제 4 장

한 여자의 이야기 (One Woman's Story)

I blinked nervously as it seemed as if Sunggyu has confessed to me. "Stop lying," I played it off. I slapped his hand away lightly. "What do you mean? I wasn't lying!" He hugged me from behind. "Hyorin, I love you." I started to breathe heavily and shot up from my bed. I coughed hard and gulped down the water I had sitting on my nightstand. "So.. It was a dream..." I scratched my head and took my pillow to my face. I screamed for a few seconds and sighed. "I love you," I repeated as it echoed through the empty sound again and again. 

 

Bora walked into my room since she was looking for me. "Hyo?" She looked underneath my covers, but found nothing. She looked down only to discover a sock-dressed foot that happened to belong to me. "Aha," she celebrated. She lifted the skirt from my bed to see me hugging my knees. "Hyo.. Are you okay..?"

 

Only minutes later, Bora was on the phone. "What?" She seemed to have some quiver in her voice, "It's Hyorin. She said she won't move or talk to anyone but you. She's under her bed, Gyu." He coughed on the other line as if he was drinking something. He was with Hara. "..I'll be right there." He was about to hang up when a thought came to his mind. "Wait.." Bora blinked, surprised, "Yeah?" He coughed nerously, "She didn't.. you know.. hurt herself, did she?" She smiled, "Not that I know of." Without wasting a moment more, he hung up and rushed over to the dorm.

 

"You didn't bring Hara?" Soyu asked a little too curiously. Sunggyu looked at Soyu then to Henry. "No.. I didn't." Everyone in the room could feel the tension between the two men. "That's enough. Can't you see the reason we are all here like this is because the people that Hyorin love, don't see the pain she's in?!" Bora glared at both Henry and Sunggyu. "Stop it. This isn't a contest." She motioned for Gyu to come to the bedside. The same bedside of which he had stolen several kisses from Hyorin—the one where they knew their true demeanourshas it all vanished? Gyu sighed. "Hyo.. You know you can tell me everything. Even if I don't want to hear it, I always listen anyways. Please don't be sad.." He spoke, but it was never above a whisper. You could literally feel the violent aura coming from Henry. Dasom put a hand on his shoulder, signalling him to stop. He did calm down momentarilly. Sunggyu held his hand out to me. I wanted to take it. I wanted to hug him. I wanted to be held in his arms oh so tightly. However, it wasn't possible. He has that beautiful girl Hara. I have Henry who loves me so dearly. "How can I get out of this mess?" I thought aloud, almost inaudible. "You can start by letting me help you get out from under there." Sunggyu smiled softly. I had almost forgotten what his smile looked like. I argued with myself whether or not I take his hand. "I.. I-" I stammered. He became extremely impulsive as I couldn't complete any of my sentences. 

 

She just started stuttering. I didn't know what else to do.. I didn't wait for her to take my hand. I reached for her and pulled her out as quickly as I could. She shook violently and couldn't stand. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Henry try to step up to help. He must've remembered I was here since he backed down soon afterwards. "Hyo.." I held her wrists tightly in an effort to stop the shaking, though it was of no use. "Hyo," I said more firmly this time. She avoided my gaze. "HYO! STOP IT GODDAMN IT!" I became furious. I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. Tears streaked her hot cheeks—and it was all my fault. "Hyo.. I'm sorry. I.." Half way through my sentence, she looked at me with those big brown eyes of hers. They glittered as they were drenched in water of sorrow and distain. For a moment, I forgot about everyone in the room. I forgot about Henry. I forgot about Hara. It was just her and I in this world. "Hyorin, I.." Bora cleared and brought me back to my senses. "I care about you a lot. Don't make everyone that loves you worry like this again.." I let her go as I stormed out furiously. 

 


IM SO SORRY FOR UPDATING SO LATE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. ;;