Chapter Five

Thistle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber followed her friend onto the plane in a state of shock. She still couldn't believe that LuHan had done such a drastic thing as to come back to the States with her; he had already enrolled in a university in China and had his living situation all sorted. As they took their seats in the huge jet, Amber cast a sideways glance at LuHan, calculating what to say. He caught her looking, though, and shot a bright though nervous smile at her. "What?" He asked laughingly, and she shook her head in disbelief.

"What are you doing? Are you an idiot? Have you lost your mind?" She asked; not the most tactful but if she was going to convince him to stay in China and live his life as he planned, she had to do it before the plane left the airport. "You have everything here! Life, friends, family, plans... what's in the States? You won't be able to go to any college unless you go to a community one, and have you even thought of where you;ll live? Or the fact that you aren't fluent in English? What possessed you?" She sighed and buried her head in her hands, trying to think of any way to convince him. "Why in the world would you want to go the the US?"

"You."

His quiet but steady answer made her breath catch and her whole body freeze, and she slowly raised her head to look at him. "What?"

He raised an eyebrow at her as if to ask if she were deaf, but he said it again with a smile. "You are my reason for going."

The plane lurched as it started to pull away from the port, and Amber frantically looked arond for a flight attendant. "We have to get you off this plane! You can't just drop everything and go somewhere because you feel sorry for me! I can take care of myself, and you have a bright future ahead of you here in China. You have to get off this plane!"

A hand wrapped around her wrist and the gentle grip drew her attention back to the boy beside her. His face was perfectly calm and collected, though she could see that a glint of nervousness shone in his eyes despite the smile on his face. "Amber. Relax. I am not going because I feel sorry for you, I am going because I don't want to lose you. I LIKE you, Amber Liu. That simple. In fact, truthfully, I love you. And I am not getting off this plane and I am going to the States with you."

Amber shut her gaping mouth, unsure of what else to say. Obviously he had gone insane in the last 24 hours; there was no way someone as beautiful as he was attracted to her. "You're mad," she whispered, still staring at him, and he just laughed and nodded his head in agreement. 

"Probably," he said, "but mad about you would be more accurate." As he settled back into his seat to play with his ridiculous Rubik's Cube, Amber felt the fight between hope and fear begin once again inside of her. She wasn't sure what to do or say anymore, and so as soon as they were airborne and allowed to walk around she took off her seat belt and went to the washroom.

Splashing cool water on her face helped a lot to calm her thoughts, though she still felt as if her mind had gone through a clothes dryer. Staring into the mirror she tried her best to see what LuHan might see in her. Clear, tanned skin, full lips, large eyes, all set in a square shaped face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter