I

Who You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The nth bottle rolled on the floor. The living room was a mess, as lots of empty bottles scattered all over the floor. Smoke and alcohol lingered around, and it was already like a pub, minus the blasting music and crowded with people. Doing this once in a while felt great to him.

 

Alcohol was already ruling his body system but he didn’t care. He was there, sitting alone in front of his TV theater, drowned with frustration. He glanced over his phone that was placed on the table, looking at it with void emotions. How long had it been that silent? He didn’t even know. His house phone rang just then. But he didn’t even bother picking it up. After ringing for a while a voice message came in.

 

“Yah! What are you doing? Still drowning yourself in alcohols? How long has it been for you? Get back to your senses please! Stop making us worry about you! I know you’re home pick up this damn phone. I am warning you, seriously! Please, stop making me and omma worried….”

 

He just sighed, not intending of picking up the phone. Slowly, he stood up and reached for his cellphone, as he headed himself to his bedroom, leaving the living room in a mess like he usually did. His noona’s voice faded as he walked further into his room.

 

The bedroom’s door clicked as soon as he shut it tightly. Resting his back for a moment against the door, he looked up to his ceiling, only to release another sigh. His feet lazily walked towards his bed and lied on it, settling himself rather comfortably, ing his shirt before he let his right arm resting on his forehead.

 

His hand then brought his phone that he had been holding close to his face. His thumb moved against his screen, tapping and scrolling in the process. He then tapped his gallery folder and he started looking at them one by one. Most of his pictures saved on his phone were taken with her.

 

His thoughts then went to her. Slowly he closed his eyes, shifting down his arm that was earlier on his forehead so it was already covering his closed eyes. He still could hear the sounds of her laughs, giggles, and her thin voice in his ear, as if she was still there with him.

 

Still with his eyes closed, his hand then reached for the side of his bed. Cold. No signs of heat at all. Empty.

 

He let out a deep sigh for the nth time that night. His chest felt so heavy and he knew it was because of the burdensome feeling he was facing at the moment. Unknowingly, a crystal bead rolled down his cheek. Another audible breath escaped him. He wasn’t this miserable six months ago. If only his girlfriend was still with him, he wouldn’t be feeling this way. If only they didn’t break up. If only…..

 

He opened his eyes once again, letting his gaze fixed on his phone. He then tapped his message icon and started typing something. It was short but it was all he had to say.

 

“Baby, I love you.”

 

It seemed like the alcohol was already dominating his whole system. He only realized what he did after he sent the message. His eyes were getting heavier and he didn’t even remember slurring to himself. “.. What have I done..”

 

-

 

“Ya, put down that underwear oh my goodness,” Dara gasped seeing her boyfriend holding the undergarment that he took from the rack, wiggling it as if he was trying it on. “OMG you’re so embarrassing!!”

 

Her boyfriend just laughed seeing her priceless reaction. Instead of putting the red lacy underwear that he was holding, he stretched it even more that it could already fit his waist. His laughter roared louder when he saw her covering her face out of embarrassment.

 

“Ugh seriously why did I agree dating you,” Dara grunted in frustration.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter