Four

Glad I Met You

"That was fun!" Sehun and Luhan had finally gotten back to their dorm room after having dinner with Yixing and both of them were extremely tired. Flopping onto Sehun's bed, Luhan motioned towards the younger. "Sehunnie! Come here!" 
"Uhm, why?" 
"Because I'm bored." 
Shifting from one foot to the other, Sehun bit his lip, debating whether or not to join Luhan. In the end, he decided that it wouldn't be good idea and sat on Luhan's bed. "Ahh, that's okay, Luhan."
Pouting, Luhan crossed his arms over his chest and rolled over so that he was facing away from Sehun. "I thought you were my friend."
"I-I am your friend! But I'm not just going to cuddle with you just because you're bored." 
"Well, if you were a true friend you would!" 
Sighing, Sehun fell onto Luhan's pillow, hiding his face in it. He desperately wanted to go over there and hold Luhan all night, but the other didn't feel the same way that Sehun felt about him, so he didn't want to hurt himself. It was extremely frustrating for Sehun to be sharing rooms with someone who had no idea what personal space was. It wasn't that Sehun really minded. It's just that whenever Luhan would so much as look towards Sehun, he would blush and feel his heart pounding. "I'm sorry, Lu. If you want we could go do something?"
All of a sudden, Luhan sat up in bed. "I have an idea!" 
Looking up from the pillow, Sehun's eyes widened at the look on Luhan's face. "Lu...what are you thinking?" 
"Don't ask! Just follow me!" 
"Luhan, tell me what you're plan-Hey, Luhan!" Sehun was pulled up from the bed by Luhan's skinny fingers. Throwing open the door, Luhan ignored the startled looks of the other students that were coming home from the night. Behind Luhan, Sehun threw out apologies to everyone who seemed to be staring at them. They reached the stairs and Luhan began to climb them with Sehun in tow. 
Panting and desperately trying to keep up, Sehun had to concentrate on his feet in fear that he was going to fall. "Luhan! Where are we going?"
"You'll see!" 
The other showed no sign of stopping and Sehun's lungs felt like they were about to explode when Luhan came to an arubpt stop, causing Sehun to lose his footing. Catching his breath, Sehun placed his hands on his knees, trying to get some air back in his lungs. "What...What a-are we doing here?" 
"We're here to see that stars!" 
"What?" Looking up, Sehun saw that Luhan had dragged him to the roof. In front of them was a door with a sign painted in red letter ROOF ACCESS. "You want to go out there? At night? We didn't even bring sweaters!" 
"That's okay! We can use our body warmth to heat each other up." 
"Wait, no!" Before Sehun could protest anymore, Luhan had pushed the door open and turned back to grab Sehun again. The cold air hit Sehun, giving him goosebumps and causing him to violently shiver. "L-Luhan! It's f-freezing!" 
"Aww, my poor Sehunnie! Come here." Luhan held out his arms in front of him.
Against his better judgement, Sehun walked to Luhan and let the other wrap his arms around him. Hearing the steady heart beat of the older made Sehun feel calm and he really didn't want to be anywhere else at the moment except in the arms of the person he was starting to fall for. 
"Hey, Sehun?" 
"Hmm?" 
"Look at the sky. You can actually see the stars for once." 
Looking up, Sehun gasped as he saw the amount of stars that were up in the sky that night. Usually in the city you were lucky to see a few, but right now, the star was full of them. He stepped away from Luhan and walked towards the edge of the building, trying to get a closer look at the lights that seemed just out of reach. 
Something about that night seemed special to Sehun. He felt as if everything that had happened to him before never existed. He felt like he was someone people wanted to be around. He felt confident for once. 
That's why Sehun turned around and didn't stop walking until he reached Luhan who was currently looking up at the sky. He grabbed Luhan by the shoulders and made him face Sehun. "Sehun?"
"I like you."
Luhan didn't say anything for a few seconds. "You don't like me, Sehun."
"What? Yes, I do. Luhan, I've never felt what I'm feeling for you before. It scares me, but I know that what I'm feeling is true. I really do like you." 
Luhan grabbed the hands on his shoulders and held them in his hands. "Oh, Sehun. That's really nice and all...but I can't accept what you're saying."
"Oh..."
"It's not you! I really like you, but as a friend. I worked way too hard to get into this school to be distracted by a relationship." Sehun took a step backward at Luhan's words. "Oh god, that sounded horrible. That's not what I mean! I just want to focus on getting settled into the college life." 
"T-that's fine, I guess."
"I'm sorry, Sehun. I don't want anything to change between us. I really enjoy being your friend."
"Yea, yea. It's fine, Luhan. Can we just go back to the room now? It's really cold."
"Okay. We can do that."


