Chapter 2

Getting Your Attention (EDITING CURRENTLY)

 

CHAPTER 2

 

YOONA POV

 

                Another morning has come again. Last night I think about him, I bet she’s happy with her girlfriend. I didn’t understand him, he already had a girlfriend but why he’s still flirting with another woman? Is he crazy? Or just a playboy actually.. Aish, enough thinking about him. You don’t want to be one of his toys right Yoona? Stop daydreaming and thinking about him. He’s just your best friend and don’t expect too much more about your relationship between him.

 

                I got up from my bed, wash my face, brushed my teeth. I already ate my breakfast. I prepared my things in work and done, I’m ready to go. I take a walk besides it is still morning. I want to strengthen up my muscles and earn energy for later. I bet it will nerve-cracking job again and that Jonghyun will gone again with his new toy. Hmmp. Why Jonghyun entered my mind? Nevermind.

 

                As I reach the shop, luckily I came in time, kekeke. I entered the locker room and changed into our uniform. As I finished I entered the baking room and started to mix some ingredients to make a delicious breads, muffins and cookies. Every time I mashed the flour, one person crept into my mind. It was my best friend Lee Jonghyun. I wonder what ha doing now, because he was a latecomer. I glanced at my surrounding but he’s not there. Why am I thinking about him again? And this time I’m trying to find him. Aish pPabo thought of mine. I sighed and just continued working.

 

                I finished baking the breads and muffins. I’m now placing it to the menu set in the shop. And finally Sulli is already here. “Annyeong unnie, guess what? I’m accepted here!” she jumps towards me and I gave her a hug. She’s really shouting for joy and I joined her kekeke. “Congratulations Sulli-ah, welcome to the group, kekeke” I said while still enjoying the happiness. “Gomawo unnie, now I want to start now, kekeke, talk you later,” Sulli excused herself. What a cute girl.

 

                As I continue working a familiar voice is filling up the air. He hums a sweet melody that made the girl’s heart melt like an ice from the hottest desert. I know that it was Jonghyun’s. “Yah, good morning Yoong,” he greeted me revealing his heart-melting dimple smile. “Yah, what morning? It’s already 10 o’clock in the morning it’s already noontime, aish,” I said and glared to him as a friendly stare. “It’s still morning, you know. I just woke up so I’m late. We reach almost midnight dating with HyuNa. Mian.” He apologized. “Pfft, even though you’re late or whatever you’ll not be kicked out not just like us, so we go here very early and take note I already finished baking you’re work is next. You’ll make pastries and cakes. Okay? Now, I will take a break while watching you working,” I ordered and eyed him a deathly look and I giggled because I know I’ll destruct him at his work, kekeke.

 

                I didn’t made my plan to destruct him because his grandpa or our boss is there watching actively. I didn’t want to be scold. So I just stood at the corner watching him seriously and praising his god-given handsomeness. Whoa, what am I thinking?

 

                When the sun settled down his job was done. When I courage myself to approach him, I found him talking with Sulli. I am curious on what they are talking about, so I hid in the wall and place my right ear into it eavesdropping them.

 

                “You know Sulli, you’re so cute, kekeke,” I heard Jonghyun. “Oppa, you’ve complimented me so much.” Sulli replied giggling. I bet Sulli is blushing hard now and I think she likes my Jongie. WHAT? My Jongie?  Erase, erase! I am trying to forget him, but I think I can’t. I shook my head in my stupid thought and continued eavesdropping. “Where do you take your lunch later?  I know somewhere nice and cheap restaurant, can you come with me later?” Jonghyun said. Aish he’s trying to hook up and play Sulli’s feeling huh. “Jinjja? Neh, I love to, but your treat oppa?” Sulli answered joyfully. WHAT! She accepted Jonghyun;s offer, No, no, no. why Sulli? I am so shocked! Now I am definitely sure that Sulli head over heels in love with my best friend. I sighed. Jonghyun didn’t do that to me in my whole life. He didn’t ask me to accompany me to a dinner, but in other girls he surely did without hesitation. I think I’m just a plain person into him, I’m not that important. I confess, I am very jealous in all the girls he asked for a date. I can’t control my heart anymore and I didn’t notice that a teardrop drops down from my eyes and I decided to leave just to calm down this stupid feeling that I have into him and what I am feeling right now.

 

                I ran into the restroom and calm myself. I straight to the counter and arranged the stocks even if it is well-arranged. I just want to do something just to forget all about this. And there they are leaving now. Jonghyun encircled his right hand unto Sulli’s waist and Sulli is blushing hard. Sulli waved her hands to say goodbye to me while Jonghyun just winked at me. Nice move Lee Jonghyun! I thought with a sarcastic laugh but it still hurts.

 

SAME DAY 8PM, STILL AT THE BAKESHOP

 

                “Neh hyung, just put them at the table and I’ll do the rest,” Yoona said enthusiastically. Her mood is back in normal. She’s back at the corner and served her newly-baked cookies. She started to repack those five in one. She finished it just in 30 minutes and she take a rest at the customers tables.

 

                “What a tiring day, whew, I think I gotta get my supper now. I’m already craving for foods.” She said herself smiling like a fool. She got up and get her things but a familiar girl came out from nowhere and approach Yoona. “Yah Yoona-yah,” HyuNa called Yoona. Yoona’s face became unconscious and nervous. “Annyeong, HyunA-ssi, Jonghyun is not around here, just come back tomorrow,” Yoona said faking a smile and doing some awkward postures. “Ah, don’t worry Yoona-chingu, I know that my Jonghyun is busy right now. Then, if he’s not here, let’s have a dinner,” HyunA said with a smile. ‘If this girl knew that he’s doing something strange. I’m sure he’s dead’ Yoona said into her mind.

 

                 “Oh, is this your cookies?” HyunA asked and she already took a bite in it. “Neh,” Yoona answered shortly. “Mmm, so delicious, really! Can I get some more?” HyunA blurted. Yoona raise her eyebrows and said “Okay, that’s yours.” “Yeay, gomawo, chingu. I’ll wait for you here, okay?” HyunA said while munching some cookies. “Okay, I’ll just go in my locker and get my things,” Yoona flashed at the locker room. “Aish, that girl, I wonder why I accepted her offer? I’m going crazy right now. Good luck to me,” Yoona shook her head.