Part one

Wallflower
"______!"
 
My eyes fluttered open, to see the the tear-drenched faces of my mom and dad. I woke up in a white room, with people who cared for me so much came.
 
"Umma..what happened?"
 
I said, then she grabbed my hand.
 
"A lot has happened, but the important thing is you're awake." She hugged me tightly, along with my dad.
 
Everybody thought I survived the accident. In fact, I didn't made it. The angels revived me because of a wish that I just made long time before. That is:
"Before I die, please let me find my one true love then do all of the things that happens with a couple once."
 
I've been for my one true love, but up until now, I can't find him just yet.
 
However, my eyes were set to one guy. We were at the same year, taking up Theater Arts.
 
He wasn't extremely attractive like Kevin Li or Park Chanyeol. Yet he has a charm that attracts others.
 
He doesn't act cute like Zitao or Sehun, but he looks squishy yet he was so manly.
 
He wasn't a strong singer like Jongdae or Baekhyun, but his voice was so sensual that makes you melt.
 
He wasn't cute, he was handsome as he is. However he wasn't popular.
 
And that's why I fell in love with him. But I felt this feelings will eventually fade like the others.
 
In fact, I was a wallflower to my classmates. My front hair always covers my face for them not to see my face. I never associate with my classmates, but I had friends outside of my course. I'm always silent. I only talk when I needed to but I speak like a guy. I never cared what I look like because I was so comfortable with it.
 
Because of the accident, I made a self-reflection to myself. This actions that I do in class has made me realize that I must not waste time.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Three weeks later and my friends unexpectedly threw a party for me. I didn't know why at first, but I soon realized why. It was my birthday. I disliked celebrating my birthday with others except with my family since they would just cook for me and buy me presents. But all I wanted for every birthday is new seeds for my garden.
 
Yes, I grow and raise my own flowers. It has been my interest when I was still in high-school, and right after I became a wallflower.
 
There was no reason why I became like this. I just never liked to associate with others during class periods because if I work with someone, they would just be a nuisance because I can't finish things quickly. That's why I declined the requests I get from my teacher that I should work with someone.
 
I only grow three kinds of flowers though.
 
One is Zinnia, which means loyalty in Hanakotoba. Because I love my friends for loving me.
 
 
The other is Wisteria, which means steadfast. Because I was always firm with what I do.
 
 
And the last one is Sweetpea, which means shyness. Because of my personality, as a wallflower.
 
 
But because of the recent events, I decided to give away my Sweetpea to all of my friends as my party giveaway since Sweetpea isn't part of my list anymore so I used the seed I stored in case I wanted to plant. So I planted a flower usually grown from Europe called Snowdrop, meaning hope.
Since there were conditions for this flower, I made a special place for the flower to bloom. I told my mom of building me a greenhouse for my plants because I don't want my flowers to be harmed by the atmosphere here in Seoul so she started planning and contacting others who are involve in making the greenhouse before my birthday and soon, a lot of people go to the backyard to start constructing my own greenhouse.
 
Thankfully, I didn't have to take care of my flowers by myself. My friends go to my house to check on me and they would help to water the plants everyday since they were mezmerized by the flowers that I raised. My mom helps too but I told her not to work herself hard since she already helped me a lot. I often bring my little brothers outside to play but not near the flowers because I was afraid that they would destroy it. My dad kept pestering me to open a flower shop but I had no interest to sell these yet. I can only give my flowers as gift if I feel not raising them anymore.
 
Since I'm now 19, they would expect me to drink alcohol but no, I just don't like it. Unless it's white wine or red wine. I act childish yet I love wine so much. But because my friends are here, they wanted me to drink one shot of tequila. Ugh...Lord.
 
I drank one shot of it and it was a bit stronger than wine. It was really burning my throat. Then they gave me a slice of lemon and told me to sip the juice of the lemon since it was needed. *sigh* Might as well do it since I'll die again anyway.
 
After those events, my friends started getting the snacks because they wanted to watch a movie tonight. Good thing my family left for the weekend. I was left with Hyosung, who's almost drunk but she's starting to sober a bit.
 
