Ch. 2

Snow Prints

Author’s POV

 

(In Her Dreams)

“Stupid girl.” A female voice echoed inside her dreams.

“No matter how many times you ask him, he’ll still say “no”.” the voice continued.

 “But you know what?  He said “yes” to me.” The voice snickered and laughter follows it.

 “No…” she said painfully with tearful eyes as tears starts to drip down her wet chin.

“Cause all you can do now is run.  Your choice, run or forever be in pain.” The female voice said in a pity tone.

 “Run…run…RUN!” the female voice said gradually getting louder and angrier.

 (Dream Ends)

 

Main Girl’s POV


“Uh…Where am I?”  I ask opening my eyes to see an unfamiliar room.

I looked around the room and knew that this is not my room.

I found myself under piles of thick fur blankets.

“What the heck?”  I ask pushing the piles of blankets off my body.

I stood up and examine myself for anything suspicious that might happen to me when I was asleep.

“Nope.  Nothing’s out of place.” I let go of my shirt and started to examine the room.

“I’ve got to get out of here.” I said feeling a bit uncomfortable in someone else’s room.

To my surprise, I’ve found that this room has more than one door.

“Uh…which door is the exit door?”  I asked standing in the middle of the room and looking around at each door in the middle of each wall of the room.

“Hm…left, right, front or back?”  I asked myself trying to guess which one is the right one.

 “I don’t know where this is, but I guess I have to open and see.” My lips were trembling with hopes of this not being like a drama where you open a door and see what you regret seeing.

I stepped up to the door on my right and breathe out my nervousness.

Twisting the knob of the right door while closing my eyes, I opened it and looked in.

Peeking with one eye, I could see a dark room with a night light and a lump on the bed.

“Hello?” I asked but heard only and saw movement on the bed.

“Uh…wrong room.  Sorry.” I said jumpily and closed the door right away.

“I guess right isn’t always right.  Maybe it’s the left door.”  I walked over to the left door on the other side of the room and placed my right hand on the knob.

“Please be an exit door.” I repeated this chant and twisted the knob.

“It’s locked!?!” I shouted in desperate of an exit door and kept twisting the knob.

I finally gave up on the left door and walked to the back door.

This time I wanted to make things fast and get out of here.

I opened the back door and found myself in the bathroom of this place.

“Then, the front door must be the one!” I whispered and ran to the front door to open it.

The door leads to the kitchen inside the living room of this unknown home.

“There’s the exit door!”  I rushed over to the door and quickly opened it.

“Ah!” screams were heard as I was face to face with the boy whom I met at bus 415 yesterday.

He was taller than me about 4 inches and he was wearing a black coat and black jeans.

“Oh, you’re awake?” he asked me as I stepped aside to let him in.

He was carrying grocery bags in his left hand.

“It’s you.” I said relieved of my thoughts that I was kidnapped.

He closed the door as I catch a glimpse of the snowy weather outside.

His hair was covered with snow and the bags were icy looking as he placed them on the kitchen counter.

“Thanks for helping me yesterday.”  I said walked up to the kitchen counter as he placed the foods in the fridge.

“No problem.  I should be saying thanks.  Or else I would be stuck at the bus stop.”  He closed the fridge and turned around to give me a soft smile.

“Oh.  I almost forgot.  Your phone.” He said searching his pants and coat for my phone.

Taking it out of his coat pocket, he handed to me with a smile.

“Oh thanks.” I grabbed it from him and quickly checked to see if anyone called me.

I saw many calls from unknown numbers in my received and dialed lists.

(And to think he was a good person, just a free loader.)  I thought giving him a fake smile.

“Well.  I have to go now.”  I said putting the phone in my pocket and started to walk towards the door.

“Not in this kind of weather.  It’s starting a blizzard out there.”  He said grabbing my hands to tug me back from the door.

I looked out the window and snow was practically flying everywhere and piling up quick.

I sighed in defeat and faced him.

“You could stay here…if you want.” He said walking back to the kitchen and taking out pots from the cabinet.

“Um.  No thanks.” I replied and took out my phone to call my friend to pick me up.

[Hello?] a female voice said.

[Hey, Tien Sa.  This is My Nhi.  Can you pick me up?] I replied while watching the unknown guy getting ingredients to cook something.

[Oh hey My Nhi.  I can’t.  My car quit working in this kind of weather.  Sorry.]  She replied as I sadly told her goodbye and closed my phone.

