Step 2

Baby Steps

Davichi - Because I Miss You Today


Bird chirping in the park. The winter wind blows through the van window, make one of them wake up.

Chi groaning as she sit up, still with unamused face. She looked in everything, Jongin is still sleeping in the other bed beside her. She sighed. She remember last night.
She decided to stand up and make the bed. After its done, she looked at Jongin still with his suit, look exhausted. She go straight to the cabinet, looking for tea.

You think a 6 years old girl making tea is impossible? Well, for Chi, it is not. Her dad had been sick even before she was born, and her mother was disappear. So, she had to learnt to live for her dad and herself.

In a couple of minutes, the tea is done. She took one of them and sip it slowly, it still hot. She exhaled and smiling.

“He should wake up in this time.” Chi looked at the clock in the van, 7.00 a.m. “Is he doesn’t have any job?”

Chi start put her hand in Jongin shoulder, start tapping them couple of times.
“Jongin op- “ She startled, Jongin start moved his body and sit up.
His eyes still closed, he groaned, “Hey.” With flat tone. Chi just nooded and get away.

“Wake up, it’s already 7. “ Chi talk to him, Jongin nodded and start walking into the cabinet room, He saw the tea Chi had prepared, and stare at it. “I already make a tea for you.” Jongin seems shocked, because his eyes became big as he looked at her. She just looked at him. Jongin understand and start sipping it couple of times, and then drink it in one glass, He put the glass at the washbasin.

“Thankyou, Chi.” Jongin say it without smile, Chi nodded and looked at the van door.
“You, you doesn’t have any job?”
“No.” Jongin took the van key and going to the driver sofa, and he turn on the van. Chi smiling as she put her tea on the washbasin and running to the right side of the van chair, sitting beside him.

“Where we will go?”
“Shut up. I will tell you later.” Chi nodded as she feel the van start moving, she giggled loudly.

The van moving, the sun is shining warmly, the peoples is start to go to school, working, or start exercising. The van moved to the seaside town where the road is empty and there’s more empty parking lot with a many store that just open, the sea is in front of their eyes.

“Can i open the window, please?” Chi pleading to Jongin, with eyes still on the road, Jongin said, “No.” Chi sighed. “Please, can i? just this time.”

Jongin sighed and he open the van window, the winter wind blow to their van, Jongin shivering but Chi seems doesn’t care. She shout happily and start to off her head in the window.
“You know, I never saw see before.” Chi shouted at Jongin, still looked at the sea.
“But because of you, I can! Finally! Thankyou!”

Jongin just smiling see Chi attitude, and continue to driving.

“Where we will go?” Chi looked at the parking lot they had just parking the van. Beside the parking lot, she can see some stores, like groceries store, book store, toy store, clothes store.
Chi following Jongin that entered the clothes store.

“Are you gonna buy some new clothes?”
“Yes, for you.” Jongin pull Chi hand and take her to the kids clothes station.

Chi just smiling seeing her hands. In Jongin hand.

“Choose yours. Just 4 pieces, okay?” Jongin release his hand and take his wallet, and give something thin and shapes rectangle to her, without saying any word, he looks like will leave.
“Ya. What is-“ Jongin stare at her.
“Don’t shouted at me.” Chi groaned.
“You say I cant call you oppa, remember?” Chi smirked, and giggling. Jongin just sighed, “What then?”
“What is this?”
“That’s a credit card, stupid. Choose 4 of them then go to the cashier and give that to them. Meet me in the groceries store beside this store. I go.” Jongin finished his word and start running out from the store. Chi just stare at the door still confused.

“God, Jongin oppa is so egoistic. “She think. “Tch. But I can freely choose 4 clothes yeay!”

Chi running to the kids clothes station and start picking. In 30 minutes, she goes to the cashier and pointed her foot so she can put her clothes.

“Yong-ah! Who clothes this is?!!” The Cashier staff asking, Chi know they maybe doesn’t she her, so she shouted,
“Agassi! It’s mine!! Down here~~” Chi shouted, the staff  look at the source, and then smile.
“Oh, annyeong little girl. So, this is your clothes?”
“Yes.”
“Oh my god, you’re so cute. “ The staff smiled at her, she smiled back. “And you buy so much clothes too.”
“My… oppa tell me to buy 4. So I buy 4 pieces.”
“Oh, really? So, where’s your oppa?”
“He go to the groceries store.” Chi looked her clothes that being scanned by the staff, she saw the staff tag name, “Jung….Y-yo…Ong.” She smiled. “Jung Yong.”
“Oh?” The staff looked at Chi, and then to her tag name, she laughed. “It’s my name. Jung Yong. But you can call me Yong. “
“Eonni?” Chi giggled. Yong nodded.

“So, all 632.400 won.” Chi gived Yong the card.
“I….my oppa tell me to just give this to the cashier when I will pay. I don’t know how to use that.”
Yong nodded. “Oh. This is credit card. If you don’t have cash, you can use this.”
Chi nodded while she looked carefully at what Yong did, she give Chi a pen and bill.
“Here. Sign anything in here. Your name.”
Chi nodded. 

“Oh, so you’re name is Lee-“
“Lee Chi! I have been waiting for you in my van but you never show up.” A man shouted at Chi and then Yong and Chi see who is it.
“Jongin-ah!”
“Yong?” Jongin see Yong confused, then smiled.
“I found this cute girl confused over a credit card and I was wondered who was his crazy oppa who dare to leave his cute sister and you….so this is her?” Yong laughed happily, Jongin just nodded.
“Who is this??” Say Chi to Jongin.
“This is Yong. My childhood friend.” Say Jongin.
“I was buyed some groceries for dinner.” Say Jongin, “Do you want to come in? I parked beside this stores.
“Off course. My shift 20 minutes will end. Just go to the van and I will go later.” Yong nodded and smiled.
Jongin take Chi hand, his card and Chi clothes. And then say bye to Yong and went to the van.

“Here.” Jongin give the clothes to Chi. Chi take it.
“Wear one of them and take a bath. Can you?”
Chi shaked her head. “ No.” “Can you wash me?” Chi pleased to him. “Please?”

“Okay.”

Chi yelled happily and take her towel to the bathroom, while Jongin follow her behind and close the door.


It was rain when Jongin and Chi finishing take a bath together for first time, they both cold.
“Rrrahh…..so cold!!!” Chi yelled while she go to the mirror, she the shadow of her self in there, in black t-shirt and jeans skirt.
“Erghm. Chi?”
“Ne?”
“Can…can you make the tea you was making this morning? It was so…good.” Jongin smiled shyly to her. Chi nodded.
“Okay. Don’t be shy.” Chi giggled as she running to the cabinet room.


Meanwhile, in some other place.

 “Foster..do you mean for that child?”

“Off course, who else?”

“But, Jongin already got her, so we don’t need to do that.”

“I have some personal reason why we have to put that child to that home.”

She sighed as she sipped the lime tea. And then smiling.

“The reason is … More close that girl to Jongin, more far our chance to get that heirloom.”