// chapter five

Thrills and Risks

Wooyoung laid on his bed, with an unexpected pounding headache. Junho sat beside him, taking his temperature. “38.9 degrees, jang woo young. You need to rest.”

“ne hyung~”

“You seem pale since just now at the car. What happened?” Taecyeon asked. 

“Must be the jet lag, I’m fine. Just need a bit of rest.” Wooyoung responded, snuggling in his blanket.

“You sure?” Nichkhun paced around worriedly. Wooyoung slightly grabbed nichkhun’s passing hands and gave a reassuring smile. Of course he couldn’t tell any of them, they would freak out. Wooyoung does not want to worry them with such a small matter and decided to keep it to himself. After much naggings and worried words, they left him alone to rest.

 

Wooyoung tugged deep under his blanket, staring at the ceiling. He touched the scar on his forehead slightly, very sure the picture he saw was his father. His heart began to beat nervously once again, recalling the abusive phase he went through at young age. He broke out in cold sweat and took some time to compose himself.  It’s okay… Just a coincidence… You won’t see him ever again… He repeated to himself before falling asleep.

 

*

 

“I’m in wrong! I’m sorry! Please don’t!” I screamed in terror, running away from the man with a pole.

“Don’t run you rascal.” I could hear him say with a smirk in his tone. “Come out here, where ever you are~” he sang.

I panted heavily, hiding behind the large bin by a secluded alley. Covering my mouth to silent myself, my hand shook nervously. I held my tears in, heart pounding hard as the sound of the footsteps increases.

Tok..tok..tok… I could hear the mental pole tapping in rhyme with his footsteps. I gulped nervously, retreating backwards slowly. He appeared in front of me, my father. With the same ruthless expression, he lifted up the pole ready to hit me.

“Noooo. I’m in wrong. Please.” I cried.

At that same time, I felt someone shaking me frantically.

“Wake up wooyoung! Everything is fine.” Nichkhun pulled wooyoung to a hug.

“I’m in wrong! Don’t hit me please!” Wooyoung wailed literally. Feeling the warmth of the hug and the hushes nichkhun coaxed him into, he finally calmed down. Taecyeon and junho could only watch the scene worriedly.

 

After an hour, junho whipped up some porridge for wooyoung and they were all crowded at the dining table. They watched wooyoung sip the porridge blankly.

“Do you need to go to the hospital? Are you sure you are okay?” Nichkhun questioned urgently.

“It was just a nightmare… Sorry to make you all worry.”

“Don’t be silly. You can always count on us.” Junho gave his signature eye smile. Wooyoung gave a timid smile before finishing up his porridge. He took a day off from school the next day.

 

*

 

They all gathered around the cafeteria. Nichkhun looked exceptionally solemn.

“Where’s wooyoung?” Minjun asked curiously.

“Yeah… I didn’t see him in class today too.” Chansung added.

“He’s sick so he took an MC. Poor boy had a nightmare last night.” Taecyeon said.

“Yeah, he woke up screaming-” before junho could continue nichkhun cut into his words. “he is probably fine by now. He just needs some rest. Don’t worry. Class is starting, let’s go.” Nichkhun finished. Minjun stayed behind with an excuse he was waiting for a friend of his next lecture. He all waved good byes and headed for their respective lecture halls.

Minjun flipped open his phone and pressed the text message button.

Receiver: Mr Jang

Sir, it is confirmed that wooyoung saw the picture. He took an off from school today.

 

After pressing the sent button, he let out a sigh. Am I doing the right thing? He got engrossed in his thoughts.

 

“Still here?” a voice surprised him. Minjun turned around to look, realising it was just Taecyeon.

“I thought you left just now?”

“I went to grab a drink, let’s walk to class together.” Taecyeon gave a huge smile. A pang of guilt washed over minjun’s heart.

“You four seem really close, have you been friends for a long time?” Minjun asked, breaking the silence while walking to their class.

“Yeah, for 8 years. They are all my brothers I hold close to my heart.” Taecyeon said, his glance wandered far, recalling the fun times they had. He let out a goofy smile before bidding farewell. Minjun stood there looking at his back view disappearing into the hallway. He leaned against the wall, cursing at himself mentally.

 

-

 

“See you all later.” Nichkhun said, entering his lecture building, leaving junho and chansung behind. Their classes were slightly further away from the rest so they had to walk for a longer distance.

“Is wooyoung really okay?” Upon hearing that, junho couldn’t help to be slightly jealous despite knowing chansung’s feelings from the start. With courage that emerged from nowhere, junho pinned chansung up against the wall. He left their faces barely touching, bodies close and stared passionately at him. 

 

A/N: sorry for not updating guys... been really out of everything. here's a short chapter i've never got to post up cause i found it too short xD But better then nothing right? holidays is coming up in a week maybe i'll write then. :)