“Is there a bus running in the street today?” I asked him as he looked up from chopping carrots.

“In this kind of weather, no.” he replied and continued with his cooking.

“Oh.  I guess I’ll have to stay then.”  I said seating myself on the couch near the TV.

“So…what are you cooking?” I asked him smelling something yummy coming from the pots on the kitchen stove.

“Noodles and soups.”  He replied stirring the pots as I could hear my stomach grumbling.

“You want some help?”  I asked walking to the kitchen counter and seating myself on one of the chair.

“It’s okay.  I’m almost done anyways.”  He said taking out 4 bowls from the cabinet.

“Let me help you place them on the table.” I said rushing over to try and make myself more useful.

“Uh, it’s okay.” He said chuckling and not letting go of the bowls.

“No, it’s not.  Let me help.  I’m a useful free loader.” I said trying to tug the bowls away from his hands but unfortunately he lifted the bowls up high to the point where I had to tiptoe to reach the bowls.

“Thien Ka. Where’s the flu medicine?  I’m having gas problems.” A voice said as we both turned our heads to see a tall male wearing stripe shorts and a long sleeve Monokuro Boo nightgown shirt.

He looked pale with painful expressions on his face while grabbing his stomach.

“You mean your stomach medicine right?” Thien Ka said lowering the bowls to look at the closed eyes male in front of the door that leads to the room I was in a moment ago.

“Ah!  Whatever!  Just give me it or else I’ll start to gas up this place again.”  He groaned loudly while rubbing his eyes to try and wake himself up.

“Alright, Dan Khang.” Thien Ka said letting go of the bowls and opened up the fridge to search for the medicine. 

“Catch.” He took the medicine bottle from the fridge and threw it at Dan Khang.

Finally opening his eyes, he saw the bottle coming right at him and caught it in time.

“Oh my gosh.  She was here the whole time?”  Dan Khang asked with blushed cheeks and finally noticed that I existed in this room.

He immediately walked away from the living room and entered the other room.

“Sorry, about that.  He has stomach pains from eating out at an unclean restaurant.” Thien Ka chuckled as I placed the bowls on the dining table.

The moment I looked up from the table, I could hear banging sounds coming from the other room.

“What’s that?” I asked as Thien Ka formed a smirk at the situation.

“Darn it, Thien Ka!  You better open this door right now!” another male voice could be heard from where I stand.

“Who’s that?” I asked walking over to him.

“It’s Hung Tri, another room mate of mine in this apartment.  For your safety, I locked him inside his room.  He’s been girl deprived for a year now due to the new rules the land owner made just especially for him.”  Thien Ka said smirking as he pours the noodles into the big bowl and the soups into another big bowl.

Footsteps could be heard coming from the other room and the sound of the door opening.

“Where the heck is Thien Ka?” I could hear an angry male voice said from the other room.

“He’s in the kitchen cooking food.  You might wanna keep your voice down.” I could hear Dan Khang said from the other room.

“Why?  Why should I keep my voice down!  I paid for the rent too you know!” Hung Tri screamed in anger as footsteps could be heard coming our way.

The door opens with a slam as I jumped in my chair as Thien Ka looked up from what he was doing.

“Dam it Thien Ka!  I didn’t sneak any girls in last night!  So why did you locked me again?!?!”  He male said angrily as I turned around to see this person.

He was also another tall male who was wearing his boxers and muscle shirts with messy hair.

“Eep.  Oh my gosh!  I swear!  I do NOT know her!”  He started to confess in a scared manner.

“Shut it and stop.  I brought her here.”  Thien Ka said walking over to the sink and placing the two empty pots inside.

“Oh.  Good.  What!?!?!”  Hung Tri said in a confused way as Dan Khang, dressed more appropriately, joined Hung Tri in the questioning.

“Why!?!” they both asked Thien Ka simultaneously as I just gave them both a smile.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  Comments?  Anyone?  I think I lost the feelings to this story.  I don't know where this is going anymore.  I'm truely sorry to my one and only raeder, SharShar.  You motivated me to update, but it turned out to be a disappointment.    Once again, I'm so sorry. 

I have another story that has plots planned out already, so I know what to write next.  However, for this story, I've lost my ideas and plots.

Sorry for my bad grammar, I'm still trying to improve.  Thanks for reading.  :)