Highest Point

Count to Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ren wandered into work the next day in a daze. Coming back to this familiar setting had him crashing back to reality. How could he have promised Baekho such a thing? And how could he have believed Baekho? It just…wasn’t possible for him to be loved. He had long ago accepted that. Why was he torturing himself again? Was he really that much of a masochist that he purposely looked for ways to make his future self miserable?

Because unlike everyone else, Ren believed in the value of promises. He would keep his, that way he could go to the grave knowing that he was a good person in a world full of evil. He sighed as he dropped his messenger bag at the foot of his desk and glanced through the different tasks for the day ahead. He tried to relax, trying to think back to the day before and how peaceful and happy he had been. That morning had just been awkward, waking up in Baekho’s arms and having to dash real quick to get dressed, hardly having time to give each other a kiss goodbye as they both headed to the same workplace by different means.

Ren hurried to select the pictures from the photo shoot he hadn’t managed to do in the past day or so. It was a rather easy process, he just chose the ones in which Kai and Baekho were furthest apart, and in which Baekho was better featured. Perhaps his boss shouldn’t have given him this task, he was just bound to be biased. But then, their boss wasn’t supposed to know about their relationship, though they had been so darned obvious about anyways.

Ren took a moment after emailing the choices to the boss and head promoter for the company, to take a deep breath. Only to have this relative peace disturbed by Minhyun plopping himself down next to Ren,

“Soooo….what’s up with you and Baekho?” he asked excitedly, and Ren quietly thought to himself that if Minhyun didn’t think he was gay, he was deluding himself. The tendency to gossip alone spoke volumes.

“What do you mean?” he replied emotionlessly.

“You so have something going on, what was that kiss yesterday? And not coming in to work?” Minhyun nudged him with his shoulder, “Come on! Spill!”

“He’s my ex. Not even an ex, just some guy from college where we spent an hour or so with each other, what more do you want?”
“But that’s not all it is now, right?” Minhyun wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and Ren snorted,
“Fine, fine, here, we’re engaged, getting married in Paris in a three day wedding spectacular, and I’m carrying his child. Do you need anything more?” Minhyun blinked,

“Seriously?” Ren whacked him over the head,

“No, pabo! We have no relationship. None whatsoever!”

“Methinks the lady doth protest too much,” came a deeper voice from the front of the room and Ren glance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter