'Sup Noobs

Why Do We Work Here

Kyungsoo actually has no idea why he works at this place.

“Come on,” Baekhyun had said, eyes twinkling little slits and perfectly red mouth stretched across his bright face, showcasing cute pearly whites. “It’ll be fun! They’ll love you!”

 Baekhyun, as Kyungsoo really should’ve known, was the devil.

He was into working at Seoul Performing Arts High School through his friend, senior and fellow vocal major, Baekhyun. The small boy had lured Kyungsoo in with crescent eye smiles and promises of a tight bond with the other 10 teachers, not to mention a comfortable working atmosphere in which the two of them could enjoy the halcyon ways of teaching at an exclusive private high school for the arts.

If anything, the other 11 teachers had welcomed Kyungsoo into their little circle with far too much enthusiasm.

Kyungsoo reckoned that the teachers had grown way too comfortable with his presence when Chanyeol tried to reach into Kyungsoo’s pants to compare the sizes of their . That was, definitely, crossing many lines and many levels.

It’s not that Kyungsoo doesn’t love his job- what could be better than teaching focused students the art of singing all day, beside his best friend Baekhyun?

Except a lot of the students aren’t focused, they’re just over-privileged, bored, and wasting their parents’ money.

Kyungsoo always makes sure to dote on the rare aspiring idol, or the kid working two jobs to put himself through the financially demanding program.

However, it’s definitely the fellow faculty that spice up Kyungsoo’s life.

In fact, they make it way too spicy. Spicy to the point of explosive diarrhea.

Kyungsoo has barely pushed open the door to the teacher’s lounge when he is pushed to the side roughly by none other than a heaving Chanyeol, eyes wildly unfocused and gangly limbs flailing around uselessly.

“B-Baekhyun- chasing me- please help!”

Kyungsoo ducks as a pencil case comes hurtling through the air, barely missing Chanyeol and instead, slamming against the wall with a heavy thunk.

“GIVE ME BACK MY STAPLER YOU GIANT BUFFOON. I SPENT FIFTEEN DOLLARS ON THAT DAMN THING!”

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, pushing Chanyeol out of his way and patting Baekhyun on the shoulder as he walks by, making sure to brush off the fluff on the disgruntled man’s wrinkled shirt. “Did you check the second drawer on the left of your desk?” he asks, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

Baekhyun pauses, then chuckles nervously. “O-oh yeah. I’d better go do that.”

He scurries off and Chanyeol slumps to the floor in relief. “That idiot always thinks I take his stuff.” He mumbles, attempting to fix his mop of frizzy blonde hair.

“Did you brush your teeth this morning? Your breath stinks,” Kyungsoo calls behind him as he enters the main room.

Jongdae, Sehun and Luhan are already in the premises, all three of them hunched over a bundle of papers laughing quietly.

“Please don’t tell me this is another attempt to prank Kris.” Kyungsoo groans. “You know what happened last time.”

“Oh please, pranking Duizhang is so fun. You know you love it.” Luhan defends, chin disappearing in a trademark grin.

“Hell, Duizhang himself probably loves it. It’s the most excitement he’s ever gonna get in his life.” Sehun adds.

“Tch, 40 year old .” And that would be Jongdae.

“Why do we call him Duizhang again?”

“I dunno, I think it’s a kink of his.”

Kyungsoo tunes the three of them out, making his way to the coffee machine. “Where’s-”

“Jongin?”  Jongdae interrupts.

Kyungsoo turns around with a glare and the three on the couch burst into simultaneous laughter.

“Come on, you guys have been skirting around each other for like months. It’s pretty damn obvious.”

Kyungsoo grits his teeth.

Kim Jongin, dance teacher and sweet dongsaeng, was the main reason Kyungsoo was teased in the workplace. It wasn’t his fault Jongin was just an amazing person all around. He shared Kyungsoo’s lame sense of humor, was caring but not too clingy, and enjoyed Pororo. Not to mention his talented dance skills and y caramel coloring- Just a friend, just a friend, just a friend.