"Happy birthday our little baby! You still love flowers right?" She hugged me.
 
I nodded. Duh, is it obvious?
 
"Hehehe I forgot to give you this earlier!" She grabs her bag and bought out a pack that looked specially packed.
 
"What is it?" I don't know other flowers except the ones I planted in my backyard actually so I had to ask.
 
"It's Daisy! It fits you properly!" She smiled.
 
"What does it mean?" I took the pack from Hyosung.
 
"Innocence. We see you as that, that's why we call you baby." She ruffled my hair. We were at the same age but she thinks of me as a baby.
 
"Oh...thanks." I smiled.
 
"By the way, you never told me who you like before!"
 
"Huh?"
 
"Don't lie to me. You're now 19, graduating soon as well. Who do you like?" 
 
"Uh...Do.."
 
"Do?" She looked very intrigued.
 
"Do...Kyungsoo."
 
She grabbed both of my shoulders. "WHAT?? KYUNGSOO???"
 
"Y-Yeah.."
 
"How?"
 
"We're classmates since freshmen. It was just his voice but then I started to like him for who he is." I silently muttered.
 
"Aww~~ I knew my baby is in love with someone!"
 
"Hyosungie...I don't have much time left."
 
Her bright smile faded and she looked at me seriously. "What?"
 
"I'm dying...I never survived at the crash. I was just revived."
 
"How?? You looked better after the accident happened."
 
I looked at the distance. "When you make a wish, it's like a chained promise. You cannot die unless you fulfill them because it's part of your bucket list."
 
"So they gave you another chance?"
 
"Yes."
 
The atmosphere became silent. It was really ridiculous but it was indeed true. In fact, I have a mark of numbers that decreases by one on the back of my palm. It was like a countdown. However the countdown would most likely to happen if I don't meet my true love.
 
"I'll help you."
 
I looked at her surprised. "What?"
 
"But let me borrow your time. Do not enter your class for one week, I will ask you parents' permission also."
 
"Uh..okay?" I said, feeling unsure.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A week later and this happened to me. With the help of my other friends, they changed my wardrobe, my hair and my style.
 
It happened so quickly but I was okay with it? Though I missed a lot of notes.
 
So forwarding to present time, I entered my first class.
 
In case you're wondering, they dragged me to a salon and requested the hairstylist to turn my hair like this:
 
 
While I was walking to my first class, a lot of people were all looking at me like I was from another planet. Oh well, since I cover my face a lot, it's a first for me to get this kind of reaction. I entered the classroom and saw everyone having fun because the professor wasn't there yet. When I walked in, everyone fell silent and I just looked at them like what I used to do when I covered my face.
 
"Wow miss, are you new here?" A hunky dude, which I knew that he's the one who said to me that no one will be friends with you because my parents were treating me badly, when in reality they're really supportive with my own decisions. He smirked at me, implying that he wants to flirt with me. Of course when someone talks to me from my class, I'll keep silent and I would just stare at them until I walk away so that's what I did. But he was persistant.
 
"Hey, why won't you sit next to me?" He grabbed my left shoulder to look at him. But I still do what I always do. Except this time, I would speak.
 
"I already have a seat." In a blank expression, I said clearly then walk to my usual seat. Then I kept on hearing whispers from others that I rejected the 'hottest' guy in the class and I looked y. Well I didn't care. When I sat on my seat, everyone's whispers became distinct. One of my classmate's voice, expectedly the girl who would bully me for being mute in class.
 
"Well well well, looks like ________ really died and she was replaced with a student who really sits in her spot." Everyone laughed and I just ignored it. I never noticed that Kyungsoo already arrived because when I entered the room, Kyungsoo's seat was empty. I didn't noticed him until he stood up from his seat suddenly.
 
"For your information, that girl you see is really ________. You're just so busy looking at her outer shell. So feel free to make a snarky remark about her because she wasn't here when she's already here when she entered because after all, you waste your time talking badly about others than to think about your life." He spoke in a deep voice and from his expression, he was really angry because his stare looked dark.
 
