I'm Not Okay

I'll be over you Soon

She giddily went inside her room, expecting a call from Woohyun.

 

The next morning, she heard the loud kringing of her alarm clock. She shifted in her sleep, groaning before hesistating to shut the alarm down.

She glanced at her clock. Her eyes widened seeing that it's 7:30am, her class starts in 8:00.

She reluctantly get up, fixed her bed then walked towards her bathroom.

 

 

 

After preparing for 15minutes, she looked at her phone.. 

He didn't call her nor messaged her.. Woohyun isn't like that. If Woohyun said he'll be calling indeed he will. But why now he didn't? 

Hyejin can't help not to worry. With a heavy sigh, she walked off to school.

 

 

She saw Woohyun as she entered their classroom having a conversation with Jooyeon and the others. She wanted to ask him if why he didn't call, but shrugged it off.

 

Maybe he was tired that's why. 

 

Yeah, maybe.. Hyejin thought assuring herself that everything is alright..

 

But when Hyejin passed by, Woohyun didn't even acknowledge her presence. She did wave at him but he just looked at her then back to Jooyeon..

 

She can't help but feel hurt, why is she feeling like this? She didn't do anything wrong right? Questions just keep rolling in her mind. It feels really weird.

 

 

 

Months has passed Woohyun is like avoiding her. He would act like nothing happened between them, like they didn't talked at all and Hyejin is getting more suspiscious.

 

The girls are having their practice for their audition for the dance club audition. They decided to take a break for a while. Hyejin and Eunyoung, one of her bestfriends, were on their way to the school canteen when Hyejin was hit by a rock. She saw Woohyun and Soojung eating together, they're laughing and exchanging smiles like they are on a date. Indeed Hyejin was hit by a rock, it's a metaphor! 

 

Eunyoung who is also one of Woohyun's bestfriend looked worriedly at Hyejin. 

"Hyejin-ah, don't look. Let's just eat later." pushing Hyejin, exiting the canteen.

 

"We saw Woohyun with that Soojung." Eunyoung bitterly said to the others. Eunyoung never liked Soojung for Woohyun for some reasons like because she don't feel like it.

Jooyeon walked towards Hyejin who is smiling. "What? I'm fine, really."

 

The truth is... 

 

NO SHE IS NOT. 

 

Hyejin is trying her best not to breakdown infornt of her friends, she doesn't want them to witness her being weak for a guy. But the events earlier are rolling back in her head, the way Woohyun is looking at Soojung, the way he smile at her, the atmosphere Hyejin feels between them. 

 

She just don't know what to feel anymore, she gave up. Minkyung being the eonnie who loves her dongsaeng hugged her tight.

"Sshh, it's okay. He is not worth of your tears anymore." Minkyung said as she soothed Hyejin. Hyejin is trying to cry silently, controlling her sobs. Everyone feels sorry for her, especially Eunyoung. Eunyoung knows that it's Hyejin's fault, but what? Hyejin is willing to fight for Woohyun this time. It's just weird that after Hyejin and Woohyun's talk, he is acting like this? And infront of Hyejin? It just doesn't make sense.

They resumed their practice after they confirmed that Hyejin is fine, at the moment. 

 

Hyejin is walking home alone occupied with her thoughts. She just can't put a finger on how Woohyun treated her earlier. She wonders if their is something between them. 

 

 

 

*BOGSH* Hyejin fell.

 

 

 

She wasn't aware that a post was infront of her and bumped her head.

"Aaiish. Stupid Hyejin." Frustrated, she ruffled hair hair when she suddenly heard someone chuckling infront of her.

 

"You sure are stupid not to look where you're going." Woohyun smiled at her.

 

It's like their first meeting, him witnessing her clumsiness. Her feelings are getting more complicated, now she feels happy and bemused. 

 

"I've been waiting for you. Why are you home just now,this late at night?" 

 

"I-i-I aaa, just wandered around before getting home." Hyejin said as she was trying to smile as normal as possible.

 

Woohyun just stared at her. He knows she's lying. Hyejin sometimes is really bad at hiding the obvious. He knows what her actions are, whenever she's lying. 

Hyejin is feeling uncomfortable by his stare. She just needs to be alone for a while. She tried to avoid his eyes.

 

"I-i-i.. I gotta go."  

 

 

 

 

"I heard from Eunyoung that you cried."

 

Hearing the word "cried" she stopped at her tracks eyes widened.

 

"Why did you cried? Maybe you can share it, don't worry I'm all ears" Woohyun smiled at her back.

Here we go again. Woohyun being the good guy he is. He always ask her what's the matter but Hyejin never expressed her feelings or her thoughts. For Hyejin, asking her what's wrong is not enough, she wants someone to sooth her. Someone to give her a warm comforting hug. 

 

But ofcourse she never said that to anyone. That's how Hyejin's pride is.

 

"It's nothing. It's just one of my family problems." She said still facing her back at Woohyun.

Woohyun knows best. 

 

When you lie, make sure it's not obvious.I know your family is in good terms."

 

She sighed heavily, tears threatening to fall.

 

"It's the truth." she managed to say.

 

"Then face me and tell me what happened." In this case Woohyun's temper is ticked off, but he can't because this is Hyejin. The girl who is weak when it comes to talking about her feelings.

 

The girl who he once loved so much.

 

Hyejin reluctantly turned to face Woohyun. It's an advantage that the streets of her house is dim, unable to see her watery eyes.

 

"You want the truth? Fine. I cried because I saw you and her eating together sharing loving stares. I saw how you smile while talking to her over the phone, how you looked at me when I said that Eunyoung are giving her glares...." She said in a soft, calm tone. Hyejin is keeping her stable self. Trying not to cry.

 

 

"I saw something in your eyes when you look at her that I didn't when you were with me.."

 

 

Woohyun was frozen on his place unable to process Hyejin's words.

 

 

"I thought you said you still love me and that you only like her? You said there is a difference." 

 

 

Woohyun still can't get the right words to say to her.. but he had to. Hyejin just stated a fact. He is falling for Soojung more. He gotta decide now.

 

 

For Hyejin's sake, and for Soojung aswell.

 

 

"You're right there is a difference." Woohyun started.

 

 

"You are Hyejin and she is Soojung."

 

 

Hyejin looked at Woohyun confused by his words.

 

 

 

"You are Hyejin who took me for granted over and over again, who played with my feelings. Despite that I still accepted you. But Soojung.." Woohyun inhaled before confirming the words his going to say.

 

 

"Soojung.. she never fails to make my heart flutter. I feel happy when i'm with her. She treats me better than you do."

 

Hyejin is ready for that.. she has been expecting it. But it still hurts.

 

Hyejin can't say another word..Woohyun can't too. 

 

Woohyun left after saying the words that hurts Hyejin's heart more. 

 

 

 

"I'm Sorry"