Bursting at the seams

A new arrival

“So what do you think? Pink or Blue?” Jiyong asked, ankle crossed over his knee as he sat in the waiting room.  He rested his head back against the wall before rolling it to the side and looking at Chaerin flipping through a magazine.

“For the nursery?”  She asked, turning a page absently.

“Yeah. Or I mean in general, what are you feeling kitten? You think it’s a little Chaerin or a little Jiyong?”  He laughed to himself and shifted forward stretching his hands in front of him.

“I think it’s a little bit of both.” She said with a smirk.

“You mean you think its twins?” He asked, slightly shocked, one child was something he could picture, more than one, was a little scarier.

“No, I mean I think whatever it is it’s a perfect mixture of the two of us.” Chaerin said putting the magazine down and looking at him. “You are so persistent about knowing if it’s a boy or a girl.” She teased, tilting her head to the side and looking at him. “Any reason?” 

“Well if it’s a girl I’m going to need a castle…”

“You already have one, I’m a queen remember?” Chaerin interrupted him with a smirk.

“Mmm, I suppose you’re right kitten. But if it’s a boy I’m going to need an obstacle course.” 

Chaerin laughed.  “In time my dear, I’m sure you yourself will become enough of a jungle gym. “ She smiled and reached forward running her fingers through his hair. “Don’t worry so much about what it is. I’m not even sure I want to know, but you can find out if you want. Just don’t tell me.”  She said pulling back and wrapping her hands over the bump protruding from her midsection. 

“Alright, I’ll calm down about it, but we still need to paint.” Jiyong reminded her.

“Then we go with a neutral colour, green, or yellow, light blue maybe, red? Orange. We have options baby.” She said looking up as her name was called. Jiyong stood quickly and helped her up, taking her hands and pulling her toward him.  “You’re going to get over that so fast.” Chaerin .

“What, pulling you into my arms?” He asked, taking her hand. “Never.”  He added with a grin, holding the door for her as they walked back to the office.  Once there he helped her up onto the table and sat next to her. “I think green.” He said, once the nurse had left.

“Green is good, I like green. Green or light blue are actually my favorite options.” Chaerin said, nodding and rubbing her stomach.

“Whatever you want baby. Just say the word and I’ll make it happen.”  Jiyong smiled and kissed her hand.  It was only a few moments later when the doctor came in to start the examination. Jiyong watched Chaerin, amused as she refused to open her eyes and look at the screen.  He perked slightly when the doctor asked if they wanted to know the of the baby.  “Chae doesn’t, but is there a way you can tell me?”  He asked, and then laughed as his beautiful wife ripped her hands away from his and clamped them over her ears.

~*~

Jiyong chewed on his lip the entire drive home.  He had been so excited to know the of his child that he didn’t think about the aftermath and not being able to talk to Chaerin about it if she didn’t want to know.  Chaerin occasionally would look over at him, shaking her head with a knowing smile. “I think I should just let you stew in this.” She said with a grin. “I know you’re dying to tell me.”

“I am kitten, but I’m a good boy, I can hold it in.”

“You could tell someone else.” Chaerin shrugged. “Just not your parents, your mom will tell me the second she sees me.”  She snorted.

“That is very true,” Jiyong agreed. “Maybe I’ll call Taeyang, and tell him.” He thought out loud. “Or maybe you could just let me tell you.” He smiled sweetly at her.

“Or maybe you could just live with your decision.” Chaerin smiled right back at him.

“Touche my dear. Touche.”