Independent Suri

Life As We Know It (She's An Heiress)


When we got to Seoul, I told the driver to bring me to my harabeoji's mansion. When we got to the gate, the driver rolled his window down and told my harabeojis guard about Lee Soo Man's granddaughter being inside the car. The guards quickly opened the gates and the car moved.

I looked outside the window and saw the beautiful mansion of my harabeoji. It's really different from the one he provided for EXO. Though EXO's mansion is a lot bigger than his. Maybe because harabeoji's the only one living in this house that's why EXO's is bigger. Harabeoji's mansion is inside an exclusive subdivision at Seoul and it's the only house at the subdivision that has guards. 

The car parked infront of a fountain and I got out of the car and told the driver that i'm leaving my things inside the car. I looked up and examined the exterior of the mansion. And that time I felt like I'm the luckiest girl in the world. 

I climb up the stairs that leads to the main door and knocked. A housekeeper opened the door and I heard her complain about someone visiting the master at this hour of the night. When she saw that it was me, she mumbled a sorry and bowed. She told me that harabeoji is at his study she instructed me on where to go. I nodded and walked along the foyer and when I reached the study, I felt a little nervousness but it faded when I realized that I should not be nervous because it's my harabeoji. My real harabeoji.

I smiled to myself and knocked. I heard someone say 'Come in' and I slowly opened the door. As I get in, I saw an old man sitting on one of those expensive chairs in front of a fireplace. The chair's back is facing me so I couldn't really see his face.

"Grandpa. It's me Soo Jin."

My grandfather stood up and walked with a cane in his right hand. He smiled the kindest smile and I run up to him. I really thought that he looks like a strict grandfather but I was wrong. He could be the best grandfather ever. We hugged and he rubbed my back. "My sweet Suri."

"Suri?"

"Your birthname. I never thought that this day would come. You were only two years old when I last saw you and here you are!"

I smiled and we both pull away. "I already know the reason why you're here, sweetheart."

I gave him a confused look and he just chuckled. "I only removed some of the cameras. Not really all of them."

My eyes turned O.O

"Grandpa, y-you mean... You saw... everything?"

Grandpa just smiled. And when I said 'everything' that means the kiss with Kyungsoo. I flushed in embarrassment and covered my face. "Oh, sweetheart, you don't have to be embarrassed. It's normal. You are a beautiful teenager and they're also attractive lads. I should've expected that a lot of them would have an interest in you."

I looked at him. His face fell. "Suri, I'm so sorry. I should not have told them to stay away from you. I didn't realize that it would break you."

I smiled at him slightly. "It's alright, grandpa."

He smiled again. "The housekeeper's will lead you to your bedroom. You need to rest."

"Oh. No. I mean... I came her to ask for your permission. I want to be independent and I want to live alone."

My grandfather raised an eyebrow. "Is that what you want, Suri?"

I nodded without any hesitation. 

"Okay. You can but I need to put money on your bank account. You can use your card to buy your own home at the city. Just don't forget that you have to visit your grandfather here at least twice a month, okay?"

I nodded and hugged him again. When he pulled away, he asked. "How did you get here?"

"The black BMW."

He nodded. "That car's yours already."

My face brightened. "Really? But... I don't really need to use a car everywhere I go. I could take a bus. I can also just walk because I love long walks."

"Yes. But if you need a car or if you need anything, don't forget to call me. I'll give you my calling card, sweetheart."

I nodded before he walks to his study table. He walked back to me and gave me a small rectangular paper. I slipped it inside my cross body bag. 

"I gotta go, grandpa. I'll just visit you maybe the day after tomorrow."

"Okay."

I hugged him and headed outside. I got inside the car. I figured out that it's already late so it's really hard to find an apartment. I should find a hotel and stay there for one night and maybe tomorrow I could buy an apartment. I told the driver to bring me to Shilla's.

The car is already outside the gate and as the car moves away, I saw a convoy of familiar cars. I ducked when I realized that it were the cars that lead me to the boys' mansion a few days ago. Oh, God. I hope they don't see me. God, please.

And since the car i'm in is slowly moving, I saw that the boys are divided into 4.  Suho, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun are in the first Audi car. Kai, Sehun, Luhan, and Kris are inside the second Audi. Chen, Lay, Xiumin, and Tao are inside the third car. None of them are smiling and talking. They just stared straight ahead looking really sad. Why do the car's windows aren't tinted? So that i could see their sad faces and let my conscience kill me for me to give up and go back to their mansion?

The car just passed by the BMW i'm in and I looked outside the back window and saw that the three Audi cars are getting inside the gates of my grandfather's mansion.

Please, don't tell me that the reason the boys are going to my grandfather's house is because they know that it's the only place where I could run and hide.


I really have no idea if there are any exclusive subdivision at Seoul because I don't live in Korea.

Boring chap I know. But I'll make sure that the other parts are interesting.

-Jam