romantic family dinner

Domestication

romantic family dinner, suyeol, child!sekai, 510w

 

joonmyun had learned that having a romantic night while your kids were at home was hard. the problem was, joonmyun didn't have time off to actually take chanyeol out. but they had talked about a night in, just the two of them where they could have a romantic evening. share a glass of wine and sit at the table. a romantic, candle night dinner, that would maybe end with them having . that was the ideal date night for the two of them.

how ever, date night was anything but that. the night started out fine. when joonmyun got home, the kids were already bathed (though chanyeol had had a hard time getting them to take a bath), and gotten them ready for bed. and then, chanyeol had cooked dinner. it was perfect. joonmyun had even picked up a nice bottle of wine for the two of them to share. it was supposed to be perfect.

the problem started almost as soon as joonmyun got home. mostly because joonmyun and sehun hadn't seen hm all day, and they were overly excited to tell him about their day.

"and so then, jongin and i, we were going to play with zitao, right? you know zitao. anyway, we wanted to play with zitao, but he wanted to play pirates and jongin and i wanted to swing." sehun was talking at a mile a minute and it was something hat joonmyun was used to.

"wait, how come you don't tell me all of that, but you'll only tell me that your day was 'fine', every day." chanyeol could only whine as he popped the cork for the wine bottle. the table was set, and all the needed was for the kids to go to bed.

"because i like joonmyun, and i don't like you." sehun looked at jongin, wanting the other to agree with him, but jongin was already distracted.

in fact, the boy wasn't even sitting on the couch any more. he had gotten up and was making his way to the table. pulling the chair out, he sat, looking around.

"jongin, no…that's not for you, that's just for me and chanyeol." joonmyun began, but he instantly regretted it.

"what? why? why do you and chanyeol get to have a separate dinner? i want to eat with you too." and then sehun was running to the table, pulling out his own chair.

before joonmyun could try to stop him, chanyeol was getting two more wine glasses. going to the fridge, he took out the bottle of apple juice, pouring it in the glasses for the two of them. setting them on the table, he gave went to get two more plates. making smaller portions for the two boys, he sat the plates in front of them. he then took out his lighter, lighting the candles in front of them.

joonmyun watched in confusion, raising an eyebrow at his boyfriend.

"it's a romantic family dinner, now." he said, smiling his boyfriend.