TotM | Chapter 10

GODDESS CORNER
 


Tears of the Moon
Final Chapter

 

She always had the perfect skin, magnificently pale and brightly fair. 

People would come from great distances for royal ceremonies just to get a glimpse of her. They would wait and line up for even just a moment and even for just a second. A glimpse and glance was worth the walk and travel.

And now was no exception.

Looking at her had his heart constricting and doing all sorts of things. She had that power over him, only her. 

Watching her was painful, hearing her was torment and being near her was hell. Her power over him was like nothing and no one can compare. It was always like that...

Even as he walked, he could still feel her gaze on him, like an electrifying current that surges and spawns inside, jolting him.

He knew she stood a couple of yards away, watching him. He could feel her presence on his skin, her gaze felt so raw that it hurt.

But he liked it; he liked how her gaze burns him like no other, like no one ever has.

'Gyuri-ah, you're watching me, right?'

His steps became precise, every step just placed with the right amount of weight and in the best position. And knowing she was near, his very steps were perfectly placed on the ground for the sole purpose of lingering. To linger for a moment for her presence. To stretch time just a bit to sense her. To delay his loneliness without her.

But there were just too many eyes on him, just too any eyes watching to allow such long luxury to last

He stopped, regal and imposing, when his people came to him. They were ministers of his court. They were his people, his servants, and his enemies. They were one and all.

He stood in front of them and looked into each one. He waited for their greeting and he bowed to in response. All his actions were controlled and all mannerisms were precise. Every action he took were determined and planned, born and breed to him like nobody's business but his.

He is King after all.

He made sure he greeted each one, just so he can linger some more. He made sure he asked recent important stately updates to each one, just to remain standing where he can feel her. He dawdle, just so sense her  -- her tormenting presence, her jolting gaze and the hell of her nearness. He lingered, dawdled, and procrastinate. He did so, but just for a moment. 

When he had asked all the important necessities, he knew it was time to go. He was a king with a purpose, he needed to show that. To take charge of that, to live with that. To linger unnecessarily would cast suspicion. And with suspicion it could create retaliation and ultimately end with danger. 

He walked on, followed by his entire entourage. He walked with dignity and with preciseness he was accustomed to. He moved forward, climbing up the stairs to the great palace hall.

He felt the absence of her gaze on him as he continued to climb up the stairs. His loneliness resonated within him with being distanced from her, he hated it. He itched to feel her and to hear her, but he controlled himself. To do something would be to wish for disaster to strike. 

He is a very precise person. Precise in his governance of the country, in his plans, and in everything in his life. He is also very precise in his wait.

He had learned his lesson when he was young, and he had learned to be controlled and precise especially in this aspect of his life.

He waited until he took a final step at the high flat form of the great palace. He stopped perched at the highest step, and looked back at the courtyard. Taking in a big hard and deep breath, he looked straight to where she stood,

She stood magnificently ethereal. A beauty like no other. A heart no one can compare. The perfect imposition of a Queen, his queen.

She stood with face and body half hidden by the gate, with light shining down to her. She was magnificent.

From his distance, he is free to watch her. With just his trusted people at his back, he is free to look at her. With an excuse of taking a break from the high climb he is free to gaze at her. And he stared at her with freedom now. 

'Gyuri-ah...'

But it was also pure hell watching her. It was painful to watch her, to see her lingering looks. It was hell to look at her, to see her longing face. It was torment to see her sadness.

'Don't... Don't be hurt..  Don't hurt anymore...'

But he could not do anything, even if he was king. He did not have that luxury.

'Especially because I am king that is why I could not do anything.'  

Finally after minutes into eons of staring, he saw her nod. It was time for her to go and he stood gazing as she finally disappeared from his line of vision...

His heart constricted. Tension flowed through his blood as it circulated through his veins. Every cell in his body was vibrating. And his whole body was shaking. That was how strong her hold on him was --- it resonates throughout his whole being

Myriad emotions were running down his soul. Pain that lingers, anger that echoes, anxiousness that shimmers and hopes that was buried deep within. He was a conundrum of sensations, like a melting pot of feelings bursting and bubbling over. 

He shook his head, clearing his mind for a moment. Shaking the wreck and chaos that was in his mind and heart.

He closed his eyes tight, clearing out his mind, 'Breath... breath.. breath...'

He took a deep gulp, collecting more energy and courage to finally open his eyes again. He felt calmer now, a little. His heart beating in a semi normal pace yet still pounding in his chest. He was more in control, yet still in state of chaos. 

But he saw things now, clearer as he stood a few meters away from her. a few steps and he would be by her side. A sprint and he would be by her side in a moment. A leap and he can enclose her in his arms

But as he tried to move his legs, it stayed unmoved. He tried to take one step but his foot was stuck. He tried to force forward his body but he was suspended in place.

He could not find strength to move.

She was near, yet still so far. An arm’s length away, but still so far out of reach. It was always like that with them.

A silent simmering run through his skin.

He took a deep breath and tried to find the strength to move his legs again. Ever so slightly he was able to pull his right leg from the ground but as he did so his left leg was slowly but surely faltering. He could feel his strength draining. 

Looking at her as the sunlight fell to her through the window slits was heartbreak, she looked so peaceful. 

He felt a tremble begin from his gut and carry to his whole being, 'I am scared...'

He shook his head and clarified, 'No... I am terrified'

He continued to watch her, her skin that had shined magnificently pale and glowed brightly fair was multiples times paler and less fair now. Even with the sunlight falling to her flawless skin, she was as pale as paper. 

His heart pounded. His eyes burned. His whole body trembled. His whole being terrified.

He closed his eyes, trying to close out her pale skin. Forcing to remember her, the way she used to be. Remember how she was, the first time they met.

From faint memory. A smiling face. A kid with a bright smile...

He didn't care about the crowd that showed up for the ceremony. He didn't care about the celebration that was around them. He hated everything. He hated everyone

'How could then celebrate when I just lost my crown princess...'

The music was deafening and the screams of celebration by the people was magnified and echoed throughout the courtyard. A celebration and a special occasion for the royal family as well as the whole nation. But all he wanted was to scream and rage at everything and everyone.

He looked around and saw the smiling faces of most of the people in attendance. HIs father, the King was laughing with his mother, the queen. The royal family from his grandmother to his sister was happily eating the colorful and myriad offering of food. And the ministers who sat by rank in the government was drinking and laughing to their hearts content.

His heart hurt, 'this is so wrong...', he felt like his heart was being stabbed and broken into a million pieces.

But no one seems to notice. They seem to be celebrating how his heart was bleeding.

He looked to his right and saw that Minister Park, the newly promoted minister sat with s smug look in his face. His heart conjured all the hate it can muster and all he was wanted to punch the smirk off his face. He wanted him to die right in the middle of the celebration, 'if he dies, then there would be something to celebrate about'

'He killed my princess'

'My YooJung...'

HIs anger simmered inside him and his blood boiled like nothing else he had felt before. He fisted his hands at his side, anger taking over.

"Your highness..."

Rage was inside him.

"Uhhmmnn.. your highness..."

He continued to stare at Minister Park as darkness filled his heart. he relived in the seething anger that was eating his world.

'I will make him pay...'

"Crown prince...?"

Anger, rage was his welcome companion.

"Your highness.... Crown prince....", called a timid voice at his side.

Finally he looked to his side. There stood young girl. She was smiling up at him. She was just the same as as his younger sister.

The same height and same built as  his YooJoong. Everything about her was almost the same as YooJoong.

His blood burst over, he saw red. The smiling girl beside him was not his crown princess. She will never be his kind YooJoong, 'never...'

The girl continued to look up to him, waiting and anticipating his reaction. Her eyes shone like stars, her skin was fairly perfect, her nose perfectly formed and her lips smiling expectantly.

She was the princess they placed at his side. A princess he will never want. A princess he will forever hate. A princess who's father is a killer. A princess who's father he hated. A princess who's clan he wanted to punish.

He continued to stare at her. staring at her with such intensity, hoping she would feel his rage through his eyes.

"Crown princess...", He leered.

"What a joke..."

He smiled when her smiled faltered, slowly he leaned at her and  whispered, "... Listen carefully crown princess, because I will just say this now but I promise you that I will fulfill it until I die. You may be the crown princess now and be crowned Queen in the future but don't expect for my heart. That will never be yours." 

His eyes blurred and burned. He shut his eyes tight, wanting to subside the pain and wishing that would close out that memory.

She had been young and full of anticipation. She was a beauty even at such a young age,  'more beautiful than I had anticipated'

But he had closed his heart to her even before they met. He had hated her even before he knew her. He had closed her out, determined to hate her for that blood that ran through her veins. He didn't know her, yet he hated her the most.

He had been cruel. 

Even with his eyes closed, his felt tears fell. As it stream down his face it felt like scorching hot lava, etching down from his flesh to his soul.

His tears continued to burn hot onto his flesh.

It was painful.

It was torment.

It was hell.

He wanted to protest, the nightmare of a memory he carried until now.

But like an open wound, it still felt painful.

It was etched in his soul

It was raw in his memory

It haunted his whole being.

He opened his eyes, finding some strength to get over his torturous moment, 'this is nothing.'

'this.... nothing... compared to.... what she went through'

He turned his sight back to her through his hot  tears. 

He opened his mouth, trying to call out her name, but only silenced reigned.

He tried again, calling her, 'My Queen'

"Qu...----.....", Gibberish. He could not continue.

He could not form any words. Even a single world.

He tried again, 'Queen...'

Silence. Still nothing.

Again.

His throat constricted.  He felt his muscles move yet nothing can be heard.

He brought his hands to his throat. He felt his tense muscles, bursting but unable to do its purpose or his will. His hands could feel the throbbing of his throat muscles. 

'Her name...', He prayed.

'I need to just say her name...', He was weak, he knew but he prayed that he can find strength to say her name now.

He wanted to call her name like he never did before.

Her name, "Gy.....---"

Gyuri. That's her name.

The girl that they put to replace Yoojung's place, Park Gyuri.

'Gyuri...'

It tasted bitter in his tongue even with just the thought.

He closed his eyes and cleared his head as he tried to guage the wind's direction and speed.

The wind was picking up as he felt it brsu through his skin. The direction was going north, '...good'

Her face popped up in his head, her smiling face when he caught her as she secretly stalked him when he was going to his morning lessons.

He hated her face, that innocent and smiling looking face. He knew it was all a facade, 'She is like her father...'

He shook his head, now angry at himself of thinking of her for having a faint of memory of her.

"Get it together" he mumbled as he took a deep breath to erase her from his mind.

He slowly opened his eyes, the sun was bright, blinding him a little. Slowly he steadied his left hand on the belly of his bow, and with his right hand he pulled the string with the nock perfectly placed on it.

He took a deep breath by contolling the wild beating of his heart and his chaotic mind. He then steadied his gaze and took aim at the target.

He fully pulled the bow and arrow until he felt the perfect tension with the string. The wind blew to the northern direction, 'perfect...'

His mind and heart was temporarily steady as he focused his everything in that one shot.

Silence was dominated the archery courtyard. Nothing else mattered.

He was one with the bow.

Until 'Release...'

He felt the arrow leave his grasp as he released it, The  arrow flew gracefully swift and beautifully aimed. He saw it fly across the 30 yards away.

He knew that he got it and was not surprised when it was announced, "Bull's eye..."

He heard the applause but he didn't give a damn, his entourage would have applauded even if he missed the target. They were his loyal servants after all.

"Daebak!!!" was a shout that overrided all the applause.

He turned around and saw that to his surprise there stood with hands frantically clapping the 15-year-old Park Gyuri who he married a month ago.

"Just daebak", she continued.

She, the daughter of the most evil an of Joseon, continued to clap and now was jumping happily against the scowl he was throwing at her.

His blood boiled, He didn't want her to smile, much more laugh. He had warned her countless times to stop stalking him.

