25th Floor Oakwood

Life As We Know It (She's An Heiress)


When I got to my apartment, I placed some food inside the fridge and some inside the pantry. Some of the things that I bought that aren't foods are placed inside my bathroom and my bedroom. I went to my closet and grabbed one of the messenger bags that harabeoji bought for me. I'm one of those girls that loves messenger bags and backpacks and aren't fond of handbags and shoulder bags.I grabbed the colorblock messenger bag and brought it with me as I sit on the end of my bed.

 
I my old white messenger bag and held it upside down so that the things inside would fall on the bed. I placed my phone, wallet, small notebook, permanent marker, and folded handkerchief inside. Wait.... Handkerchief? I don't really remember placing a handkerchief inside my bag earlier. 
 
I pulled out the white handkerchief from the colorblock messenger bag and examined it. I don't really remember buying myself a plain white handkerchief. I unfolded the handkerchief and there at the bottom right part of the rectangular handkerchief is an emroidered Kim Jong In. 
 
My eyes turned O.O
 
How?
 
I was deep in thought when a flashback appeared in my mind.
 
 
Flashback

"Thank you for the handkerchief, Jong In."

"I'm not going to take it from you. Keep that."

"Why? This is yours."

He scoffed. "There's no way in hell I'm going to use that handkerchief again. I was supposed to use that to wipe my sweat later when I finish practicing the dance. I wouldn't want your mucus sticking to my body!"

I gave him the most disgusted look I could muster. I can really tell that he's trying to hold back his laugh.

"KIM JONG IN! YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE! I didn't blow my nose! And I will never blow my nose in front of someone! I have manners unlike you!"

End Flashback

 

And then I remembered myself almost throwing this handkerchief in the trashbin because I was too angry at him. 

Oh my God.

But... Oh well! At least I have a remembrance from one of the EXO boys! Let me guess. This handkerchief is given by his mother to him. Who else would want to have their names embroidered on a handkerchief especially if the owner is a boy?

I sighed and smelled it. Jong In's scent. I smiled to myself and placed his handkerchief back inside new messenger bag. I threw the old bag in the laundry basket placed near the bathroom. 

I stood up and slung the new bag on my shoulder and headed across the room to check myself in front of the mirror. I sighed and talked to myself as I look at my reflection. "So, where are you going now, huh? You could wander around Seoul. Go to Starbucks or something."

I smiled and ran towards the door and locked it. 


This is the second time when I witnessed that there are only like fifteen people inside a famous cafe. I hurried towards the counter and ordered the Starbucks drink that is introduced to me by Chanyeol. White Chocolate Cranberry Cookie. I also ordered two slices of the delicious Chocolate Mousse.

I walked towards the table for two by the window and pulled out Jong In's handkerchief. I examined it for the second time today and smiled to myself. God is really giving me some signs that I should go back and see the boys. 

I got up and placed the handkerchief on the table when my name is called by the barista. I carried my tray and went back to my seat. I moved the handkerchief to the side and placed my tray on the table. And I started eating.


Chanyeol's POV

Last night, I woke up when I heard a banging on my door. Kyungsoo bolted inside my bedroom with unwiped tears on his cheeks. I asked him what was wrong and then he told me that Soo Jin left. I felt really dizzy as if I just can't believe that Soo Jin just walked out of my life- I mean EXO's lives.

The boys and I gathered at the entertainmant room and Baekhyun and Kyungsoo told us everything especially the kiss. THE ING KISS! Byun Baekhyun just stole Soo Jin's first kiss!

My blood boiled up in anger as Baekhyun and Kyungsoo told us everything. I can also feel that the other boys wanted to rip the two into pieces especially Baekhyun because of stealing Soo Jin's first kiss. Kai and Kris almost punched the two in the faces and when Tao angrily walked towards Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, Luhan and Sehun held him back when we all realized that Tao is planning to break the two boys' bones.

And after that, we all decided to go to Seoul in the middle of the night to Mr. Lee's mansion because we thought that it is the first place that would come into Soo Jin's mind. But when we got to Mr. Lee's mansion last night, he told us that his granddaughter was there just five minutes ago and that the boys and I are too late. Mr. Lee also told us that Soo Jin didn't bother on staying in his mansion because she wanted to be independent.