“He’s at it again!” Luhan laughs.

“Get him a napkin before he drowns us with his drool,” Jongdae snickers.

“I’M STRAIGHT!” Kyungsoo cries.

“That’s good to know first thing in the morning,” Tao mutters, pushing open the door, balancing a venti Starbucks latte with his Gucci bag, cellphone cradled to his ear.

“Shut up Tao, you’re gayer than Freddie Mercury.”

“It’s my mom on the phone!” Tao hisses, jogging to the back room, sloshing his coffee everywhere.

Kyungsoo slumps down on the couch furthest away from the three stooges, his stomach turning too much for the coffee he was planning on making. Jongin was just a friend, and nothing more. His idiot coworkers always made a big deal out of nothing.

“WHICH ONE OF YOU LOVELY LADIES STOLE MY EYELINER!?” Baekhyun screams, his shrill voice interrupting Kyungsoo’s thoughts.

“Did you check the third drawer to the right?” Joonmyun calls as he walks in, adjusting his crisp tie.

“God damn there’s so many drawers, sorry guys I’m kind of forgetful-”

“Make way noobs, for the mighty Wu Yi Fan has entered the room!” There’s another bang and Kris stands in the doorway, long arms outstretched and eyes closed.

There is a muffled grunting noise and then Yixing pushes his way out from behind the tall blonde, shaking his head in dismay. “Sorry everyone,” he apologizes. “We kind of had a historical drama marathon over the weekend. Kris is still stuck in that little world.”

There is a collective groan throughout the room, even from Chanyeol, who had just managed to crawl in, and is sitting on the floor looking scandalized. Baekhyun is nowhere to be found. “Again?” Sehun whines. “Do you ever learn?”

Kris’s eyes flash open and he stalks over to Sehun, grabbing him by the collar of his dress shirt and almost lifting him up from his seat.

“Do you dare speak to your king like that!?” The towering male roars.

“Put him down, Kris.” Joonmyun patronizes from next to the coffee machine.

Sehun is released and Kris stalks off into his private room to Skype his mom, which he does every morning before work.

“What’s going on, I could literally hear Kris screaming from the front door.” Minseok grumbles, rubbing at the bags under his eyes, while holding the door open for Jongin, who stumbles in, his white dress shirt ed, tie undone and revealing a glimpse of smooth, golden skin.

Kyungsoo gulps and focuses on the wall in front of him.

“Oh my God Minseok that’s not how you use the word ‘literally’-” Luhan begins, only to be cut off by the exasperated Korean man.

“Shut the hell up Luhan, you teach English in a performing arts school okay that’s not even- it’s not even anything.”

“Says the idiot who teaches science!”

“I teach dance on the side too!”

Kyungsoo sighs, eyes locking with Jongin’s from across the room. The taller man puts his things down and crosses the room in strides.

“Mind helping me put this thing on, hyung?” Jongin asks, smiling sheepishly.

Kyungsoo jumps up from his spot on the couch, reaching forward to fix the buttons on the younger man’s shirt and loop his tie correctly. His throat is dry as he inhales Jongin’s scent of warm cinnamon and musk, eyes sweeping the bronzed skin, a stark contrast against white dress shirt. 

“Haven’t I taught you how to do this multiple times?” Kyungsoo asks, trying to ignore the tightness in his chest.

Jongin rubs the back of his neck and smiles down at the elder. The close proximity makes a light pink blush spread across Kyungsoo’s cheeks, and he prays Jongin is too tired at this early hour to notice.

“Sorry. I always forget.” Jongin shrugs, hooded eyes sparkling playfully.

Kyungsoo runs a hand down Jongin’s dress shirt lightly before stepping away, heart thumping unevenly. “All good.”

“Thanks, hyung.” Jongin says, and the warmth in his voice makes Kyungsoo blush even harder.

Just friends, just friends, just friends.

The first bell rings, and the teacher’s lounge is soon a bustling mess of organized chaos.

