Apple

This Journey is Ours

Amber opens the door to their apartment, the keys jingle and she searches for any sign of Henry. She sighs as the events the day before reoccur in her head. All the screaming and the tears filled the complex. The events were already hazy and only a few parts could be remembered. The worst ones. It was either because of the alcohol or because the moments happened too quickly. Amber knew it was her fault. Henry was right.

Henry was the one who tried to keep their relationship from crumbling. Henry was the faithful one. He was the one sleeping alone when she was sleeping with someone else. He was always the one to admit his fault even if it was hers. He’s been covering her dirt to give way for love. He did it for love. She scans the living room and sees the room exactly the same way it was left.

 

Messy and broken. Like Henry’s heart, Amber presumes.

 

Scattered clothes trailing to the front door could be seen. Henry would never leave his clothes on the floor. Empty closets and missing toiletries welcome Amber as she checks the bedroom with a hoping heart that Henry didn’t do what she thought he just did. Her eyes well up with tears but she blinks them away. She did this. Not Henry. She doesn’t have the right to cry.

 

A letter stuck under an apple awaited her on the kitchen table, written in Henry’s handwriting.

 

I’m sorry…but i'm not saving you this time

 


a/n: for thos who don't get why there's an apple, it's because "apple" and "sorry" sounds the same in Korean (as so they say XD) i totally feel angsty today T.T (especially after reading 10080 by EXObubz)