The twelve of us are so desperate to search for her. It's really a great timing because this week, we're going to stay in Seoul because of everyday rehearsals. Next week is for the SM shows. Maybe... Just maybe, I could bump into her. But that's just too impossible. Seoul is a huge city. But there's nothing wrong with wishing, right?

The eleven boys are staying right now at Mr. Lee's mansion while I'm staying at my apartment at Oakwood. This apartment has a sentimental value for me because this is the first thing that I bought using my talent fee.

The time was 6:30 in the morning when a butler knocked on my door telling me that I'm finally having a floor mate or in other words a neighbor since I'm the only one occupying the 25th floor of Oakwood. The butler also told me that my new floor mate is going to arrive around eight in the morning. I told myself that I should get acquainted with the new neighbor so I decided to take a shower early and went to the 25th floor lobby to wait for the new neighbor.

Around 8:10 in the morning as I was scanning the pages of a car magazine, sitting on one of those expensive chairs near the elevator, I heard a 'ding' and the elevator opened. I placed the magazine back into the rack and prepared to greet the new floor mate but I frowned when I realized that it's Yunho and not my new neighbor.

Yunho invited me to wander around Seoul with him and since he's a close friend of mine, I agreed. When we got to Oakwood's parking lot, I saw three familiar BMW cars. Aren't those Mr. Lee's cars? 

No, Chanyeol. Those aren't his. Maybe just the same car brand and color. Almost all residents of Oakwood are living with their luxurious lives so there's a possibility that those cars are owned by one of Oakwood's residents.

I shrugged it off and I entered Yunho's Chrysler and sat on his passenger's seat. As Yunho's Chrysler moves away from Oakwood's parking space, I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket and I pulled it out. I looked at my screen and saw that I got a message from the management of Oakwood.

From: Oakwood Mngt.

Good day to you, Mr. Park! Your neighbor has arrived and is already at aparment number 245 just two doors down from yours. 

Thank you.

-Management of Oakwood

"From whom?" Yunho asked as he drives.

I turned to him as I place my phone back inside my pocket. "Uhhh... What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"That text message. From whom?"

I shrugged. "Errr... Just from the management of Oakwood. Telling me that finally I'm having a neighbor."

"Wooooooo." Yunho said in a teasing tone. "A girl?"

I shrugged again. "I don't know. They didn't mention it in the text message."

"When you figure out that it's a girl, call me and I'll teach you how to court a girl." And then he laughed loud not taking his eyes off the road.

I turned to him and gave him a dirty look. "What's up with you? I'm not going to court a girl especially if she's a stranger. I don't talk to strangers."

"Oh, really? How come you're in love with Mr. Lee's granddaughter when you only knew her for like... two days?"

I rolled my eyes at him and smiled to myself as I think of her. "Soo Jin's different."

There were a few moments of silence when Yunho said, "You know what, Chan? I don't know what she looks like but I think she has this charm inside her that make guys fall for her."

"You don't say?" i told him sarcastically.

"Dammit, I have many competitors when it comes to Soo Jin! There's Kris, the "Peter Pan", who sent her cheesy notes just for her to fall in love with him." I half-yelled making air quotes as I say the words 'Peter Pan'.

I continued, still half-yelling. "And then there's Suho hyung who really cares for her. There's also Sehun who is really quiet though almost all the time, I catch him taking glances at her. There's Tao who would surely break your bones if he find out that you have a crush on Soo Jin. There's Kai who always gain her attention just by saying offensive words to her. There's Luhan who pretended to be Peter Pan to get close to her even though it was Kris who told Soo Jin that Peter Pan is Luhan instead of him."

My empty palms turned into fist as i say, "And then there's Byun ing Baekhyun who just stole her first kiss and then there's Kyungsoo who just kissed her without her will!"

I glared and looked outside the window.

I heard Yunho sigh. "You really are in love, Park Chanyeol."

After a few minutes he said. "Hey, I'll bring you to Starbucks later. And then I'll buy you your stress reliever which is called White Chocolate Cranberry Cookie. Do not reject because if you do, I'll drag your angry to Starbucks and I will not care how embarrassing it would look like."

I spoke still looking outside the window. "Yeah. Whatever."