Annyeong, Bodyguard Huang!

Life As We Know It (She's An Heiress)


I was still inside the restroom with the door open. The hormonal girls were staring at me as if I was the foulest creature in the world.

"." I heard one girl say. I turned to look at her. She was holding a huge rectangular poster of Oh Sehun.

I couldn't say that in that poster Sehun was not attractive. Girls said that even though it's a stolen picture, he would still look cute and attractive. Whether it's a goofy face or a stupid one, Sehun would still be attractive. 

He may be hot as hell, cute as a teddy, or one part angel one part perfect but he had shown me his ugly attitude.

Okay. Let's go back to the girls who just called me a slu-- Ughh! I don't even want to recall that offensive word! Just because I was in the same room as Oh Sehun (not to mention that that room is a restroom), that didn't mean that I should be called a ! 

Why would I be a if I've never had my first kiss? Why would I be a if I've never had a boyfriend? Why would I be a if I've never known the feeling of holding a guy's hand? Why would I be a if I've never had my first dance? Why would I be a if the only guy I hugged is my adoptive father who didn't care about me?

Judgmental people.

I got out of the restroom and even though the girls were staring at me in confusion (some are glaring), I walked pass them, purposely bumping onto their shoulders.

I got out of the cafe. I tightened my scarf around my neck and buttoned up my cardigan with my shirt underneath it still soaked with the caramel coffee. I decided to walk home instead of taking the bus. I did it almost every day anway so it wasn't tiring on my part.

When I got to our street after an hour and a half of walking, I noticed a hundred of people around my so-called home. Guess what was happening?

I run fast towards the group of people.

For a moment, I thought an accident happened in front of our house. That's when suddenly, 

"LEE SOO JIN-SSI! We didn't know you're a millionaire!" a neighbor said while looking at me with excited eyes. 

That was almost a miracle when Mr. Geum, our neighbor, added a -ssi after my name because he didn't really like my presence. Everybody thought I was a weirdo and anti-social. 

"Ahjussi, what are you talking about?" I asked the old man raising my left eyebrow but he didn't answer me because he already looked away from me and was already craning his neck so he could get a better view of god-knows-what that was placed in front of my house. 

"Daebak! I wanna steal those cars!" Jihoon-ssi, Mr. Geum's grandson who was three years older than me, said with amazed eyes.

I passed through the swarm of people and earned irritated groans and annoyed looks from them when they felt someone bumping onto their shoulders but their annoyed expressions faded when they realized it's me. 

If only I had time to give a round of applause to them, I already gave them. It was the first time they paid attention to me. 

I slowed down when I heard two girls, who were two years older than me, talking. It's Choi Rae Hee and Choi Hyo Ree. The Choi twins who were living in our street. They were the only people in the neighborhood that I considered nice people. Though they always claim themselves as Choi Si Won's wives just because they got the same family name as that Siwon. At first I didn't know who the hell Choi Si Won was but one time, the twins had shown me a picture of him and... Sure he was attractive. I thought he's a member of a boy group called Super Junior.

"Oh my God, Rae Hee. Look at that man wearing a black suit!"

"Hyo Ree, you idiot! Which of them?! They're all wearing black suits."

"That man in suit standing near Soo Jin's door. He looks really familiar. If only he could take his black shades off so that I could remember where I last saw him. Just look at him, Rae Hee! He should quit his job and go audition for SM or for JYP or YG. He'll surely pass. What do you think, Rae Hee?"

Her twin sister giggled. "Of course!"

The two girls continued talking about that man that I didn't know and I moved faster through the swarm of intrigued people.

When I finally reached our lot, I gasped. There was nothing really interesting about our house but what made me gasp is the line of three black luxury cars in front of the house. I thought that Appa or Eomma won a lottery or that Appa won a bet against a wealthy man. 

The man that was standing by the door saw my confused face and he smiled at me. He hurriedly walked towards me. He took off his black shades and then a mix of gasps from the people and screams of the girls followed. I was confused at first why they squealed and gasped because of a bodyguard... but then I saw how attractive the bodyguard was. 

He bowed for a long time and said, "Annyeong haseyo, Miss! Je ireum-eun Huang Zi Tao imnida. It was really nice to finally see you, miss!"

