// chapter one

Thrills and Risks

Today it's the huge mansion by the dark secluded forest area. I tiptoe in lightning speed above the roof top. Almost falling off because the tools of my side waist bag are exceptionally heavy today, a hand held me preventing me from falling. "Careful babe" he said under his mask, obviously laughing at me.


We broke in from the attic of the house. Who told them to use it as a store room anyways? I took out my tools and with a flash, I opened the window quick but quietly. I went in first before nichkhun to ensure that there wasn't anyone. It was 3 into the night and I doubt anyone would be awake. We splited ways. He had to make sure no one was there while I find the portrait. I walked down the large hallway, in amused. Many unique and expensive portraits were hung up against the wall but it's not the one I'm looking for.


I now walked into a slightly more posh area, noticing red laser detectors near the upcoming doorway. I slid on my laser detector sunglasses and sprayed a liquid that shows the hidden lasers. There was only two lasers this time. Easy peasy. I thought to myself.
I got through it with my lean body without any effort, and broke into the password locked door. The portrait was situated on the wall along with other elements of expensive jewellery. I took slow steps, enjoying at how easy it is. I seem to have took it for granted though, because when I took a step closer, sirens began ringing. 
"Well, you too." I muttered. I removed the plastic box protector away and took the portrait, hanging it by my side. I ran off back to the attic, knowing so well that there are probably people chasing me already. I see a foot flying towards me but which was then fought off by nichkhun who caught up to me. 
"Too full of yourself again?" He chuckled. We both found it thrilling. We punched whoever got into our way and eventually made it out of the mansion, disappearing into the convenient woods nearby.

We hid under the bushes, panting hard. I could hear screams of orders all over demanding to find us. Curses and screams started to fade as time passed. When the area around us were cleared, we sped off to find junho who was awaiting us.

"Close call?" Junho commented, upon seeing us drenched in sweat. 
"Barely." I shrugged, handing him the portrait.

He admired the portrait, half judging it while putting it in a concealed package.

"I wonder why rich people would play games of stealing like this." Junho pondered
"They just do, and that's why there's people like us."

"All for the thrills and risks." Nichkhun added.

*

Wooyoung literally crashed after a shower last night. He woke up due to the sudden blazing sun which bared his face. Probably one of the helpers… wooyoung thought. He rubbed his eyes whilst throwing another hand over on his king size bed to find comfort, but only to feel that someone was there. He already know who.


"Nichkhun, you do know you have your own room right?"

"Mhmmm" He could hear Nichkhun muffle drowsily. Wooyoung got up to wash up, but nichkhun pulled him back onto the bed. "Morning sweetie." He said hoarsely, trying to give wooyoung a peck. "No." he said, pulling himself out of Nichkhun’s grip. Wooyoung left and shut the bathroom door.

Nichkhun can only laugh in dismay. He likes their push and pull game, but not too much at times.


*

Getting dressed for is a norm for me now. We have helpers everywhere. I looked in the mirror while one of it straightened my tie and another, polishing my shoes. "Oh hello handsome." I could hear Taecyeon say. I turned to see him standing by the door. 
"Hey Taec. So early?"

"Breakfast wasn't yummy today so I'm looking forward to lunch." He replied so genuinely it made me chuckle out loud. 

“Well, then you are not in luck because-“

“What’s up Taec” Nichkhun butted in. He was dressed in a long sleeve formal wear with brown pants which flaunted his long legs. He was so mesmerising.

“No wait, maybe you are in luck, because khun said he’ll give you a treat.”

“Wait…what?” Nichkhun replied, slightly surprised.

“Really khun? I feel like I can eat a cow. Thanks!”

I grinned at the dumbfounded nichkhun before leaving the room.

 

*

 

Wooyoung’s sports car pulled over.

“When are you three going to stop taking my car? You do know you have chauffeurs right?”

“And so do you.” Junho retorted.

“Oh come on, the more the merrier right?” Taecyeon giggled.

“I know you prefer if they give us space for the two of us.” Nichkhun spoke in a seducing manner, using the back of his hand to caress Wooyoung’s face.

“Fat hope.” Wooyoung replied flatly.

Wooyoung got out of the car, and walked into the campus. “No lunch?” Taecyeon shouted from afar. He shook his head and waved the back of his hand.

 

Elite school, where every student here attending is either filthy rich, family with high social standing, or super brainy. The brainy ones hardly survives though, rarely. Many bowed down to him along the way, recognizing his presence.

He went all the way to the sports hall for some fresh air. There were no physical education today so it would be empty all day. He laid down at the corner of the hall and stared at the ceiling. He laid there for a good hour, finding peace. Before he knew it, he fell asleep. Wooyoung was 2hours late for his social psychology lecture. However, that didn’t stop him in taking his time strolling to the lecture hall. He entered by the back door and slid into the last row of the huge lecture hall. He sat next to a boy, who had spectacles on and was really focused on the lecturer.

“Hey nerd.”

The boy turned to his left slightly. “Uhh.. Are you talking to me?”

“What did the lecturer talk about today?”

“Chapter 10, page 220.”

“Oh okay. Lend me your notes later.” Wooyoung replied nonchantly, throwing his hands over the table and laid his head down. The guy looked at him confused.

The lecture hall lid up indicating the lecture was over. Wooyoung woke up due to the sudden scorching bright lights. He fluttered his eyes open, stretching for abit. Wooyoung rudely took the notes from the guy earlier. He glanced through the notes once, before passing it back to him.  “Thanks.” He said, before leaving the hall.

“What’s with this kid” he muttered under his breath as he watched the guy walked out of the hall. Apparently wooyoung had memorized the entire notes after reading it once. Photogenic memory they all said he had.

