while the kids are asleep

Domestication

while the kids are asleep, suyeol, 625w

joonmyun never knew what exactly he was going to com home to. every single day, it was something different. once, he came home to find the entire apartment covered in jongin and sehun's toys, and his boyfriend and two children curled up in the middle of the living room in a make shift fort. that was cute, and the entire family spent the night sleeping in the fort. then, there was the time that he came home and found out that all three of them had painted on wall in the kid's finger paints. even chanyeol. that night didn't end as cutely, and all four of them went to bed upset. no one was happy with that.

so, when joonmyun came home and found that there was no paint, no forts, no crying children, and no crying chanyeol he was surprised. he had opened his apartment door to find chanyeol sitting on the couch with his guitar, actually working on his music.

"…okay, who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend and unruly children?" joonmyun asked as he slipped off his shoes. his fingers moved to pull off his cufflinks and he shoved them in his pocket, knowing that if he left them anywhere, one of the kids would eat them and then it would just go downhill.

looking up from his guitar, chanyeol smiled at his boyfriend. "just call me super nanny. i got them fed, bathed, and in bed, all before you came home." right, nanny. that was chanyeol's official title, since the he didn't work and just having some young musician live in the apartment with him would raise too many questions.

"i'm impressed, super nanny." joonmyun teased the other as he moved into the kitchen. getting a beer from the fridge, he opened it and took a long sip. enjoying the cool liquid before joining his boyfriend on the couch in the living room. "what're you working on?" he asked, looking at him curiously. it was rare that chanyeol actually took the time to work on his music. though, joonmyun couldn't blame him. he spent most of his day taking care of two six year olds, by himself, and that was not an easy task. jooonmyun learned that was not as easy as it appeared.

"a song for you." joonmyun wasn't entirely sure if chanyeol was teasing him or not, and he found himself choking on his beer when the other said that. chanyeol instantly moved to put his guitar down to thump joonmyun's back. it didn't actually help, and only made joonmyun cough, and chanyeol found himself hitting his boyfriend's back more, attempting to soothe him.

"stop!" joonmyun managed to get out, speaking between his coughs, he pushed at his boyfriend's shoulder. "no, stop, go get me some water."

he was lucky that chanyeol was like a giant puppy, because he ran off to the kitchen, getting joonmyun a bottle of water. coming back he handed it to his boyfriend and waited for him to relax and calm down. when joonmyun was finally able to breathe, he gave his boyfriend a small smile, in appreciation, before deciding to move on from the idea of him writing a song for him.

"you know what we can do tonight?" joonmyun asked, leaning in close to chanyeol, his voice dropping to a whisper. chanyeol raised an eyebrow at his boyfriend before leaning back in.

"what?" he asked, whispering as well.

"we can go to bed, and sleep without kids coming in our room and getting in the bed with us." when joonmyun responded, a smile crossed chanyeol's face, and he placed his guitar on the couch.

"i'll race you."