure bright light in every direction. Jieun’s power was pushed back completely and she screamed as the combined forces hit her. Himchan let the power flow through him as it continued to flood the area in white light. Himchan closed his eyes, the last thing he saw was his light covering the area, before he peacefully became one with the purifying light.


A/N: I am so so so sorry....but i'm also just really cruel sorry hehe

As an apology I waited to post this until I finished the last segment

CONTINUE ON!!