 

*

 

Chansung yawned while making his way to the cafeteria to get some waffles. Examinations are coming and he was getting lethargic after sleepless nights cramming notes. He paid the cashier money half-heartedly.

“Hey boy from just now!” he heard. Instinctively he turned back only to see a table of four staring right back at him. One, earlier on from the lecture hall, smirked and signal for him to go over. Acting almost like he didn’t see a thing, chansung ignored, bit his waffles and continued his way.

 

“You know that guy?” Nichkhun asked

“Didn’t seem like he knows you though.” Junho retorted.

“Well, it isn’t every day you see Jang wooyoung getting rejected.” Taec sang along.

“Rejected? That guy got some balls huh” Nichkhun turned to wooyoung. “who’s that guy?”

Interesting… wooyoung muttered under his breath ignoring the heated conversation going on around the table. Indeed, it was definitely the first wooyoung got ignored, especially in school.

 

*

“Taec you’re the lead today. Wooyoung, back up. Nichkhun will wait in the car. You only have 5 minutes today.” They rose their eyebrows and geared up. “Remember, it’s a maroon handkerchief. Handle with care. Don’t be rough taec.” Junho emphasize.

“Yes commander.” Taec responded jokingly.

 “What’s so special about the handkerchief?”

“Well, we don’t need to know. We do what we do.” Nichkhun replied. They did one final check on their gears, clearing their thoughts.

“Remember, five minutes.”

They nodded. There was a reason for everything and that it includes the timing. They never doubted it else since it might put themselves at a disadvantage, which they all know.

Taecyeon slipped on his mask and went in first, followed by wooyoung. They slipped in through the back gate where a huge mansion awaits them.

He went into the large carpeted hallway. When it comes to work, taec was serious. He checked his watch. 1 minute. He quickened his pace where a big cemented vintage door greeted him. He inserted a device which took 30 seconds to unlock. Taecyeon tapped his leg impatiently. 2 minutes. The device made a sound and the door clicked open. He went in swiftly, and with a laser pen, dismantling the glass block which was holding the item in place and took it out. 3 minutes. He slid the so called precious and fragile handkerchief like a pro into his safety bag and made his way out. Wooyoung signalled that the hallway is clear as they both ran quickly but quietly down the long hallway. 4 minutes. They arrived at the back yard and got over the barrier. They got into the car and taecyeon took a glance at his watch. 5 minutes. Just nice. The sirens went off and so did the car. Nichkhun sped off in the fastest speed. “Phew.” He glanced over to wooyoung panting hard and exchanged hi fives. Mission success. Wooyoung took a peek at the car’s side mirror and noticed a man standing behind a tree near the mansion. However it was too far for him to identify if it was just some random passer-by so he let it slip.

 

“Great job guys!” junho exclaimed. “Now, now I need to keep this ridiculous handkerchief safe. Apparently they say this costs a million. Bull.” He was still unconvinced that the handkerchief was of any importance but have no choice but to oblige to the client’s wants.

“Well… who wants to commemorate and go clubbing?” Taec asked enthusiastically.

“What’s there to commemorate, isn’t this what we do all the time?” Wooyoung chuckled.

“No because it’s my first try in 5 minutes. Aren’t you proud of me wooyoungie?” he rose his eyebrow. They all laughed at his reply. Taecyeon started sulking and began pushing their arms back and forth, whining.

“Okay okay I give up, let’s go.” They all gave in. The night has just only begun.

*

Blasting music, disco lights. Wooyoung and junho were already feeling it, slowly grooving into the beat. Wooyoung danced swiftly with his lean body. He definitely has talent. Nichkhun sat at their table, observing Wooyoung up and down as though stripping him with his eyes.

Wooyoung knows nichkhun is watching. He did a slight pelvic which made nichkhun crazy. He closed his eyes, lips slightly open and continue dancing. Nichkhun, who couldn’t stand the sight slowly made his way towards him. Almost instinctively, Wooyoung opened up his eyes and closed the distance between them, bodies touching.

“What’s the occasion? Don’t tease me my dear.”

Wooyoung bent over, chest touching and with his lips by Nichkhun’s ear he whispered, “because I feel like it today.” He bit nichkhun’s ear softly, arousing him. Nichkhun, who was expecting something more got surprised when he saw Wooyoung slowly retreating with an obvious smirk by his lips walking off the dance floor. Well, jang wooyoung I’m not letting you off just like that today. He muttered under his breath.

He followed behind him, passed by the already drunk taec hitting up on girls by the tables. He downed a few glasses of alcohol before heading to the toilet where wooyoung was washing his hands. When wooyoung saw nichkhun walking in through the mirror reflection, he turned off the tap and brushed past nichkhun. Oh no you don’t..

*

Nichkhun grabbed my right hand roughly, pulling me close. I slowly backed away until I was against the wall. Nichkhun’s face towered over mine, our foreheads almost touching. His deep eyes stayed locked into mine. I know that look on his face, he isn’t letting me go until he gets what he wants. I could hear him breathing deeply as his hot breath hits my face. We stood like that for what seemed like, ages. Nichkhun grabbed my hips, pulling my body towards him and smashed his lips onto mine, cradling my face. I gave in, obviously enjoying the kiss and subsequently ran my fingers through his hair. Our lips moved in sync, but got progressively more aggressive.

I could feel him sliding his fingers under my shirt, touching me slowly but seductively. The door suddenly flunk open, with a pair of drunk guys. We then realised we were still in the toilet. They seem too drunk to realise the situation they got into. I broke the kiss, gazing into his eyes and left the toilet.

Nichkhun shot death glares are the drunken men. “Way to spoil the mood!”

“Then make out somewhere else you little punk!” one of the drunken men slurred.

s. Nichkhun muttered, knowing that there won’t be any more chance to get close to wooyoung tonight. God dammit.