An End, Of Sorts

Count to Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekho clicked the lock button on his key as he walked away, smiling at the cheerful beep the sports car gave. He'd just bought it, two seater, and he wanted to show it off. He'd had the day off and decided to spend some of the excess funds he had accumulated. Now he wanted to take Ren on a ride in his kind of baby. 

He was happily walking across the street when he stopped. Froze. There in the middle of the street. Right there. He hopped aside as a horn blared and a car raced past, but that didn't eliminate what he had seen. Ren. 

Pressed tight against a slim, caramel hair colored boy, right in front of the entrance to his apartment. Pink lips against ones that weren't his. Baekho saw red. He was about to storm over and rip them apart when a bus roared past and he narrowly avoided death for the second time that night.

By the time the bus had passed Ren and his companion had disappeared inside. Baekho wavered a moment, considering his options, before turning on his heel and stalking back to his car. He felt tears of anger blur his eyes as he snapped his seatbelt over his chest. He heard the engine purr to life but he felt no satisfaction at the sound now. He zoomed onto the road, driving as fast as was legally allowed, only aware of anything that could possibly kill him or someone else. Otherwise his mind was focused completely on what he had just born witness to. 

Ren. He was supposed to be getting better. Baekho had been willing to help, but this? This was ripping his heart out. This was just cruelty. 

Was that the boy Ren was dating now? Ren had said he would never forgive him. Was this his revenge? Why? What had he done wrong? He whacked his steering wheel in rage as he sat in the parking building. He sat there in the dark, head defeatedly laying against the wheel. 

Well. He wasn't going to stand for this. Part of him begged for it to not be true, despite the alarming evidence to the contrary. He wouldn't be able to take a betrayal like this. He felt it went fairly unstated that cheating would not be acceptable. 

Finally he left the parking garage for his apartment, convincing himself that there was a chance it wouldn't be true. He would call in the morning and ask for an explanation. Ren would surely, would have to have, a plausible excuse, alibi, anything. He would have to. 

~~~

"Yoboseyo?" whispered a tired, clearly not entirely lucid voice, over the phone. 

"Ren?" Baekho snapped, irritated from an entirely sleepless night and the constant preying of his mind upon how this very conversation would go. 

"Baekho?" Ren sounded confused, and quite a bit hungover and Baekho was about to reply when he heard the rustling of covers and the sleep filled voice of a stranger,

"It's too early, who are you talking to?" Someone moaned and Baekho heard Ren's quick intake of breath over the phone,

"Baekho," Ren sounded now fully awake and alarmed, "It isn't what you think-"

"Who's that? Your boyfriend?" The unnamed stranger giggled and Baekho could hear more rustling of sheets and suddenly another's breath could be heard.

"N-no," Ren stuttered and Baekho lost it then,

"What?!" He yelled into the phone and Ren yelped at the pain that must have rushed through his head at the loud sound, but Baekho no longer cared,

"Ah! That's not what I meant-"

"Save it, Ren, I've learned all I need to. We're through." 

"NO-" Baekho tapped the end call, Ren's last cry shut off. 

He let the phone drop onto the couch before he fell sideways, empty. Had Baekho really been that blind? He had noticed that Ren had changed from the instant they had first met each other again. Was this Ren's revenge? Was this his way of fulfilling his promise that he would never ever forgive him? Was that all this had been? A game? A magnificent setup by a magnificent boy? 

It all made sense now. That boy was probably Ren's real boyfriend - no wonder he had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter