// chapter three

Thrills and Risks

Junho, Nichkhun and Wooyoung walked towards Starbucks cafe at the airport. Taecyeon left earlier to meet up with his friend he was bringing along.  They noticed Taecyeon in sight and sitting beside him was another guy. Junho and Nichkhun exchanged knowing glances while Wooyoung was searching around for Chansung.

Junho tapped Taecyeon’s shoulder which startled him, causing him to jump slightly. His friend just chuckled at the surprised look he gave. Both of them stood up from their seat. Clearing his throat, Taecyeon started introducing his friend.

“Guys, this is Minjun. A friend of mine studying at the same school. That’s Nichkhun, wooyoung, and jun-”

“Minjun?” Junho prompted, surprised.

“Junho!”

“You two know each other?!” Taecyeon asked.

Both of them got into a hug and started catching up with each other.

“So you must be something for Ok Taecyeon to bring along with to our trip.” Nichkhun smirked. Normally taecyeon would have put nichkhun into a headlock but this time the sight in front of him distracted him. Amidst of the commotion, wooyoung saw that chansung was approaching them from a distance. He skipped there joyously, and nichkhun followed after him.

“Hi Chansung!” Wooyoung greeted.

“Am I late?” Chansung smiled, rubbing the back of his head cutely. Nichkhun, who wasn’t liking the sight, hung his arm over wooyoung’s shoulder. Feeling the weight, wooyoung pushed his arm off, still rather unhappy at last night’s incident.

“Let’s go! They are all waiting.”

Chansung, who was following behind wooyoung, got a random shoulder bump by nichkhun. They had a mini 10 seconds stare down before Chansung broke it with a sly smile, leaving nichkhun heated up. Before junho and minjun could address the confusion, Nichkhun exclaimed that their flight was about to take off and hurried them to check in. It is going to be a long 10 hours ride.

 

 

Wooyoung fell asleep finally, after minjun and junho finally kept their volume down. No one could understand what they were talking about so they automatically labelled them as long lost friends. Taecyeon barely had any chance to talk to Minjun. Nichkhun, on the other hand did not cared much about it though. He was trying to take a glance at sleeping wooyoung who was out of his reach. Apparently his seat was 4 other boys away from wooyoung. He was admiring wooyoung who was a metre away, at his nose and mouth which wasn’t covered by his fringe.

Wooyoung had already took off his jacket, his v neck shirt hanging low. He was staring at how Wooyoung started nuzzling his nose unconsciously into the comfort of chansung’s chest. He wasn’t liking the scene, especially when chansung wasn’t aware of it since he was sleeping like a log. He reluctantly fell into deep sleep soon after.

 

Wooyoung yawned, stretching his arms with his eyes still closed. He opened his heavy eyelids and what greeted him was chansung’s face which was barely two inches away. He backed away, feeling slightly nervous. He stood up and left for the toilet. What he hadn’t notice was a pair of eyes staring at him all along.  Before he could locked the toilet door, nichkhun barged in and locked the door behind him.

“What do you want khun… I’m really tired and I need the toilet… Go out.”

“Well, we can use it together!” Khun nodded convincingly.

“Go…out” Wooyoung started pushing nichkhun out forcefully, and locked the door. Nichkhun leaned against the closed door behind him full of thoughts. He definitely saw a tint blush on wooyoung’s face when he woke up to see chansung so close to him. Sigh.. jang wooyoung… you..

Nichkhun almost fell when the door opened. Almost casually when he saw wooyoung come out, he linked their arm firmly.

“Let’s go get some food! I’m starved. They said there was a cafeteria in this airplane!”

“There isn’t cafes in aeroplanes you idiot” Wooyoung chuckled, using his free hand to poke nichkhun’s head.

“I’m your idiot, so don’t be mad anymore okay.” Nichkhun gave his brightest smile along with pleading eyes.

“Forgiven for now.” Wooyoung gave in, smiling back.

 

*

 

Junho woke up groggily. A sleeping chansung was next to him, and wooyoung wasn’t in sight. He stared at chansung’s lips, which was pouting while sleeping, finding it rather alluring yet cute. Junho let his fingertips brushed past chansung’s fringe slightly.