                                                                                                       ~*~*~*~



Sehun held his phone up to his ear, waiting for the call to go through. 
"Sehun!" 
"He rejected me!" Sehun had waited until Luhan was asleep to go out into the hall and call Jongin. He had been holding back tears, but hearing Jongin's voice made him break down. "He rejected me and it hurts and I don't know what to do!" 
"Slow down, Sehun, please! Now, explain to me what happened.."
Between sniffs, Sehun managed to tell Jongin what happened. "Well, we went to dinner with another friend, and afterwards we went onto the roof to hang out, and then, I don't know what happened, but I needed to confess to him so I did. He said he couldn't accept my feelings. And now I feel like crap, and I just...it's times like this when I really need you with me Jongin."
"Oh, Sehun..I'm really sorry. This is what I was worried about happening. God, I should've talked to him. Maybe he wouldn't have hurt you."
"It's not his fault. I should've known that he would want to spend his college years not having to worry about someone like me."
"Sehun! Don't say something like that!" 
"But you know its true! See, this is why I don't get attatched to people! I always get hurt in the end!"
"Did I end up hurting you?"
Sehun wiped his tears and slid down the wall. "Yea. I did."
"O-oh. Uh, how?"
"Well, when you decided to go with your dance team instead of college with me. But seriously, don't worry about it, Jongin. I get why you did it."
"Wow, I didn't know you felt that way.."
"God, Jongin. I really, really miss you." 
"That guy doesn't know what he let go, Sehun. You'll see me soon. We'll be able to hang out again."
"I hate being like this. More than anyone could ever know."



                                                                                                               ~*~*~*~


 

It had been two days since Sehun confessed to Luhan, and both of them were acting like nothing had happened. At first Luhan had tried to act careful around Sehun, but the younger one was really good at pretending as if he wasn't heartbroken, so eventually Luhan went back to the way he was before. 
"Ya, Sehun! Get up! You're going to be late!"
Groaning, Sehun sat up slowly. "I don't want to go today. I'm too tired."
"Come on! I promised Yixing that I would meet up with him for breakfast! Plus, I want you to meet my other friends!"
"Do I really have to do that? You know I don't really like meeting new people?" 
Luhan crossed his arms over his chest. "Sehun. How are you going to get over this shyness of yours if you don't try?"
"It's not shyness!" 
Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Luhan began walking over. "See, that's probably Yixing. He probably got tired of us making him wait so long." 
Sehun dove under the covers again, happy to get a little bit longer to rest. He heard Luhan open the door. "Oh, hello!" 
"Hi. Is Sehun here?" 
Sehun's heart stopped at the voice coming from the door. "J-jongin," Sehun whispered from under the covers.
"Yea, Sehun's in here. May I ask who you are?"
"I'm Kim Jongin." 
Leaping off the bed, Sehun ran over to Jongin. "You're here!" He leapt onto Jongin, wrapping his arms around his neck. When he felt Jongin's arms wrap around his waist, he felt tears in his eyes. "You're really here.."
"I'm here, Sehun." 

 


School is just the worst thing ever, I'm so sorry. I know this chapter but I really wanted to update, so here you go. 
I hope you guys enjoyed.