She had no right at being happy when his YooJoong was dead because of her father.

And now she was cheering for him, 'She has no decency...'

He dropped his bow on the table and called out, "Lady Min, come with me.."

As he continued to stare at her, her face went pale realizing that she had been caught.

He walked with purpose and anger, all of those feeling directed to one person.

He saw the look on her face change from excitement to anxiousness, She was looking  around, like an animal caught in a trap. He saw her clutch her dress  and start to run when he shouted, "STOP!"

She froze, her face contourted in panic.

He walked faster until he reached his destination, in front of her.

She bowed her head, she was shaking.

He knew she was terrified but he didn't care he was too disgusted. He knew she was but a 15-year-old girl but he didn't care, he was too angry. 

"Your highness, the crown prince is new at the palace, she doesn't know yet all the rules----.", He heard the pleading voice of his most trusted and longest attendant. 

He cut her off, "Lady Min, Let me ask you?"

"Yes, your highness..."

"What are the rules regarding princess's in the palace?", he asked as he watched her clasped her hands together.

he heard Lady Min take a deep breath and started reciting, "The princess of the palace must conduct her self with outmost decenly and propriety."

"She was be a lady of noble birth and virtue.."

"She must carry herself with dignity and elegance"

"She must..----", he saw drops of water fall to the ground, '....Tears'

He immediately held up his hand to stop Lady Min and stated, "Make sure the crown princess learns those lesson of virtue and conduct of a princess"

"Yes, your highness"

Tears, he hated those. A cowardly ploy.

He hated her but he also hated himself, making a 15-year-old girl cry.

But it was her fault, she was the daughter of Minister Park. and He hated Minister Park above everyone else.

He stealed himself, and ordered, "Don't ever come see me again unless its a royal commmand.."

The wind blew.

The tension was hot in the air.

"Understand, Park Gyuri?"

She nodded.

'Gyuri...'

He tried to dig up strength to call out her name even though he knew he had no right.

His rough breathing dominated the room but all he could hear was his pounding heart. He was angry, but more than that he was terrified.

Memories assaulted his senses. and all he wanted to do was scream. His memories were nightmares. a place and time were in he hated himself more than anyone else. A place and time where in he was the most evil villain in the world.

He hated those memories but more so he hated himself. That was him. That was how he was. No one forced him or controlled him. and the worst thing is he could not change it.

But despite it all, she had forgiven him countless times and made up excuses for him.

The palace was a prison cell. His gold plated cage.

He hated it -- the palace, his position and his royal birth.

The one thing and person who had wanted to make him stay in this hell was long gone, his kind YooJoong.

Now with her gone and his 1 year preparation done he can finally finished with his escape plan.

Tonight was the night he will get his freedom.

It was the perfect time, his attendants were all sleeping, and the guards were laxed, drunk from the nights celebration.

By tomorrow when they wake up and try to find him, he would be an island away. The wweek after that, he would be on another country. then a  month after that he would totally be a nobody, just the way he wanted. Not a prince, no more manipulation and not in a cage. 

He secured everything valueble for him in a bag he carried on his back. 

His chamber was quite and the hallways was silent. everyone and everything was asleep after the first anniversary of his wedding.

He made his way to his door, gently opening it anc checking for anyone and anything.

Silenct Chamber

Deserted hallway.

No one and nothing.

He used stealth and cunning. And he was out of the white lion palace in ten minutes, 'Goodbye my prison cell'

He slyly walked and hid by the side of the wall, making sure he was undetected. He knew that even with the lax security due to the to celebration there was no other way out, through the wall of the hidden moon palace. 

He looked around as the cresent moon feel to illuminate his way. The moonlight was just enought to give him guaidance as well as hide him.

Just one more wall and he would be free. He glance at the tall wall that would be his only obstacle. 

He was running away -- from the crown that can still be filled by his older brother, from the crown princess that he never wanted and from the palace that was his cage. He will run away.

"Let's go back your highness. Your attendants would scold you again for running off like this...", came a voice from the other side of the tall shrubs and bushes.

