Own Little World, Own Little Rules

Count to Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ren hummed a soft tune as he drooled over the newest photos of his boyfriend. All he had to do was slide a hand over the offending façade of Kai, and it was perfection. Blond hair falling messily over his eyes as he posed in the swim trunks – and much like anyone looking through the magazine, he was sure, he would have much preferred the picture without the bothersome clothing. Of course, Ren was one of the select and lucky few to have already seen such a sight, and Ren knew first hand that his lower half was just as magnificent as the rest of him. He wondered, briefly, when he had started being a fanboy about his own boyfriend's body. He supposed it had to be natural...

 

“Enjoying yourself?” someone murmured in his ear and Ren jumped, whacking the real life version of his beloved magazine picture.

 

“Don’t do that!” he whined, but was torn from his chastising by the sudden chorus of “Awww!”’s coming from a small crowd of people surrounding someone. Ren, suitably curious, wandered over to find out just what made people willing to risk their job by putting off work for coo-ings. If you hadn’t realized before, the boss was pretty trigger happy when it came to firing people. Ren pushed by to see Minhyun surrounded, bouncing his baby Mira who giggled with delight. And Ren quickly assimilated into the crowd, one of the many doting masses.

 

Finally it was his turn to hold the baby, who squeaked with joy and proceeded to embed her fingers in his hair, tugging. With a laugh he quickly untangled her, snuggling the little bundle in his arms, “Why is she here with you?” he asked distractedly as he scrunched up his nose, much to baby Mira’s amusement.

 

“Crystal and I are getting a divorce,” Minhyun said off handedly, not looking at all concerned, “Since we’re separated at the moment, we’ve agreed to fifty percent custody each. I know she’s doing this because she thinks I can’t handle a baby at work. Really it’s hardly any extra effort at all, already I’ve had a dozen offers to watch her while I’m doing things. It’s what comes from my cute genes,” he laughed and Ren frowned, but found he wasn’t nearly as upset as he expected that Minhyun had thrown away the only reason they weren’t together, once again.

 

He turned, a wide smile plastered to his face, and expression was sure hadn’t been there in a very long time, searching for Baekho. He found him, at the very back of the crowd, looking extraordinarily out  of place. Ren skipped forward, holding out Mira, practically ing the baby into his not-so-encouraging arms.

“Isn’t she just perfect!” he gushed, not noticing Baekho’s expression, “I’ve always wanted one,” he blurted out, “She’s soooo cute.” And that was when he noticed just how uncomfortable Baekho was. His discomfort was even traveling to the ever-delightful Mira, who squirmed unhappily in his arms, mewling. If Ren didn’t know better, he would have though Baekho’s expression was one of…disgust.

 

“You don’t like her?” Ren asked suddenly, all cheerfulness gone as if it had never been. Baekho struggled to find the correct way to hold the writhing creature properly,

 

“Well, it’s just…” Baekho had managed to wrap the blanket around her and his hand, and apparently that was just too close for the both of them, and she began to wail, “I’m not really a fan of children,” he muttered in distress and Ren instantly snatched back the crying baby, much to everyone’s relief,

 

“You and I are never going to work out,” Ren stated, irate, properly tying Mira’s wrappings about her, calming her, and returning her to Minhyun,

 

“What?” Baekho gasped in disbelief,

 

“It’s something I will never be willing to compromise on. Thank you for the last few days, but it’s never going to happen,” and with that, Ren turned and disappeared into the crowd, heart squeezing painfully. He knew it was too good to be true. How could he have even begun to picture a happy life with Baekho? Two or three children, it wasn’t asking much, but if someone wasn’t a ‘fan’ of children…and Ren would never put up with a distant father in a husband. His own father had hardly paid any attention, and though Ren knew it stemmed from not knowing what to do, Ren had never had that Father-Son kind of relationship.

 

He had gotten his hopes up, and  Ren accepted the fact, it was, after all, so typical of him.

 

~

 

“Where the hell did he go?!” Baekho asked frantically of Minhyun, who had hurried along behind him, baby in hand, to help him find the dramatic, over emotional beauty. The blond had vanished as though into thin air. Baekho had always noticed the boy walked fast, but this was just insane! How could one skinny jean clad fairly small man take off so damned fast?! “He’s being so unreasonable!” Baekho fumed,

 

“No he’s not,” Minhyun informed as he trotted  after him, “Actually, I think one of the more important things in a relationship is compatibility over children –“

 

“And you are basing this o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter