Five

Glad I Met You

"Uh, Sehun?" 
A tiny voice shook Sehun and Jongin out of their moment. Sehun pulled away with a big smile, both hands on Jongin's face. The latter was staring at the shaking boy, rubbing soft circles on his sides in an attempt to calm him down. 
"Sehun?" The voice asked again. Sehun looked over to see Luhan by the door, a jacket in his hand. 
"Luhan..."
Jongin's eyes widened as he heard Luhan's name. "Oh! So this is the roommate who called me!" Jongin went over and stuck his hand out, forcing a blushing Luhan to shyly shake it. 
"Ah, yea, that's me. It's nice to meet you." 
"Nice to meet you, too!" 
"Uh, I'm sorry to interrupt the reunion, but Yixing is still waiting for me, so I have to go. You can stay here if you want, Sehun." 
Nodding, Sehun went over to Luhan. "I'm sorry, Lu. I know you wanted me to meet your friends..."
"It's fine! They'll understand. You can meet them another day. We do go to the same school, after all." Luhan opened the door and stepped out. "I'll see you later? I hope to see you again, Jongin!"
"Yea, see you later, hyung." 
The second Luhan closed the door, Jongin came over and hugged Sehun from behind. "I can see why you like him." 
Sehun let out the tears he didn't know he had been holding and turned around in Jongin's hold, burying his face in Jongin's shoulder. "Why do bad things always happen to me?" Sehun sobbed. 
Jongin gripped Sehun tighter. He hated seeing his best friend this way and he wanted to do nothing more than to stop the tears. Leading Sehun over to Sehun's bed, he sat them down and placed Sehun's head in his lap, his hair as his friend clutched at his shirt and sobbed until his body was shaking uncontrollaby. A few tears found their way into Jongin's eyes but he blinked them away because he knew he had to be strong for Sehun. 
"I'm so sorry, Sehun. I'm so sorry I wasn't here to help you through this." 
Sehun sniffed and looked up at Jongin with puffy eyes. "It's not your fault. It's mine. I shouldn't have confessed." 
"Sehun, stop! It's not your fault, okay? It's his!" 
"But Jongin, it's not!" 
"Stop defending him! You didn't break your own heart. He did! So you should be mad at him! I'm pissed! I'm so angry at him that he did this to you!" Jongin yelled. Sehun began to sob even louder when Jongin raised his voice. "Oh , Sehun, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to yell. I just...I hate seeing you like this. It breaks my heart every time you cry." 
Sehun gripped Jongin's shirt tighter, trying desperately to calm himself down. "Thank you for being here." 
Jongin smiled, moving the hair stuck to Sehun's forehead. "It's no problem. I wouldn't do it for anyone else in the world." 
The two stay like that for a while. It's quiet, except for the soft sniffles coming from Sehun. Jongin continues to his hair, waiting for the other to tire himself out. 
"Jongin?" 
"Yea?"
" I should've went through with my plan all those years ago. I could've saved everyone the trouble of having to deal with me.
Grabbing Sehun by the shoulders and making him sit up, Jongin looked straight into Sehun's wide eyes. "Don't you ever say that again! Ever!" 
"Jongin-"
"No! Please don't start thinking like that again! I don't ever want to lose you! Even if I'm the only person, that's all that should matter! I love you so much, Sehun, and I'm happy you didn't go through with it!" 
Sehun pressed his lips together and hung his head down. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have said that. I'm so sorry." 
"Sh, it's okay." Jongin laid Sehun back down in his lap. "Get some rest, Sehun. I can tell you've had it pretty rough these past few days." 
"Okay. Thanks again, Jongin." Sehun closed his eyes and fell asleep instantly and it was then that Jongin allowed himself to cry, at least a little. 



