Full Proof

ROOTS

In light of recent news Rabi wasn't sure if she could take anymore. "No. No no no no no..." She made her way out of the room, pulling her hair and continuing to deny the news. Jongin immediately became worried and was at her side. "Take me home, I want to go home." She clung to her boyfriend. She wanted to cry, but nothing came out. All she could do was lose herself in the comfort of Jongin's hold.

"What happened in there?" Nircisa asked turning to Hana who was now exiting the room with the detective. "Did you show her the pictures?" Narcisa became furious. but was immediately calmed when Hana shook her head.

"She was most likely exposed to the same poison that killed her father." The detective spoke. Jongin stepped forward.

"Is she going to die too?" His heart began to race at the thought of losing Rabi.

"No." Hana spoke in a calming voice. "Do you remember when my unnies were attacked at the dorm? And Rabi unni had to be taken to the hospital?"

"Her cut." Jongin said, getting straight to the conclusion. Hana nodded, confirming his suspicions.

"Cut?" Myungsoo looked around at the group then at Rabi. "You were hurt in that attack?" He knew about the incident, everyone did. It made the news and front cover of almost all the news papers. There was no news about Rabi's hospitalization however, so he had no idea of her injury. Rabi refused to answer him. She didn't want to relive the experience of the attack.

"One of the fans got to her." Jongin began to explain. "We thought it was just a normal cut, but by the time she made it to our dorm it started to blister and split open." He rubbed Rabi's arm as he spoke. "We took her to the hospital and they told us that she was poisoned, but didn't know with what. We didn't think anything of it then. So the person who cut her was never identified."

"Would you have any idea of what that fan looked like?" The detective began to question Jongin. The idol shook his head. 

"No. The only one who would know is Kris hyung. But it was so long ago, I doubt he would even remember." The detective cursed silently to himself and nodded. After a bit more discussion he finally allowed the idols to be on their way. As they made their way out to the parking lot Myungsoo mumbled something that caught Rabi's attention.

"What did you say?" She asked, breaking away from Jongin. Myungsoo stared at her and blinked. Jongin stopped and stared at him.

"I was just saying," he ruffled his hair. "I have a friend who likes to study poisons and viruses. A few days with the poison and he would most likely be able to tell what it is." He chuckled a little. "But I said that as a joke. He lives all the way in Japan."

"Is he really as good as you say he is?" Rabi stepped closer to him. Again, Myungsoo blinked.

"I'd give him a five out of five stars." Rabi quickly turned to to Jongin.

"I want to go to Japan." Jongin furrowed his brow. "I'm going to find out who murdered my father." She turned back to Myungsoo. "Are you busy?" The idol shook his head. "Follow us." She didn't say anything more as she turned to enter Narcisa's car. Jongin and Myungsoo stared at each other a few seconds longer before they both entered their assigned cars.

Once back at her house, Rabi told her group of friends about her plan. All of which immediately objected. Everyone seemed to have a reason for why it was a bad idea. Most of them just said she was tired, and still suffering from the loss of her father. While that may have been true, Rabi still wanted to go through with her plan. She didn't have everything figured out, most she planned out was to get to Myungsoo's friend in Japan and figure out what was in the poison. She'd figure out what to do from there.

"Rabi, think of floWER." Miyoung said, trying to convice her band member. "Your fans, the company. You'll have no time to do this. We barely had time to come here to America for-"

"I don't care about floWER, or the fans or the company." Rabi lashed out at her friends. "My father, the only family I had was murded. And most likely by the same person who tried to kill me last year! Would you still want to sing and prance around on a stage like a puppet after something like that?" Everyone in the room remained quiet. They had no response for the girl. "That's what I thought. Now I'm going to Japan, with or without you guys' help." She turned to Myungsoo. "You can give me your friend's contact information now please."

"No." Taemin sat his cup of milk down. "You're not going to Japan." Rabi eyed him, a dangerous fire burning in her eyes. "Even if you did make it to Japan and managed to find Myungsoo's friend, what would you do from there? It's not like you have a sample of the poison to give to him." Rabi blinked. Taemin spoke the truth. She had no idea how she would get a sample of the poison. "The only way you could access  it is through the investigation labs of the police station. And they wouldn't just hand it over to you. Not unless you were an official. You need a well thought out plan for this Bunbun, and more than one person to pull anything off." Rabi's shoulders slugged and her eyes began to water. Her great idea was now beginning to look like a childish game. "So I'll help in any way that I can."

Everyone's eyes were now on Taemin. "You will?" Rabi said leaning forward to her best friend. He nodded and smiled at her. Now Minho and Kibum, the two members who accompanied Rabi to America along with Taemin, began to protest. Giving Taemin the same excuses that everyone attempted to give Rabi just minutes ago.

"You guys don't understand. Rabi's my best friend. And she has been for a very long time. Seeing her over the past week, I've noticed that she's slowly slipping." It was true, just like Jongin, Taemin noticed the obvious change in Rabi's personality. But as she explained her plan to them, he noticed a slight hint of the old Rabi returning. If perusing her father's murderer put the life back in her eyes, then Taemin would gladly give up anything to help.