“I’ll see you at lunch!” Jongin calls as he turns on his heel and sprints out of the room. Dance is all the way across the building, and the younger man is forever disorganized.

Kyungsoo watches him go for longer than he should have, and it takes a hard clap from Baekhyun on the shoulder to shake him out of his trance.

“Let’s go Soo, theory quiz today, remember?”

Kyungsoo quickly slings his bag over his shoulder and follows his coteacher out of the room, mentally preparing himself for the day ahead.


 

The unfortunate thing about teaching dance at the far end of the building is that it takes ages to get back to the teacher’s lounge for lunch.

“I hate getting to lunch last because I honestly fear that in the time it takes us to get there, Jongdae will have blown up the microwave or something.” Jongin mutters, thinking of the time when he’d opened the door to the room and a bucket of bibimbap had spilled on him.

Jongdae had adamantly insisted that it was meant for Kris, but Jongin had smelled like egg the whole day and his hair ended up greasy. Greasy hair is the bane of his existence.

“We’re fine for today. Tomorrow you better watch out though, that’s when the big prank on Kris is taking place.”

Jongin mentally curses the fact that he’s already used up all of his sick days.

He and Sehun enter the lounge finally, and take their seats at the long table that all teachers use, across from Kyungsoo and Baekhyun and beside Chanyeol.

“-and I just don’t know what to do, Baek.”

Kyungsoo has his head buried in his hands with dismay.

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Jongin asks, immediately concerned.

Jongin flushes uncomfortably just at the thought that Kyungsoo is upset. For some reason, it always bothers him more than it should. Kyungsoo is way too sweet and too precious to be treated without respect. Kyungsoo is perfect and he should be protected and safe and happy all the time.

“It’s nothing, a bunch of my students just failed their quizzes and now I have to stay back after school to tutor some of them.”

“Oh,” Jongin breathes, immediately relieved. “You’re staying back today?”

Kyungsoo nods, eyes trained on the kimchi spaghetti in front of him. “Unfortunately.”

The tall dancer ignores the sly nudge Sehun gives to Chanyeol and continues with the conversation. “Well, I could stay back as well and keep you company.” He suggests.

Actually, it’s something along the lines of: stay in the same room as you the whole time and make sure none of the snobby kids put their filthy hands on you.

Jongin hasn’t missed some of the looks both boys and girls send Kyungsoo’s way and he doesn’t like it one bit.

It’s just one friend looking out for another, right? Kyungsoo deserved way better than some over privileged rich kid with no passion.

The bright look on the smaller boys face is enough to make Jongin’s day.

“Thanks Jonginnie!”

Jongin would do anything to hear those words over and over.

Jongin hasn’t even begun to properly articulate his “you’re welcome” when there is an obnoxious crash from the other end of the room.

“Jongdae I swear to God-” Joonmyun begins.

“It wasn’t even me this time!” Jongdae yells, waving around a carton of milk.

There’s another loud thump and then Kris bangs his way out of the supply closet, hands stained in red sharpie.

“I didn’t even notice he was gone.” Sehun mumbles.

“MY LOYAL SUBJECTS, IT IS I YOUR KING WU YI FAN. THESE HANDS OF MINE ARE STAINED WITH THE BLOOD OF CHINA’S ENEMIES.”

Yixing jumps over the table with practiced ease and brings his bento box down over Kris’s head with a sickening thud.

“We’ll uh… be in the office.” He exclaims, dragging a limp Kris by the ankle into his private room.

“Heh. Look who finally came out of the closet.”

Jongin gets up from the table, shaking his head.

He actually can’t believe he works here.


oh god hi guys this story idea has been bugging me for a long time and i had to do something

im so sorry about my bad humor this is why i am not a funny person okay

kaisoo kaisoo

sorry this is so short, by the way. the next update will probably be closer to double the size (if you want another chapter *crickets chirping)

also im pretty sure ive read all the kaisoo there is to read.  i literally can't find a (good) fic i haven't read before

no picture cuz im lazy and its a school night