I never wanted to be defended. I didn't care what they said to me at all. But Kyungsoo, he had to defend me. I thought he never knew about my presence but he knows me. It makes me feel...light?
 
I kept on being silent because I had no interest to talk to the others. Of course, I had to keep my habit because I don't like to associate with others.
 
Thirty minutes has passed and the professor didn't come to class, meaning that it's freetime. Everyone started to leave and I grabbed my bag quickly and left the room quickly since my break would last in three hours today.
 
Since I have no place to go, I have to contact my friends who are free at this kind of hour, sometimes they would just be at the campus studying or chilling out. I texted the others but their replies were just the same. They have plans. Huhuhu, I guess I'll spending this break with a long long nap.
 
"_______?" A deep voice from behind called me. Oh God, that voice is so manly that I know whose voice is it.
 
I looked behind to see the owner. Of course I knew the owner. "Oh hey Kyungsoo-sshi." I bowed.
 
"Are you free right now?"
 
"My friends replied that they have plans already so yeah." Stating the reason, what the heck ______.
 
"Ah I see...so, are you free? I'll pay don't worry." His heart-shaped lips curled to a smile.
 
"Why Kyungsoo? Why ask me now?"
 
"Well since I don't have any p--"
 
"No, I meant, why notice me now?" I asked straight-forwardly about it.
 
He approached me slowly and seriously, his charm and aura is seriously killing my legs' balance. I kept stepping back until I reached the wall. He was approaching closer until he stopped a few meters from me.
 
"You deserve to be noticed _________ because they never knew who you really are." He smiled. "Okay, wait here. I'll get my stuff in the room." He ran off inside.
 
While he went inside, I was just there standing, processing what happened. Okay, why Kyungsoo? It's too much odg LOL. I went to my locker which is just beside to where I was leaning earlier. I wanted to walk without carrying a lot of things so I'll leave my notes and stuff that aren't important. When I unlocked my locker, I saw something that isn't really in my locker. It looks like my stuff are neatly placed away from this potted plants. The first one is a bloomed Snowdrop, which is the one that I planted. And the other is Rose. But when I touched the stem, it has no thorns. That's rare.
 
 
I saw a letter lying in front of the flowers and I started reading the beautifully handwritten letter.
 
"I knew that you're planting a Snowdrop in your backyard, which is pretty hard to grow in a weather like this so I'm glad you put it in a proper place but I had to give you what a Snowdrop looks like :) Anyways, I'm pretty sure why this Rose doesn't have thorns. Let's say, it's the perfect version of a Rose. It really is a thornless Rose. It's called the Himalayan Wonder. Of course, I know you accept flowers that have meanings for you. Well for me, this has a meaning for me. Seeing you since high-school, you are so perfect. Why did you have to be a wallflower? Why don't you talk to anyone in class besides your friends? Is something wrong? Well if you have a problem, just remember: I fell in love with you at first sight. ;)
 
The underlined one is the meaning by the way.
 
I might as well reveal who am I as well.
 
--Do Kyungsoo
 
P.S. Turn around"
 
Just like what the letter said, I turned around and see him reaching out a bouquet of lavender roses.
 
 
"What does this means?" I asked when I grabbed the bouquet from him, with so much butterflies in my stomach right now.
 
"Love at first sight. I guess you know what this means." He smiled.
 
"Um..don't you think it's a bit fast?" I asked.
 
"Not exactly but, I've been waiting for this since I met you. You don't need to change yourself so people would like you. It's okay to be yourself."
 
Dear God, pinch me already. Stop it Kyungsoo, your voice and stare is making my heart burst.
 
"Um..." I was fidgeting since this was too fast but my heart won't lie though. *sigh* I hope I made a good decision. "..okay." I smiled brightly then Kyungsoo hugged me tightly. "What the--"
 
"Finally~~~ _________ is finally mine~" Wow Kyungsoo's kinda childish as well LOL.
 
"Ew oppa, you sounded like Chanyeol." I remarked and he just chuckled.
 
"I know, that idiot really had to teach me a lot about confessing to you that I had his virus." And we both laughed in the hallway where no one is watching and we're just by ourselves.