"Then I'll help too." Jongin spoke, and he silenced s before they had a chance to speak. "This is more important than music guys." Jongin was always very blunt and straightforward. There was hardly a time he would beat around the bush.

"What the hell, why not. I'm in too." Narcisa said with a raised hand. It wasn't like she had anything better to do. She was now out of a job since it was her boss that was murdered. Slowly but surely the rest of the idols chimed in. The scene was straight out of a movie or fiction novel, but still brought tears to Rabi's eyes. The fact that these people would give up their careers just to help pursue her father's murderer was enough to put a smile on Rabi's face. It was her first smile in weeks.

"You all do realize we need a plan." Kris finally spoke up. "How are we going to get that sample?"

"Oh I have a plan!" Chanyeol said, shooting his hand in the air like a high school student. Everyone's eyes were on him. "Okay, so one of us dress up as a lab assistant from the police station, sneak into the chemical labs and smuggle a sample out." This sent snickers around the table and Kyungsoo couldn't help but to hit Chanyeol on the back of his head. "Ouch! What? It could work!"

"Yeah, if we were in some kind of a spy movie." Yixing spoke as he munched on a carrot. Hana prepared a health snack when they were back in the house.  "But this is real life. They would know."

"No, it could work." Narcisa suddenly spoke up, remembering something. "We'll just need the right credentials and some very good actors." She looked around the table at the group of idols.

"Because of our training, I think everyone here can act fairly well. But where will we get the creds?" Myungsoo was absorbed in a photo album he found laying around. Picture of his uncle and Rabi filled the book. He was shifting through it as he spoke.

"I know a guy." Narcisa said. "An ex of mine. He's really good with making fake ID's and things like that. I'm sure he can whip something up. For free too." She let a sly grin cross her face. "Besides, he owes me."

"So this is it?" Miyoung spoke. "We're actually doing this?" She looked around the table and slowly settled in her chair when everyone nodded in unison. When she joined floWER she was not expecting anything like this to happen. But the only reason she left home to audition for SM Town was so she could see more of the world. "You all do realize, that if we fall short on this, then all of us can be charged with things our company will not be proud of." The idols all nodded, no one saying a thing. "Okay. What's the plan?" Suddenly everyone's eyes were on Chanyeol again, anticipating his words.

"Oh! So now you all want to hear what I have to say?" Kyungsoo hit him on the back of his head again and he laughed. But after the laughter subsided, he quickly began to go into detail with the plan he stated earlier.

 

***

 

Luhan and Miyoung sat in the car the group had rented that week. Miyoung carefully checked her make up and clothing, making sure everything was in top shape. She was the one who was selected to play the scientist. Luhan took hold of the ID hanging around her neck. Freshly laminated. He stared at it. "It looks pretty legit." He said, staring hard at the piece of plastic. "Do you think it'll work?" He looked up from the card at Miyoung.

"I hope it does. Or we're screwed. Are you ready?" Luhan nodded, he too was dressed in lab gear. He was going to go in with Miyoung to make sure everything went as smoothly as planned. He looked down at his own forged ID and sighed heavily. Miyoung ruffled his hair. "Oh don't stress it too much, you'll do great!" He smiled back at the girl and the two of them shared a warm smile. Luhan began to reach up, to touch the girl's face when his phone rang. He sighed and answered it. "Yeah?"

"Are you ready?" Chanyeol spoke on the other end.

"Yeah, we're just waiting for the signal." Rabi, Myungsoo and Narcisa went back into the station. They requested to see the lab. While the detective couldn't take them in the lab, he allowed them to stand outside. Myungsoo secretly recorded the path they took to get to the lab on his phone. Once they exited the station he sent the video to Miyoung's phone.

"Got it." She said.

"We got it." Luhan repeated to Chanyeol. 

"Good, Narcisa has our eyes in place." Chanyeol confirmed to them. It was an easy job for her. Just place the mini spy cameras in places they would go unnoticed. The cameras were cheap and came from a toy store, but they got the job done. All video feed was being sent to Chanyeol's laptop. He stayed back home with the rest of the group. They all crowded around the computer as the feed from the different cameras streamed to Chanyeol's laptop. Luhan plugged his earphones into his phone and shoved the device into the inner pocket of his lab coat. He shoved one of the earbuds in his ear so he could hear Chanyeol's voice at all times. It was his job to collect the mini cameras once the sample was retrieved. Leaving behind no evidence of them ever being there.

 


 

Herro~ LOL. Jokes.

But no, really hello~ I hope you guys enjyoed this chapter.

Just so you know, I really sat down and thought of a plan for them before typing this chapter.

This is my first time writing anything that has to do with mystery, crime, or spy stuff.

Is it any good? I hope so. Go easy on me if not.

I'm suuuuper mega tired, but since I have a lot to do, I won't be sleeping anytime soon.

So I may have another chapter up tonight/today.

Please subscribe, I'm working hard for you guys. It's already midnight here... T^T