                                                                                     ~*~*~*~



Jongin didn't know how long he stayed on Sehun's bed, watching the other sleep, but it must've been a long time because the sun had already begun to set. He was surprised that the other boy could sleep for so long, but knew that he must be exhausted. Jongin didn't mind just sitting in the room, listening to the soft breathing coming from Sehun. He just wanted to be there for the boy. 
Jongin was startled when he heard keys from outside the door before opening. Luhan stepped in, looking slightly concerned. "Luhan. You're back." 
"Oh, yea, classes just ended. Is Sehun...is he okay?" 
Jongin looked down at the sleeping boy. "He's fine. He was just really tired. He hasn't woken up since this morning." 
"He's slept that long? That's so much! I got worried when he didn't meet me after class, but I assumed he was just with you..." 
"Luhan, can I talk to you?" 
The older boy looked at Jongin, feeling slightly scared at what he wanted to say to him. "Uh, I guess." 
"Let's go in the hall. I don't want to wake up Sehun." 
Luhan nodded and Jongin carefully moved Sehun so that he was laying on the bed. Motioning Luhan to follow him, they both stpped out into the hall. Luhan leaned against the wall. "So what did you want to talk about." 
Jongin ran his fingers through his hair before glaring at Luhan. "You know exactly what I want to talk about."
"What?" 
"Do you really not know? Or are you just playing dumb?"
"I really don't know!"
Jongin groans in frustration and marches over to Luhan, trapping him against the wall. "About Sehun?"
"Sehun?"
"Oh my god, I'm gonna have to tell you everything, aren't I?" Luhan gapes at him, and Jongin just scoffs. "Fine. I'll tell you everything. About why I'm here. About why I really want to punch you but can't because that would make Sehun mad at me." 
"O-okay." 
"You know that Sehun can't really deal with people, right?" Luhan nods. "Good, at least you know something. Sehun has been this way ever since I met him when we were kids. It took me forever to get him to open up to me but it was worth it. Sehun is the greatest person ever. I've always encouraged him to make friends and open up to people. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. When ever he got turned by someone, his spirit got crushed and he would spend hours crying. I would always be there calming him down. He got over it a little bit when we entered high school, but something happened and he hit rock bottom." Jongin paused letting Luhan absorb the information. 
"What happened to him?" 
"I'm not sure that I should be telling you this, but I'm going to anyways because you need to understand what you did to him okay? When we were in our junior year of high school, Sehun met someone. He was really good to Sehun and would make him feel special. Sehun ended up falling for him. I saw this coming so I did my best to warn him what could happen because I knew how the person he liked was. He didn't listen to me and ended up trying to kiss him, but turned out the guy was just using him to get someone else jealous."
Luhan gasped and covered his mouth with both hands. "Oh no! Who would do that to Sehun?"
"It broke Sehun. He would stay up crying. His grades dropped and he would never eat! I tried my best to help him but nothing seemed to work. One day, I found a letter in my locker written by Sehun. It was a suicide note. He told me everything that he planned to do and exactly what he was going to do to kill himself and what time." Jongin felt a lump forming in his throat as he remembered what happened. "I-I left school and ran to his house and hoped that I wasn't to late. I got to his house just a minute after he wrote down in the letter and found him in his room passed out with an empty bottle of pills next to him. I freaked out and called an ambulance. We got to the hospital and thankfully they were able to save Sehun, but he was never really the same after that. He closed himself even more, only letting me in. Sometimes even I wouldn't be able to talk to him. Sehun has had a hard life and he always thinks of himself as a burden even though he isn't!" 
"I-I had no idea it was that bad...I wish I knew." 
"Would it have changed anything?"
"What?"
"Would you still have rejected him?"
"I...I don't know."
"Look, Luhan. I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I just want you to know exactly how fragile Sehun is. You know what he told me today? He told me that if just went through with his plan, then people wouldn't have to deal with him." 
Luhan shakes his head, guilt forming in his chest. Jongin steps back and crosses his arms, satisfied that Luhan understands the seriousness of the situation. "Why would he think that? He's such a great person!"
"I know he is, hyung. I know he is." 
Suddenly, the door to the room opens and a tired Sehun peeks his head out. "Lu? Jongin? What are you guys doing out here?" 
"Nothing, Sehun!" Jongin raises an eyebrow at Luhan, trying to tell him to go along with his story. "We were just talking out here. We didn't want to wake you up." 
"Yea, Sehunnie! Are you feeling rested?" 
A small smile appears on Sehun's face. "Yea, I feel much better. I'm kinda hungry though." 
"Oh, I'll order us some food! Jongin, you go back in with Sehun. I'll call from out here." 
"Okay, sure. Let's go, Sehun!" 
The two disappear inside the room, leaving Luhan outside. Luhan drops to his knees and puts his head down in his lap. ", I messed up. I ing messed up." 


 


I know I've been gone for so lonnngggggg. But I'm back you guys! 
This chapter is probably not as long as you want and not as exciting, but seriously it's needed. I promise you guys. 
I will be hopefully updating regularly now. 
Hope you guys enjoyed!