Inevitable

Angel and Vampire

Salma was still standing where she stopped short after her unusual supposed-to-be friend left her there without a word. He's so weird! He didn't even say anything and just walk away and vanish like that!

 

Convinced that the guy is not coming back, she shrugged her shoulders and continue to walk to the direction of her house.

 

Inside, she pulled off her rain boots and placed them neatly at the shoe rack by the door and slipped her slippers on. She smiled even after a hectic day at school. She called for her mom and discovered that she is at the kitchen, definitely preparing dinner from the delicious smell that lingers in the air.

 

After sharing dinner with her family, she went for a quick shower before hitting the bed. To her surprise, she couldn't bring herself to sleep. Though thinking about the demanding activities she had at school, she couldn't understand why sleep just wouldn't claim her this night. Her thoughts went back to that boy. So intriguing for his blank stares and expression, she didn't stop herself from approaching him earlier. It's as though, being near him is the most natural thing to do for her. It's as though beside him is her place in this vast world.

 

She her side. That's when her eyes bulged out of their sockets when she saw him there. Backed at the wall, his hands on his jeans pocket. She can still see traces of rain on his jet black hair, his clothes a little drenched as well. As for his face, it's the same as how it looked like earlier. So lacking of emotion yet she can tell that his eyes can say thousands of stories. She's intrigued. She's drawn.

 

She sat up on her bed without tearing her gaze from him. As for him, he remained standing by the wall across her bed and didn't bother looking away from her scrutinizing gaze.

Salma opened to say something but her mind couldn't come up with something. Or maybe there are too much to say that words have been overlapping each other which, as a result, left her mute.

 

It was him that walked towards her. She doesn't know what to do. She knows for a fact that a man in her room is truly inappropriate. Especially when she doesn't know, and wasn't even invited inside. Though thinking about that now, didn't she invite him to come to her house earlier? Yep. The invitation he declined by turning his back on her and walking away without a single word.

 

What does he want now? She wonders. Though she remain staring at his face as he erase the space between them. He now stand right in front of her, his height making her strain her neck from looking so far up.

 

“What are you?” Were his words. His voice sounded crisp. Maybe from the cold. She placed. Quickly, she stood up, brushed past him, and went to get something. She walked back with a dry towel in her hands. She hand it to him, which he merely stared at curiously.

 

“What's that?”

 

Salma rolled her eyes. “Are you going to ask what is everything? What am I, what is this? What are you doing here? You left me without a word there then you come here uninvited!” She fumed, catching her breathe after her unexpected rant.

 

Instead of getting annoyed though, Changjo smiled.

 

Salma felt her heart beat abnormally. No, actually, her heart skipped a beat when she saw him smile. Who is this guy and why does he have this effect on me? To hide what she truly feel, she masked her face with anger. “What are you smiling about?” She said as she throw the towel at him.

 

Before it fell on the floor, Changjo was quick to catch it. And, smiling, dry his hair with it. Salma sat back down to her bed while still eyeing her unsual guest.

 

After yet another silence that engulfed them, Changjo broke the the ice. “Sorry about earlier.”

 

That's all he said and Salma felt that already, she has forgiven him. There must really be something wrong in her brain now. She remain staring at him.

 

“..and thank you for the towel. Though I don't think I need it.” He smiled a small smile as he thoughtlessly put the towel on his right shoulder before seating himself beside her on the bed. Salma felt her back stiffen. She inched farther, not liking that frantic beating of her heart now that they are again this close to each other.

 

“Your face is red. Are you sick?” Changjo asked and quickly put his palm on her forehead.

 

At the sudden contact, Salma felt her cheeks further heat up. She swatted his hand away and looked down to hide her face.

 

“Hey, what's wrong? I said sorry already. I didn't mean to leave you out there without a word. It's just that..” the hesistance in his voice made Salma look up to gauge his expression. She saw his face cloud up. Unmindfully, she worried.

 

“...there are a lot of things in my mind. But I am here now, right?” His expression suddenly got jolly that Salma got confused whether the sadness she saw earlier has really been there or has she just imagined it.

 

She straightened her back and faced him. “So why are you here now?” She peered at him with wide eyes.

 

He chuckled.

 

“What?” She asked.

 

“You're cute when you look like that.” He smiled.

 

“Look like what?” She asked. Though she's been trying so hard to contain the burst of happiness she instantly feel after hearing what he said.

 

Instead of giving her an answer, he reached out and touched her cheek. His icy fingers caressing it until she sat frozen yet again. But this time, she let him. She didn't swat his hand away. Something inside her is telling her that this is how things should really be. “...so human.” he finished before leaning in for a kiss...

 

A/N: Oooohhh a kiss!! You two already kissed!! Do you think that was fast? Haha! Me no think so! Wait for another one! Or two! Hahah! Depends on your eonni's mood, my dear Salma! But here is the second chapter of my birhday fanfic for you! I hope you like it. Cheers! ^^