Embroidered Name

Life As We Know It (She's An Heiress)


I was taking a sip of my drink when I felt a vibration from my bag. I quickly placed my drink down on the table just beside Jong In's handkerchief. I took a bite on my mousse before ping my bag and pulling out my phone. It was a text message from an unknown number. My heart beats a thousand miles per hour as I read the message.

From: Unknown Number

I will find you. I will run the streets of Seoul for you. I will search every street of Korea if I have to. I will do everything just to find you. I'm willing to lie and cheat just to find you. I will tempt you out of your hiding place and chase you until you've got no choice but to come with me to Neverland.

I will make you this promise, my Tinkerbell: You will be mine.

-Peter Pan

P.S. Believe me, my love. Luhan is not Peter Pan.

This text message from Peter is close to a death threat. And Luhan is not Peter Pan? How dare he pretend to be Peter Pan?! Seriously, these boys are playing tricks on me and I don't know who to believe anymore!

I slowly placed my phone back inside my bag and munched on the mousse hoping that the pain inside me would end. Wishing that this chocolate mousse is a memory draught that could make me forget everything if I eat it.

I looked outside the window of Starbucks and tried not to think of anything when....

"Annyeong. Can I sit with you?"

I looked up and saw a guy maybe around Suho oppa's age. I looked away from him and looked around the place. Among all the seats inside the cafe (not to mention that there are a LOT of vacant seats) he wanted to share a seat with me?

I sighed and looked down. Soo Jin, this is not the right time to be rude to a stranger. If he wants to share a seat, let him!

I looked up at him again and smiled. I nodded slightly. "Yes. Sure. You can."

He smiled and sat across from me. "I'm Yunho."

I smiled back. "Soo-"

I stopped talking when I remembered the birthname my biological parents gave me. I turned to Yunho and a confused smile was plastered on his face. I smiled to myself. "My name is Suri. Lee Suri."

He grinned. "Nice to meet you. Oh! By the way, my friend's just at the counter. Maybe we could transfer to a table-for-four and maybe get acquainted?"

I gave him a confused look this time. I'm already having this weird feeling again. It's like the feeling I felt when I met Sehun. It's like I know him but I don't know where I last saw him. 

Yunho just looked at me with a puzzled look. "Why aren't you fangirling?"

My eyes slightly dilated when I heard him say those words. I was about to open my mouth to say something when he interrupted me.

"No, it's not like that. What I meant was... Do you know who I am?"

I laughed a little and said. "Of course! You just introduced yourself a minute ago, silly." 

I stopped laughing when his face turned serious. "Are you serious? Do you live under a rock or somethi-"

"Wait. Wait. I think I know you." I said as I cut him off and leaned in across the table but not too close and examined his flawless face. Yunho. Yunho. When was the last time I heard that name?

Holy . He's Chanyeol's friend!!! Oh God. I hope I'm wrong.

"A-Are you a f-friend of Chanyeol?" I asked hoping that he would say 'Chanyeol? Who the hell is Chanyeol' or something like that. I grasp the sling of my messenger bag tightly as I waited for him to answer.

He just laughed. "Among all the questions you could ask, why that? You should've asked 'Are you Yunho of TVXQ'. But it's alright."

He's the only one laughing and I turned towards the counter. And then BOOM! Park Chanyeol is standing by the counter waiting for the barista to call his name and to get his tray. I quickly turned back to Yunho. "Errrr....Yunho. I gotta go bye!!!" I yelled in a fake jolly tone trying to hide my nervousness. I slung my bag on my left shoulder and started to ran away but then Yunho grabbed my wrist.

"Hey, wait. Why? You're not done with your food yet." He said glancing at my chocolate mousse for a few seconds. "We could transfer to a table-for-four. My friend's still at the counter waiting for our order!"

"I....uhhhh...Yunho, I still have a lot of work to do and-"

"OH! THERE HE IS!"

I turned around with my eyes wide and saw Chanyeol approaching our table with a small tray on his left hand and he's typing something on his phone using his right hand. Please, don't look this way, Chan. Please. Please. Please No. Please keep your eyes glued on your phone. Please.

I turned to Yunho and pulled my hand away from his grasp and I ran like a ninja towards the cafe's exit.

 

Chanyeol's POV

The barista called my name and handed me the small tray. I thanked him as I carry the tray and looked around the cafe in search for Yunho. I saw him talking to a brown-haired girl and chuckled. He was holding the wrist of the girl though I cannot really see the girl's reaction because her back is facing me. Is Yunho flirting with the girl? 

I was about to approach them when I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket so I placed the tray on the nearest table so that I could pull out my phone. I held the tray with one hand. It's not really a hard thing to do because the tray is round and it's small so i could easily hold it with one hand. I held the tray using my left hand and my phone on the right. I walk slowly towards the girl and Yunho not looking at the way but at my phone. I saw a text message from Kai asking me where I am and also telling me that Lee Soo Man's house is boring because the mansion doesn't have a gameroom. Well, what do you expect? Lee Soo Man is alredy 61 years old and he has no time for gaming and stuff.

I typed on my phone as I approach the table where Yunho and the girl is at.

