제 2 장

한 여자의 이야기 (One Woman's Story)

I sat up from my bed, resting my back against my headboard. My room seemed.. different. I rubbed my eyes realising I had actually removed my makeup for once. I swung my legs to the side of my bed and looked at the fuzzy rabbit slippers. Then it came to me. "Hyojung-ah!" my mother called, "Get ready for school!" Are you ing kidding me? "Is this a dream? I have to be dreaming, right?" I clapped my hands and slapped my cheeks, yet I still did not wake from this terrorising nightmare. "NOOOOO!" I screeched. I could hear my mother pull the wooden spoon out of the drawer. ".." I cursed. I ran for my closet, though it seemed to be my regular hiding spot. My mother opened the door and whipped me with the spoon. Aish.. Why couldn't I have just shut up? I apologised to my mother, telling her I wasn't screaming 'no' to her, but to myself. She just told me to hurry, otherwise I would be late. I dressed myself in my school uniform, slipped my iPod in my pocket, and slung my back pack over my shoulders. "Don't be late," my mother passed me a slice of toast. "Yes, umma." I slipped my shoes on and headed toward the school. I'm surprised I still knew the way. 

 

I sat in my desk and listened to the new group that just debuted. It was DBSK with their first single Mirotic. I was so into them, I knew their names already. Though my bias is Jaejoong. I grinned to myself as I bobbed my head to the beat. Just then, someone walked in front of my desk. He leaned in so his face was close to mine. His eyebrows were raised and he smiled especially wide this morning. "Good morning, Hyojung-ah!" I tried not to smile back at him. I acted coldly since he didn't like me to act sweet to him. "Yah!" I stood up and pointed to my iPod, "Why can't you be like Jaejoong oppa? Huh?" I grinned and laughed as I already knew what was coming next. I didn't even have to look at him for me to know that he was glaring at me. "What's so great about Jaejoong, huh? So what if he can sing? I can do that too." I looked in his left hand. He had a notebook that was titled Song Writing. It caught my eye, but I pretended not to see it. "Yeah, yeah. You can sing, but do you have a six pack?" I taunted him. He opened his mouth to speak. "Yah! I-" He stopped as soon as I reached for the notebook and stood on the chair. "What's this?" I laughed. He seemed upset. "Yah! Do you want to die?!" He started reaching for the notebook, but he couldn't reach it. I stood up on my desk and started flipping through his notebook. His lyrics were good. I smiled and skimmed through the book. Until I found something unusual. "Who's Kim Hyorin? It sounds like my name, except for the -rin part.." He quickly jumped up and fumbled down once he got the notebook. This also brought me down too. He fell fowards and I fell backwards. He pulled my head into his chest, and as soon as we crashed to the floor, my head was cushioned by his hand. He gritted his teeth, but he showed no pain. My eyes were shut tight as I thought I had surely died. "괜찮아?" he whispered to me, stammering. "Yeah.. 당신은요..?" He looked down and met my gaze once again. "I'll be alright.." Luckily, no one was in the classroom. Otherwise, we'd get scolded for sure. I took a glance at his lips, as they were so close to mine. If I just leaned forward then.. I leaned in little by little, milimetres away. My lips barely grazed his before he pulled himself up and held his other hand out to me. I sighed mentally. I took his hand and he pulled me up. Did he know what I was doing? It's that Hyorin girl he likes, isn't it? I looked down, upset with what I could tell was the reasoning. He was rubbing his hand as if he was in pain. "I thought you said you were alright!" I scolded him. "I am!" His hand was starting to swell and become red. "I'm taking you to the infirmary," I yanked him by his other arm all the way to the nurse. 

 

"Ugh.. You're like my mom.." he whined as we walked in. The nurse looked up from her piles of paper work and greeted us at the door. "Hello, what seemed to be the problem?" Sunggyu was stubborn, so I pulled his hand forward to show the nurse. "Oh. What happened?" Sunggyu opened his mouth to speak, probably a lie, so I spoke up. "We fell and I landed on his hand," I nodded. The nurse wrote down some things on her clipboard and nodded. "Uhm.. Excuse me," she called for my attention, "Are you his sister?" I shook my head in denial. "Then you must be his girlfriend, right? If not, then you'll have to leave." I was about to turn to leave when Gyu pulled me by my waist, "She's my girlfriend. We've been together for two years now!" I looked at him and gave him a what-the- look. "Ah, yes," the nurse smiled, "Just one moment." We nodded as she left. "Yah!" I yelled at him. He stumbled and I hit him. "We're you asleep for two years?!" He scoffed, "I just didn't want you to leave is all." I scowled and rolled my eyes. "You are Kim Hyorin." I blinked, "What?" He shook his head, "Nothing. You should've heard me the first time, stupid." I scoffed and crossed my arms. "Whatever, gramps."

 

Everyday after that, we had to hold hands whenever the nurse was around, so we just decided to hold hands all the time. He walked me home that day. "Are you okay with holding hands? I know how girls can be," he stuck his tongue out to me. "Pfft. Of course I'm fine with it. What's holding hands between two friends?" I scoffed. He clicked his tongue. "It means a lot, you know. Even to us guys." I laughed, "I doubt that."  He smiled and shook his head. "Hyor- Hyojung." I turned toward him, "Hm?" He looked up to the sky and exhaled. "Can you sing a song for me?" I blinked, "I thought you said I sound like a woman in labour when I sing." He shrugged, "You do, but I want to hear your voice." What is wrong with him today? Did he hit his head too? "Uhm.. Okay." I started to sing a sweet tuned song and he grinned.

 

We finally made it to my porch and we said our goodbyes. Before he left, he placed his hands on my shoulders and grinned. "I want you to sing again for me sometime, okay?" I nodded, though still confused. "Okay." He leaned forward as if he was going to kiss me. I tucked my chin in and shut my eyes tightly. He pulled my bangs from my face and pressed his lips against my forehead. I blushed, and he laughed. "Bye, Hyorin," he spoke softly. I waved my hand slowly. I quickly ran inside and locked the door. My sister whined at me, "Mom said we're not supposed to lock the door!" I stuck my tongue out at her as I looked through the peep hole in our front door. I think he left, but then I saw him pacing past the front door over and over again. I couldn't quite hear him, but I could make out some of the words. "..She's so stupid.." I frowned and walked upstairs to my room. "Why the hell was he calling me Hyorin for?" I sighed and ploped on my bed and went to rest.


Hai guise~ cx Is it like a flashback? Or was she put back in the past? Who knows? Keep reading and commenting! I love getting feedback from all of you! I read every. single. comment. I love all of my subscribers! Please continue to support me! <3