Pictures

Super Glue

“Ugh! This kid!” Luhan muttered as he plopped himself down on the couch in the living room.

Luhan had been running around after Minseok, his son, all day. Minseok wanted to play with all of the things and Luhan, being the old man of the two, was about to collapse from exhaustion. He stared up at the ceiling and sighed.

Minseok would be fine for 30 minutes while he took a nap… right?

Not even 10 minutes later, Luhan woke with a start.

Minseok was screaming from his room.

Luhan jumped up from the couch and ran to his son. He found Minseok on the floor, crying, with art supplies all around him. Luhan bent down to Minseok’s level and gently took his son’s face in his big hands.

“Minseokkie… what happened? Why are you crying?” Luhan wiped the tears from his chubby cheeks with his thumbs.

“I-I wanted to make you a picture!” Minseok sobbed, burying his face into Luhan’s neck. “But the glue is sticky!” The small boy held up is hands.

When Luhan looked, he noticed they were stuck together. He scooped up the small boy into his arms and carried him into the bathroom. After setting Minseok on the counter, he set to work on getting his hands apart.

“Minseok… how did you get super glue?”

“I found it on the kitchen table.”

Luhan mentally face palmed. He forgot to put the small tube away when he fixed the vase he ran into earlier from chasing Minseok.

While Luhan was finishing up and the child had calmed down, he asked, “What were you making, Minseokkie?”

Without replying, Minseok hopped off the counter and ran into his room as soon as Luhan got done drying off his hands. The man sighed as he watched his child run off. He was still tired and his child was still entergetic. Where did kids get the energy anyway? He looked at himself in the mirror and after sighing again at the dark circles under his eyes, he left to go find out where Minseok went off to. He checked the child's room first and saw Minseok grabbing a colorful picture off the floor. The small child walked over to his father by the door and offered the piece of paper to him.

Luhan bent down and took the drawing. His eyes started to water.

The picture was of what looked to be himself and his son, holding hands. Across the top, in blue crayon, was “I love you appa!”

The child started to tear up himself, thinking his father didn’t like the picture. When Luhan heard a sniff from the child, he quickly hugged Minseok to his chest, rubbing his small back.

“Minseokkie, I love you too,” Luhan let out shakily.

“You don’t hate it?”
“No! I love it. Thank you,” Luhan pulled back and wiped the tears from his son’s cheeks once more. “Let’s go into the kitchen and have some lunch, okay? I’ll hang this on the fridge.”

At the mention of lunch, Minseok started jumping up and down. He was starving!

“Come on, appa!” Minseok was pulling on his father’s hand, eager to get to the other room.

“Alright, Minseok, calm down!” Luhan laughed.

 

 

A/N:

Didn't quite turn out the way i wanted...

But i didn't burn your eyes, right? D: