One

Glad I Met You

"Mom, don't cry!" Sehun was sitting on his already made bed in his new college dorm room. He had arrived a few hours before and registering and unpacking had been exhausting, so he was enjoying just lazing around before he had to go downstairs and socialize with people.
"But my b-baby is g-gone!" 
Sighing, Sehun flopped onto his back, putting an arm behind his head. "I'll be home every vacation! You can call me whenever you want! Plus we can video chat!"
"It's not the same!"
Suddenly, someone begins banging on Sehun's door. "Mom, I have to go. Someone's trying to break in." 
"Wha-!" 
Sehun hangs up before his mom can answer and gets off his bed. Opening the door, he's greeted by a guy slightly shorter than him smiling brightly. Sticking out his hand, the guy introduces himself. 
"Hi! My name is Joonmyun! I'm the resident advisor."
Slightly surprised, Sehun slowly shakes his hand. "Uh, I'm Sehun." 
"It's great to meet you!" They stand there in awkward silence for awhile. "Oh, yea! I was wondering why you weren't downstairs?" 
"What?" 
Joonmyun holds out a packet of papers with Sehun's name printed at the top. "Yea, student orientation was an hour ago, and you're the only one who missed it, so I was wondering what happened?" 
Holding up a finger, Sehun quickly runs back into his room and fishes through his trash can looking for the schedule given to him by a student volunteer. When he finds the bright yellow paper crumpled at the bottom, he opens it and scans it looking for the orientation Joonmyun was talking about. 
Student Orientation: 7pm-8pm 
Sehun's eyes widen before running back to where Joonmyun was waiting. "Crap, I'm sorry! Maybe I should actually read the papers you give me." Joonmyun chuckles. 
"It's all right, don't worry about it. But I'm about to go to a party right now and most of the guys in the dorm are going. Want to come?" 
Sehun shifts in his spot, suddenly feeling like he can't breath. "That's a lot of people." 
"Well, it's a great way to meet new people! Come on, it'll be fun!" 
"No, Joonmyun, you don't understand, I really can't be around that many people." 
"But why?" Joonmyun looks confused, not getting what Sehun is talking about. "It'll be fun, let's go!" Joonmyun grabs Sehun's wrists before pulling him out his room, the door slamming behind Sehun. 
"Please, let me go!" 
"I'm doing this for you own good! Your roommate isn't here yet, so you're going to need someone to hang out with!" Joonmyun turns aroung giving Sehun a smile, missing the terrified look plastered on his face. 
Eventually, they exit the dorm building, cold air hitting Sehun in the face, and he begins to feel light-headed. 
This is going to be a long night. 



                                                                                                                                   ~*~



 

"Joonmyun? Joonmyun, where are you?"
The second he arrives at the party, Sehun finds himself alone. He's thrown into a crowd of drunk people dancing and grinding on each other and the need to pass out is overwhelming. 
Pushing his way past people, Sehun finally finds himself out of the crowd and onto the other side of the party, where there's a significantly less amount of people. 
Leaning against the wall, Sehun takes deep breaths, trying to calm down a bit. A few people try to talk to him, but when they see that he's not much of a talker, they walk away, trying to find someone who's actually entertaining. 
Sehun has always been this way. It's hard for him to make friends, and he frequently has anxiety attacks at the thought of being in social situations. He has one good friend by the name of Jongin he met in elemantary school. They both shared the same passion for dancing, but they were separated when Jongin was offered a spot on a dance team touring around America and given the stage name Kai. 
Pulling out his phone, he sent a text message to Jongin hoping he would be able to calm him down. 
Forced to come to a party. Please help. 
Throwing his head back, he stared up at the ceiling when he felt his phone vibrate in his hand. He sighed in relief when he saw it was from Jongin. 
Don't worry too much about it. Try to enjoy yourself. If anything happens, call me immediately. 
Strangely enough, Sehun felt a lot better. Staring at the crowd in front of him, he smiled at the way everyone seemed to be having fun. 
"Hey y." A raspy voice breaks Sehun from his stare. "What are you doing here all by yourself?" 
Sehun looks at the man talking to him. He's really tall, and has bulging muscles. His hair is cut short and tattoos are spread all over his arms. "Oh, I just wanted to stand here." 
"Well, come on. Let's go join the party!" 
"I don't want to, it's okay!" 
The man seems to get annoyed by this and grabs Sehun by the wrist. "Listen here, I'm not asking you. I'm telling you what you're going to do." For the second time that night, Sehun is dragged by his wrist. The man takes him into the middle of the crowd, and turns him around grabbing him by the waist. 
"Dance for me." Shocked, Sehun just stands there. "I said dance!" 
"I don't...please, I want to go back to my room!" 
"Well, you're not unless you dance for me!" Sehun begins to feel lightheaded again, and the room is beginning to spin. Stumbling on his feet, the man lets go of his waist, and grabs him by the arm. "Stop tripping!" 
Sehun looses his footing and falls forward, the only thing holding up is the man, who quickly gets irritated by Sehun and lets him fall to the floor. People quickly back away from him, leaving him on the floor. 
"Holy , are you okay?" Looking over to the voice, Sehun is face to face with a boy whose features are soft and angelic-like. "Here, let me help you up." Grabbing Sehun by the shoulders, he quickly sits him up before wrapping Sehun's arm around his shoulders. Still feeling lightheaded, Sehun can barely form sentences. 
"My room. I want...my room." The guy seems to understand and nods his head, expertly weaving his way through the crowd. 
"Oh my god, what happened to him?" Sehun sees Joonmyun running over to them, someone trailing right behind him. 
"Someone dragged him onto the dance floor, and he collapsed, I guess. I don't know why, though."  
Joonmyun looks really upset. "Sehun, I'm sorry! I should've listened to you when you said you wanted to stay home." Sehun just shakes his head, not trusting himself to speak at the moment. 
"I'm going to take him to his room. Do you know where that is?" 
Joonmyun quickly nods. "Yea, it's in the dorm way across campus. He's in room 508." 
The boy's eyes widen. "No way! That's where I was placed!" 




                                                                                                               ~*~


Sehun's calmed down enough by the time they reach the dorm. Walking inside, he sends a quick text to Jongin telling him what happened, before putting his phone away. Looking over to the guy who's name he found out is Luhan, he bows his head. 
"Thanks for what you did back there." 
Surprised that Sehun is actually talking to him, Luhan only nods his head. Walking up to their room in silence, their steps echo into the quiet building. 
"How come you weren't here earlier?" 
"Hm?" 
"Well, you weren't here for registration and I didn't see you when I was in the room. How come you were so late?" 
"Oh, I'm a Chinese exchange student! Our plane was delayed four hours so we arrived a lot later than we should've. One of the other guys was with Joonmyun at the party. His name is Yixing. He's here for the dance program." 
"Wait, so you're all here for the performing arts academy."
Nodding his head, Luhan looks over to Sehun, excitement in his eyes. "Yea! I'm here for the choir and the solo singers program. I was so excited I finally got accepted this year." 
"You were rejected last year?" 
"Unfortunately, yes. I took a year off, practicing everyday hoping I would be good enough to get in and here I am!" 
"That's really good for you, Luhan. Maybe I'll meet Yixing soon. I'm in the dance program as well." 
"Oh, that's great! He's a really good guy, and such an amazing dancer! Trust me, he'll do great!" 
Finally arriving at their door, Sehun inserts his key, pushing it open and stepping inside the dark room. Both of them make their way to their beds, peeling off their clothes. Way too tired to change into pajamas, Sehun and Luhan get into bed in nothing but boxers. 
Right before they're about to fall asleep, Sehun's phone begins to vibrate loudly on his nightstand. 
"I ing swear that better be one damn important call, Sehun. " 
Grumbling, Sehun grabs his phone, answering without looking who it is. 
"Hello?"
"Are you okay? What happened? Did someone help you? Sehun, answer me!" 
Sighing, Sehun rolls off his bed and into the bathroom, ready to answer every single question Jongin has. 
Sehun didn't go to sleep until three hours later. 

 


Hello :) Hope you enjoyed this first chapter!