To: Kai

I'm at Starbucks with Yunho. You could ask for Mr. Lee's permission to go here. We'll wait for you.

I pressed the 'Send' button and he quickly sent me a reply.

From: Kai

Be there in ten minutes, hyung. Chen's with me.

I looked at Yunho. I raised my eyebrow when I noticed that the girl he talked to earlier is nowhere in sight. I placed the tray on the table-for-two and saw Yunho craning his neck and is staring at the cafe's exit. Probably hoping for the girl to come back.

"Who was that?" I asked as I sit across from him. But he just ignored me. I stood up and waved my hands in front of his face causing him to snap back into reality.

He turned around and looked at me. "What?"

I sighed as I place the green straw on my drink. "I said, who was that? Were you flirting with her?"

He smiled. "She's the prettiest girl ever. I wasn't flirting with her. I was asking her if we could transfer to a table-for-four so that the three of us could get acquainted."

I simply nodded. "Oh. Speaking of table-for-four. We should really transfer. Kai is coming and Chen's with him."

He nodded and he carried the tray. I stood up and was about to leave the table when I noticed a white thing under the table. I picked it up and examined it. It's a handkerchief. Maybe it's from the girl Yunho talked to a few minutes ago. I unfolded the handkerchief and saw an embroidered name at the bottom part of the rectangular handkerchief. 

김 종 인

Kim Jong In? Woooo.... Don't tell me that the girl Yunho talked to earlier is an EXO fan and her bias is Kai. Wow. She really made a customized handkerchief with an emroidered name of Kai huh?

I laughed and grasped the handkerchief. I walked towards Yunho and sat across him at the table-for-four. I smirked at Yunho as I take a sip of my drink. "Well I guess you have no chance on her."

He gave me a confused look. "What the hell are you talking about?"

I placed the handkerchief on the center of our table and he gasped at the sight. "Hey! Is that Kai's name? How?"

I laughed. "Simple. That girl you talked to is an EXO fan and her bias is Kai. See? She even customized the handkerchief and emroidered Kai's name on it."

Yunho put on a fake heartbreak face and I laughed. I picked up the handkerchief from the table and looked at it closely. Then someone grabbed it from me.

"HEY! THAT'S MINE! WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?!"

I looked up and saw Kai. Chen said a quick 'hi' at me and Yunho before heading towards the Starbucks counter to order. I frowned at Kai. He sat beside me holding the white handkerchief.

"That's not yours, Kai. It belongs to the girl that Yunho flirted with earlier. It's obvious that that girl is an EXO fan and her bias is you so you should be grateful for that!" I said as I pat his left shoulder.

He didn't bother to smile. He just put on a serious face. "No, hyung. Seriously. My mother made this. I lost this handkerchief yesterday and I don't know where this was placed. Where did you find this? Answer me."

"I said it was from the girl Yunho talked to!" I insisted.

"From a girl?" Kai assured. He looked down and it seems like he's really deep in thought. I just let him be and started to eat my cookies. I almost dropped the cookie when Kai suddenly cursed out loud causing the other people at Starbucks to give him dirty looks but Kai didn't care.

"HOLY ! CHANYEOL, HOLY !"

And then Kai stood up quickly and ran around the table and shook Yunho's shoulder harshly causing some of Yunho's drink to spill on the ground. Yunho just gave him an annoyed look. 

"YUNHO! TELL ME! WHAT'S HER NAME! TELL ME! TELL ME!"

"Why are you so interested? She's just a girl!"

Kai angrily ran his fingers through his hair and groaned. "YUNHO, SHE'S NOT JUST A GIRL! TELL ME HER NAME! COME ON!"

What the is wrong with Kai? 

Yunho cleared his throat and stood up. "Her name's Suri. Lee Suri."

Kai's eyes widened.

"Did someone say Suri?" we heard Chen ask from behind me as he place the tray on the table.

Kai just ignored Chen and faced Yunho again. "Where did she go? Come on! Tell me!"

"KAI! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU'RE MAKING A SCENE!" I angrily said.

"I don't care if I'm making a scene! Come on, Yunho. Tell me!"

Yunho pointed at the cafe's exit and said, "She went out and then she turned to the left street."

Kai ran away and I chased after him. Also Chen and Yunho. I grabbed Kai's arm causing the four of us to stop running towards Starbuck's exit. 

"Can you please explain what exactly is happening?!"

Kai just stared at me with angry eyes and yelled, "I gave the handkerchief to Soo Jin a few days ago!"

"And Soo Jin's birthname is Lee Suri according to Lee Soo Man." Chen added.

I became dizzy for a moment and then i realized that.... The girl talking to Yunho earlier is Soo Jin. 

Yunho grabbed my shoulder. "Soo Jin and Suri are only one person?! Holy , Chan!"

Kai turned to me. "I'm going to find her first, Chanyeol, and I'm going to take her away from all of you."

My blood boiled up in anger and spat at Kai, "SOO JIN IS MINE!"

And with that Kai and I raced towards the Starbucks exit and to the left street, our necks craning and looking from here to there hoping to catch a glimpse of Lee Soo Jin.