Chapter 23

Blood Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 23

 

 

"W-what? Hana, what the hell are you talking about?!"

I sighed as i rubbed my temple. "I owe him a favor, okay? He... he likes someone, so he uses me to get her jealous. We're not dating, i swear. He's a... family friend, kind of. He took care of me when my parents died. He's the only family i have right now. Please, Jonghyun, you gotta believe me. Without him... i would be dead. I owe him for saving me".

Jonghyun sighed, but nodded. "I understand. I just..." He sighed again and put his hand on my cheek as he looked down at me. "I just wish i knew you before he did. I could have been the one helping you get through when your parents were killed. I wish it was me. I'm sorry i've been a jerk. I guess... i am a little jealous, seeing how much time you spend with him. But i get it now. He helped you when you had no one else, so for that... i guess i should thank him".

We both looked up when we heard someone chuckle. Of course it was Jiyong. Jonghyun immediatelly stepped away from me. "Never thought the day would come when you wanted to thank me" Jiyong stepped next to me and smirked at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun closed his eyes and sighed. He then opened them, and tried his best to give Jiyong a friendly smile. "I don't like you one bit, but i love Hana, so therefore... thank you for taking care of her".

Jiyong shrugged as he looked at me with a smile on his face. "It's my pleasure" He looked back at Jonghyun. "It really is".

Jonghyun nodded. "I have class now, but... Hana, you're doing something after school?"

I looked at Jiyong who nodded. I sighed and looked back at Jonghyun. "Sorry..."

He smiled. "It's okay. We'll talk at school tomorrow. Bye, Hana. Bye... Jiyong" And then he walked away.

Jiyong stepped in front of me with his arms crossed. "You consider me family?" 

"Well, i had to tell him something! And you shoud really stop listening on other people!"

"I will when they stop talking about me" He smirked as we walked towards class together. "But really... do you think of me as family?"

"Are you kidding? You didn't actually believe that, right? How can i think that about someone who murdered my family, almost ruined the relationship between the few people i love and drinks my blood? Screw it, Jiyong, i'm your slave, not your family, like your sister is".

"Ouch" He said as he opened the door for me. "So much for being hunters together".

 

 

I sighed as Jiyong stared at the tv, with the console just lying in his hand. He had been starting the game over and over again for 20 minutes now. He didn't even put up a fight, he just let himself be killed. And it was probably because of what i said today at school. I had felt guilty the moment i said it, and i still do, but why? Jiyong has caused me a lot of pain, so why do i feel this way? It's not normal. But either way, whether Jiyong had a heart or not, he was... hurt.

 

I took a deep breath and moved closer to him. "Sorry".

He immediately paused the game and looked at me. "Sorry for what?"

"I'm sorry for what i said today. I didn't mean it".

"So..." He put the console down on the table and looked at me. "You do think of me as family?"

"I can't say that, but... i like you, Jiyong. And although i haven't said it before, i think of you as a... friend. What i said about you rescuing me, was all true. If it hadn't been for you, i would have died".

He smiled. "Well, it was all you who made me not to kill you. If you hadn't, i would have killed you" He moved closer to me and put his hand on my leg, moving in it circles as he continued going up. "Since you're honest with me, i'll be honest with you. I would have been bored to death if i hadn't met you. It was always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter