The First Guy Who Took My Hand

Life As We Know It (She's An Heiress)


It had been half an hour and we were almost out of Seoul. I kept on looking outside the window. I looked at the driver when the car stopped. I wondered why we stopped and then the mind reader read my mind again.

"Traffic, Miss." Tao said as he moved closer to me and closed the distance between the two of us. I glared at him but he just shrugged. I badly wanted him to stop reading my mind.

He chuckled. "What if I don't want to?" He teased.

I raised my left eyebrow and said, "Just don't look at me or else-"

"Or else what?" he said and leaned closer towards me but not too close.

I looked pass him and laughed when I saw two girls with wide eyes inside the car that just stopped beside ours. Since the car's glass isn't tinted, the two girls saw the famous Huang Zi Tao inside the car.

Our car and the girls' car were inches away from each other because of the traffic. The two girls knocked on the window near Tao and he turned around. The girls’ eyes widened. The girl who had black hair almost fainted while the other girl who had blond hair is jumping on her seat with joy. Tao being a nice and idol, he didn't ignore them and gave them a shy smile and a small wave. The girls giggled and their faces turned red as tomatoes.

The two girls didn't really notice me sitting beside Tao since they're only focused on him. Tao faced me again as the car began to move again.

"Or else what, Miss?"

I smirked. "I'll tell the guards to leave you here and get abducted by your fangirls!"

He frowned. "You can't do that!"

"Why can't I? I'm an heiress and according to you I'm the granddaughter of Lee Soo-Man, the founder of SM Entertainment. I can do that. The guards will follow me."

"You're mean." He simply said with sad eyes. Well, it's not really that sad kind of eyes that will make you think 'Kyeopta!'. He had dark circles under his eyes and it looked more evil because he looked like a gangster or a mafia leader in a suit. I thought he was addicted to drugs or something. 

“Yes. I’m addicted but not on drugs." He replied after reading my mind again. "Why are you so mean?” 

I quickly placed my hand on his shoulder and looked at him. "Hey, Tao. I’m sorry. I didn't mean to. Just please stop reading my mind. Look… I’m sorry.” I told him. I suddenly regretted why I wasn't nice. 

And then he laughed. "BOOM!"

He laughed really hard as he clapped his hands like a retarded creature.

I crossed my arms on my chest and looked away. I pretended to look outside the window, frowning. He laughed louder and I noticed the driver giving him a weird look through the rear-view mirror and then he turned back to the road.

"HAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHA!"

After a few seconds, he stopped laughing and from the corner of my eye, I saw him pulling out his phone and opening the camera app and switched to front camera. He then grabbed my arm but not too harsh and placed his phone in front of us. He then said, "Smile, Young Miss."

I was totally confused but then smiled along with him. After taking the picture, he admired it and said, "Perfect wallpaper."

I tried to get his phone from his hands to delete the picture but he quickly extended his arm to the opposite side so I wouldn't reach it. "Yah! Delete the picture! I look ugly!"

He looked at the picture again and frowned at the phone screen. "Waeyo? You look pretty in here."

I couldn't help but smile because of what he said. It was rare to hear something like that.. "Jinjja?"

He averted his gaze from the screen and he looked at me. He shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. He nodded. "Yes, Miss. Stop being insecure. You'll be always pretty."

Though it didn't really boost up my self-confidence, I thanked him. I turned to my left and noticed that the buildings of Seoul are slowly fading and is replaced by tall trees and then the car turned right and more trees appeared.

After a few minutes, the car turned left again and outside the window I saw the half part of the tall gate which was probably twenty to thirty feet from the ground. Tao cleared his throat and said, "You're now entering the gate of EXO's house, Miss."

I expected to see more trees when the car entered the gate but then I saw a huge garden and a man-made pond made of granite stones. The water was colored green indicating that the water was deep. I also caught a glimpse of kois. It was beautiful.

The car moved straight ahead for a minute and I wondered how many hectares of land are occupied. The car finally moved in a circular motion around a huge marble fountain, an angel holding a lamp placed on top and it seems like it's looking up at the sky. Water was coming out from its other hand and it falls gently towards the small crystal pool.

The car stopped. I turned to my right as Tao opened the car door and stepped out. He stepped aside so that I could get out. When I stepped out of the luxurious car, I gaped at the large beautiful house set in the middle of nowhere towering over me.

Tao also followed my gaze to the mansion even though I knew that Tao had been seeing the view for like thousands of times. It almost intimidated me. Almost. The mansion was cream-colored that made it look so regal. The tall windows had royal cream-colored curtains so that the sunlight could get in during the day.

A few guards got out of the first and third cars and they opened the trunk of the second car and brought out my things. I tried to help them carry my things but they insisted that I should enter the house already.

Tao and I walked along the stoned path to the main door and he stabbed the doorbell. We waited. I turned to my back and noticed that my things were already placed on the stoned path behind me and the three luxury cars were already moving in a circular motion around the fountain and it all went straight ahead to the gate which was a hundred meter away from the fountain and the house's entrance.

After a few moments, a boy maybe around Tao's age opened the door with a smile plastered on his beautiful face. "Annyeong haseyo, Miss! Welcome to your new home!" he greeted, practically ignoring Huang Zi Tao standing beside me.

He motioned me inside and he and Tao grabbed my things. Three housekeepers were already standing by the beautiful staircases waiting for orders from Tao and the boy. The boy who opened the door asked the housekeepers kindly to bring my bags upstairs. They simply nodded with a smile and grabbed my things.

Tao cleared his throat and made a hand signal that he will be going upstairs to his room. The boy and I nodded and Tao left.

The boy smiled at me and bowed. "Annyeong Hashimnikka! Je ireum-eun Kim Joon Myeon imnida. But you can call me Suho-oppa!"

I bowed back and greeted, "Annyeong Hashimnikka! Je ireum-eun Lee Soo Jin imnida. But please don't call me miss. Call me Soo Jin." And I smiled. He smiled this beautiful smile that made me think that that smile was the smile that made the girls in the front row of their concerts scream and faint.

He chuckled. "Okay! The boys are just around the house though. So you're going to meet them at random places and at random times. Come on. Let's search for them."

He took my hand causing me to squirm from his grasp and our eyes meet.  I gulped and he just looked away as if it wasn't a big deal.

He was the first guy who took my hand and he was attractive. His name was Kim Joon Myeon. 

As we walked along the foyer, I took the time to wander my eyes around the interior of the big house.

The beige and white linoleum floor of the mansion glowed, obviously having been cleaned before Tao and I came. Stairs laid across the room, climbing toward the ceiling. A doorway was on either side of the room, one will admit you into the kitchen, the the other into God-knows-where. The walls were a light cream with light gold brush swipes crossing over it, creating a shimmer effect.

Overall, the place was beautiful. It was the place where I made amazing friends.


Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you.