 

“Junho?” he heard someone call. It was wooyoung who was returning back to his seat. “Want some food? The air stewardess would be coming soon, just let her know if you need anything.”

 

“Oh.. alright!” Junho heaved a sigh of relief, he thought he got caught for touching a sleeping person.

 

After 10 hours of painful flight, they got out of the plane.

“Ahh.. finally!” cried Taecyeon who was having a sore back.

They checked into a villa their boss had prepared for them. It was beside the beach, so the view was breath-taking. From the outside, the huge villa looked rather vintage and ancient but inside was homely yet elegant.  They all excitedly went to the second floor to check out the rooms leaving wooyoung and chansung still at the first floor.

“I’m taking the sofa.” Wooyoung said, to no one in particular.

“But that was my thoughts!” Chansung replied genuinely.

“You like sleeping in the living room too?”

“Not very often but it is rather comfortable.”

“Exactly.”

They both exchanged knowing glances and smiles. After a decent amount of house exploring, they finally settled down and were all now gathered together watching television accompanied by some ramen. Terribly jet lag, it wasn’t long before they stood up one by one and headed for their room to rest.

 

*

 

Wooyoung and chansung’s legs were entangled together, both of them still in deep slumber. Both of them decided that wooyoung would take the sofa while chansung used the mattress below and they could switch it the next day. Both of their sleeping habits seemed to have taken over though, since wooyoung was already half hung down from the sofa. Although his head was still on the pillow but his legs had already given in to the comfort of chansung’s legs which was holding them together tightly.

 

Junho walked down sloppily from the stairs and rubbed his eyes. Finally clearing his sight, he saw the two confusingly intimate sleeping men. Not liking the sight of it, unsure if he was protective of wooyoung or he had a slight tingly feeling for chansung, he broke them apart, and laid between them.

“Wake up, you peasants.” He said, with his back facing chansung.

Turning around, ready to scream at chansung, junho was caught off guard when he realised their faces were almost touching. That same pout was seducing him right there. Junho just laid there staring. Minjun who had also woken up, cleared his throat, startling junho.

“Oh hey hyung.” Junho stood up, ruffling his hair. “They don’t seem to be waking up.” He chuckled, nudging chansung and wooyoung vigorously.

“5..minutes…” wooyoung whispered.

 

After much rounds of wake up calls, they were finally having breakfast, or rather lunch. It was their first meal at 2pm. They indulged into the buffet restaurant near the villa before proceeding to have some fun at the beach. Wooyoung laid on one of the beach chairs having some ice cream, while nichkhun was beside him taking a nap. He fell asleep shortly after as well. Minjun excused himself, heading to the toilet.

 

Nichkhun, chansung and junho decided to play a game of scissors paper and stones. The losers will be thrown into the water. Junho didn’t like the idea of that, trying all ways to avoid the game but there wasn’t any use. I just have to win..lee junho…you will win… he thought to himself.

He lost. In seconds, despite struggling and trying hard to explain how he had a phobia of water, he was thrown into the sea. Chansung and nichkhun simply laugh, genuinely having fun thinking junho was only trying to find excuses. They walked off, exchanging hi fives.

“Guys! Gu-ys I can’t-“ junho wailed, but his voice was drowned. At the same time, Minjun returned.

“Where’s junho?” He asked.

“Just thrown him into the water. He lost a game to us.” Nichkhun said b with pride.

“Are you guys crazy?! Junho has a water phobia!” Minjun screamed, running towards the sight of flailing hands calling for help. He jumped into the water pulling junho out of it. Junho was still conscious, luckily, just weeping and scared. He hugged Minjun tightly.

“I’m scared….don’t leave me…” Junho cried.

“shhh I won’t”

The boys soon gathered around them asking if junho was okay. Nichkhun and chansung seemed the most apologetic, constantly saying sorry. Nobody knew junho had a water phobia, despite being friends for years. They brought junho back to the villa to rest.

 

Chansung couldn’t help but to feel a pang of guilt washed over him and decided to personally apologise. He went into junho’s room to check if he was sleeping. Minjun was beside him. "Can i talk to junho for a moment?" he asked minjun. Taking the signal, minjun left the room, leaving the two. 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know…” Chansung shuffled his legs in circles, crossing his hands.

“It’s okay I’m alright.” If you are sorry… then can you start looking at me now?