I was shocked that he knew who I was. I mean... who would pay attention to someone like me? Our neighbors and my adoptive parents' acquiantances didn't even bother to remember my name because of one thing. They hated my presence.

I was about to ask him about it when I realized that he greeted me so I should greet him too. "Annyeong haseyo! Je ireum-eun Lee Soo Jin imnida. Not to be rude or anything but what are you doing in front of my house? You know me?"

Huang Zitao-ssi chuckled. "Somebody told us that Miss Lee Soo Jin lives here. I don't really know what Miss Lee Soo Jin looks like but the other bodyguards do. I know that it's you judging by your confused face when I saw you. I know that you're the girl we've been looking for!"

I was about to open my mouth to ask him more when another bodyguard approached us. The guard spoke in a tone full of authority. "Tao, what are you doing here? This is not your job! Get back to the car. The people already recognized you."

He turned to the guard from me. "No! It's really fine. I'm alright."

That was the time I figured out Huang Zitao was not really a bodyguard. I should've known sooner. He was too skinny to be a bodyguard and he was too attractive. 

As if he was reading my mind, he said. "Thank you for thinking that I'm attractive! That's the best compliment I've ever received from a pretty girl. I may be skinny but I'm good at martial arts. I'm not really a bodyguard but when I heard that they've found SM Entertainment's heiress, I snuck out and went with them. Miss, if you'd love to hire a personal bodyguard, you can count on me!"

"Tao, that's enough! Get back to the car!"

"No. Honestly, ahjussi. I'm alright!"

"Don't be stubborn, Huang Zi Tao. Just listen to me and get back to the ca--"

The guard stopped talking when I ran towards the house's front door. They followed me and when I got to the living room, the first things I saw are two duffel bags and two huge suitcases. On the top of one of the suitcases was a folded note. I walked closer and picked up the note with a trembling hand. I slowly unfolded it and expected for the worst.

 

To our dearest Soo Jin,

Your Appa and I are really sorry for not treating you as a part of the family. But, Soo Jin, we loved you. Now that your grandfather have found you, you should be thankful because you'll get to know the feeling of being loved. Your Appa and I are going back to Daejeon. Your grandfather is a billionaire and if you go with him, you'll have a better future. We hope you'll be happy with your new family, Soo Jin.

Love,

Appa and Eomma

 

I stared at the piece of paper and felt someone's thumb gently touching my cheek. Then I realized I was crying. I even wondered why I was crying when I should be happy instead. I should've been happy because I could finally get away from the life of a voluntary orphan whose adoptive parents didn't notice her existence. I could finally see my biological family.

I crumpled the note and threw it across the living room. I saw two guards taking my suitcases and duffel bags and they went outside. Tao placed his hand on my left shoulder and I faced him.

"Are you going to bring me to my real family?" I asked him with teary eyes.

A single tear rolled down my cheek again and he quickly wiped it with his thumb. "No, Miss. You're going to see your grandfather on your 18th birthday which is two months from now. In the meantime, you're going to stay with us."

I found it weird at first because nobody wanted to stay where bodyguards are. Just imagine numerous pairs of eyes watching your every move and following you wherever you go. 

And as if he was reading my mind again, he said. "No. No. Not at the bodyguards' house but at the mansion your grandfather  temporarily provided for EXO."

The word 'Exo' sounded really familiar and I wondered when was the last time I heard that word. 

I gave him the what-the-hell-is-EXO look and he shot me the are-you-serious look.

And then it clicked! It was the group where the brat that I met at the coffee shop's restroom earlier was in. 

I was still trying to process everything inside my head when I felt his hand on my back as he guided me towards the house's exit. When we got outside, Zi Tao and I walked towards the line of luxury cars and I wondered where the people earlier went and the bodyguards. The street was already empty.

"The guards are already inside the first and third cars. Your things are inside the second car's trunk. So... Let's go?"

I slowly nodded and he opened the door of the second car for me to get inside.

He followed me. "You might be wondering why I can easily determine what's inside your mind. Well, simple. You're an open book." He said before getting in and closing the door. 

Tao sat beside me. I looked straight ahead but figured out that I'll just get bored since I'll only see the back part of the first car.

We started moving away. I turned to my left to get a one last glance of my former house and then it disappeared. I looked at the neighborhood and saw the confused faces of my neighbors from their windows watching the three luxury cars pass by.


Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you.