prove your self-worth

Domestication

prove your self-worth, suyeol (featuring child!sekai), 1270w

--


"we've been expecting you mr. park." well, the two six year olds sitting at the island in his boyfriend's kitchen was not what chanyeol expected.

"…what time is it?" chanyeol only scratched his stomach in response, making his way to the coffee pot, smiling at the fact that his boyfriend had left him coffee in the pot, even if it was a bit cold.

"noon, daddy already went to work." chanyeol would always find it weird that the kids would refer to joonmyun as 'daddy', when he wasn't around, but by his first name when he was around.

"alright then, looks like it's just us for the day." chanyeol nodded his head as he prepared himself a bowl of cereal. he had already forgotten about the children saying that they had been waiting for him, more preoccupied with making his breakfast than whatever the two children wanted from him.

sitting at the island across from them, he began eating, occasionally glancing at the two kids every now and then. he found it odd that they didn't have any breakfast with them, instead just two glasses of milk, one for each of them.

"where's your food?" he asked, looking at the two kids curiously, his glass slightly askew on his face.

"we haven't eaten, because we've been expecting you." chanyeol raised an eyebrow, confused by what the child had actually meant by that.

the one that kept saying that they had bee expecting chanyeol was sehun. the younger of the two, and an all around brat. he spoke the most, talked the most, and cried the most. chanyeol had tried to use the 'big boys don't' cry' thing once, to get the child to stop crying. that only made him cry more, because he was a big boy, and joonmyun had said that they were allowed to cry any time they wanted to. and then he hit chanyeol for insinuating that he wasn't a big boy in the first place.

the one next to him was jongin. thankfully, this kid was quieter than sehun, but a nightmare all on his own. not because he was energetic, but because he would stare. he would stare at you and not talk. and he would stare for minutes, without you even knowing it. there had been one too many times that chanyeol had woken up to the kid standing at the foot of he and joonmyun's shared bed. just staring at the two of them. then when he'd notice that chanyeol was awake, he'd just leave the room like he was never even there in the first place.

"…and what were you expecting me for?" chanyeol asked, his cereal long forgotten as he looked across the table at them. they probably wanted to play a game or something, which was a first considering that the kids weren't exactly his biggest fans.

sehun seemed satisfied that chanyeol asked what they were expecting him for, and he nudged jongin in the side. he counted to three before the two of them took a sip of their milk at the same time. it seemed that the two had planned this out to some extent—even if their milk drinking wasn't as in synch as they wanted it to be.

"well, jongin and i have been talking and we decided that we want you to prove that you're good enough for daddy." sehun announced, crossing his arms over his chest as he sat back, looking at chanyeol with a look of superiority .

"prove i'm good enough…for daddy?" chanyeol repeated the other's words, snorting a bit as he called joonmyun daddy, much to the children's dismay.

"dad—joonmyun, needs someone who can take care of him, and isn't just using him for his money." sehun gave chanyeol a look that made the male gulp. wait, was he really gulping because a six year old might not approve of he and his guardian's relationship?

he found it cute, that sehun and jongin wanted to make sure that he was good enough for the man that took care of them. they really saw him as their own father, even if he wasn't actually. it was heart warming, and it made chanyeol wish he had as good of a relationship with his parents. they were this dedicated to joonmyun and he wasn't their dad, so he had to go along with whatever the kids wanted him to do.

"alright, fine, i'll play with you guys." chanyeol agreed, his cereal now soggy and forgotten as he looked at the two children across from him.

"good." sehun nodded his head as he picked up a paper that he had lying on table in front of him. looking at the paper, he read off of it before clearing his throat. "question one, why don't you have a job?"

"what? i have a job!" chanyeol countered. a musician was a job. he just didn't have any current gigs right now.

"no you don't. you always stay here, while daddy goes off to work every single day. jongin and i never see you leave. isn't that right jongin?" sehun looked to the boy next to him for confirmation, but it was then that he noticed that jongin was already gone—off to watch cartoons. mumbling the words 'traitor' under his breath, sehun looked back at chanyeol, waiting for his answer.

"i do have a job, but my job requires me to work at all kinds of hours, where as dadd—joonmyun's job requires him to be gone for a certain amount of time, everyday." chanyeol clarified, for some reason, he found himself hoping that sehun would understand what he meant.

while the child didn't look satisfied with the answer, he moved on to the next question. "how come you don't ever go to your own house? are you just using daddy for an apartment?"

okay, now the kid had caught him on that. chanyeol didn't have his own apartment, he had been evicted right around the time he and joonmyun became an official couple. joonmyun's invitation to stay until he got back on his feet, got extended until whenever he and joonmyun broke up.

"well…no, but hyung and i stated dating long before i moved in." chanyeol said, scratching the back of his head. clearing his throat a bit, he smiled at him and sehun did not look amused by the answer—at all. but, he moved on to the next question anyway.

"are you using daddy for just his money?"

"no!" chanyeol was quick to answer that, and he wanted to make sure that sehun understood. he wasn't using joonmyun for his money, he was doing anything but that. it just happened to be that while chanyeol was broke, joonmyun had money, and joonmyun would buy chanyeol anything that he needed or wanted.

sehun eyed the man across from him for a moment, as if he was waiting for chanyeol to slip up and say that he was. when chanyeol said nothing, sehun put the paper down and pushed out his chair.

"this is stupid." he mumbled as he hopped down. leaving the kitchen, he joined jongin in the living room.

chanyeol watched as the kid left, and he couldn't help but feel satisfied. so maybe, sehun still didn't ilk him, but he proved that he was good enough for joonmyun. or, he at least assumed that's what sehun's disappointment meant. he wasn't entirely sure.