제 3 장

한 여자의 이야기 (One Woman's Story)

I woke up the next morning hoping I would be back in the present; however, I was still my teenage self. I sobbed silently, got dressed, and went to school. I sat in my desk and immediately lied my head down. Sunggyu greeted me, but I ignored him. He frowned and sat next to me. "Hey, what's wrong?" He thought for a moment. "Was it about yesterday?" Without lifting my head from the desk, I shook my head in denial. He sighed with relief. "Hey.. Come here." He pulled me in for a hug, though I rejected it, he still brought me into his embrace. 

 

What was wrong with her? Does she know already? I mentally shrugged it off. Of course not. She's always confused, thank God. "Hey, Hyorin.." I spoke into her ear. "Let's go do something after school, okay?" She nodded her head slowly. I guess she didn't get very much sleep last night. I hugged her tighter. I'll let her sleep until class starts. I her hair gently as she drifted away. I almost fell asleep myself. It was almost time for class, so I would have to wake her up. I looked down at her; at her perfectly parted lips. I gulped nervously. I leaned down and left a soft peck on her lips. I smiled. It was nice. I wanted to do it again, so I kissed her lips once more. I felt giddy, but I was in school. I had to be a full-time student. I sighed and placed my hand on her arm to wake her. "Hyorin-ah.. It's time for class." I would hope she didn't realise I kissed her.. twice. She slowly aroused and rubbed her eyes. Even though she doesn't wear makeup and she's sleepy, she still looks, "Beautiful," I thought aloud. "What?" she blurted, half-asleep. "Uh.." I started to speak in what little English I knew, "Beautiful the sky is sunny." I nodded hoping she bought it. "It's too early in the morning for English.." She swatted her hand and leaned back in her chair. "Geez.. What time did you go to bed?" 

 

After school, Hyorin seemed a bit more awake. I held her hand in mine as we walked out of the school and to the tea shop that we visit every month. "White chocolate, right?" She nodded, "Mhm!" I gave her the tea and I sipped mine. She was really cute when she was eating. She said she doesn't like to eat in front of guys, but she seems comfortable around me at least. She obviously didn't notice the cream she left on her upper lip. I chuckled and wiped it off for her with a napkin. She blushed pink. I laughed lightheartedly. It was kinda cute. "Hyo, do the little song that we made up in kindergarten." She glared at me. "You still remember that?" I grinned. "Of course. Don't you?" She mumbled and started doing the hand motions and sang in a cute tone. "1독하기 1은.. 귀여미~" I clapped my hands. "You are very 귀여미." She hit me, but I didn't care. 

 

I walked her home. As we stood on the porch once again, the street lights lit up. Looked to her and smiled. "You know what happens after the street lights turn on?" I turned toward her front yard. "Come here." I took her hand and walked into the front yard. "Fireflies." Several of them glew around us. I felt really cheesy, but it was pretty. "I.. uhm.. Goodn-" she spoke timidly, but I cut her off. "Goodnight? The sky hasn't even fully darkened yet." I let out a soft chuckle as I lifted my hand to caress her cheek. "You've been acting strangely lately.." she trailed off. I shrugged. "Don't I always act strangely?" She nodded. There was an awkward silence. I comtemplated whether or not to say exactly what I wanted to say. I coughed. "Are you sick?" she seemed concerned. "Beautiful." She looked at me weirdly. "Wha-" I rubbed my nape. "I said you are beautiful."


Sunggyu's POV? There's a first time for everything! \o/ LOL So is it good so far? Just wait until you see when.. Wait. I can't tell you. XD <3