"not yet Jiyoung.  I still have one last thing to do...I need to pray for, the crown prince's health...", a different set of voice, but this time a familiar one.

Silence.

'Me?', He got curious.

He walked nearer to where the voices originated, he peeared through the bushes and saw two girls with their backs to him both kneeling but one carrying incense.

"Your highness..."

"Call me unni when we wre alone, like you do at home...." 

"I can't your highness..."

He heard a sigh from one of the girls before silence continued again.

He took a few more steps as silent as then night tp get nearer tp them, then he heard the familiar voice again, "The palace is so grand, the dresses are  just beautiful, everyone is so kind. This is like paradise..."

He saw one girl face the other, and finally a face came to his view, it was her, "..and the best part is, the crown prince. Did you see him tonight. He was just so handsome, gallant and kind"

Her laughter flowed in the air, "Did you know that for his last birthday, rather than having the royal celebration here at the palace, he begged and requested the king for all the expenses to be put to feeding the poor at the shanty village. No one in our history hass even been a crown prince request such. "

"I think he wanted to do the same for our wedding anniversary but, his majesty strongly refused because of father..."

"Did you know that he was injured last month because he saved of of his guards from being accidentally shoot wittth an arrow? And I heard from Lady Min that when he was little, he was accidentally got a wound on him but he didn't tell anyone so that Lady Min will not be punished...

He looked at his bright smile through the moonlight. she was becoming more and more beautiiful, that he could not deny."...He also kept vigil when the Queen mother got sick...."

she stood up and and jumped wit excitelemnt and continued, "and....he even took care of his horse when it gave birth lasst year..."

"...there are a lot of things I wanna tell you about him Jiyoung-ie. he is so strong. he is very good with the bow. and bvery smart and..."

"and...and... he hates me, the crown prince", her voice had become a bare whispisper.

she looked up at the sky, "He barely looked at me tonight. And when we happen to cross the courtyard together he just looks and walks passed me. He is the same as father."

"They hate me..."

The other girl stood up, "unni..."

She turned around then and had a smile plastered on her face again, "But that is okay, you're here now. And today we should be happy, It's  the day of my wedding anniversary and the Queen mother granted my request of having you come to the palace"

She whirled around and around, her laughter carrying around the garden. She grasped the other girls hand. and ther laughter echoed through the silence.

"Let;s pray again for the crown prince health, the king's magnanimity, the royal family's unity, the nations peace..." Sheshouted with joy.

He rested his back to the wall at watching the girl whose laughter he had never heard before. It tugged at his heart, like never before.

'She seems different from her father',he thought

He heard shuffling of feet and calls from the other side of the wall, "your highnness, where are you... "

'She is such a curious girl...'

"Crown princess, where are you?", Lady Min's voice louder than anyone as  the two girls danced and laughed like there was no tomorrow undert the moonlight in the hidden moon garden.  

"Aaauuhhhhhhhhhhhggggggghhhhhhh!!!!" He cried out on top of his lungs --- angry, frustrated, tormented.

He felt the physical tension and friction in his throat burn and seeth. But the physical pain was nothing compared to his mental struggle, 'I am such a....'

He had been born to be the brightest star; a king from his birthright, the smarts from his genes and the lethal athletism through hard work.

"..Nothing", hhis voice croaked.

His voice echoed in the silence. 

He tried to call out her name now, 'Gy.....'

"Yyyyuri..."

His breathing was becoming rough and his heart pounding resonating in his ears.

He wiped his tears and called again, "Gyuri....Miaa..."

"miahne... Miahne...." he repeated over and over again, ashe held the lifeless body in his arms.

"Your highness..", called Lady Min.

Tears was pouring from his eyes and all he could see was blood soaking her clothes.

His heart was trembling and his arms was shaking as he held the very small and delicate body in his arms withher life slowly draining.

"It's my fault... no.. Please... no...", He cried out, as he continued to push firm through her wound.

"your highness, please put her down, the doctor arrived...", the frantic call of his guard.

He shook his head, wanting to hold on to her and to make sure she would remain she was before the arrow hit her in the chest.

But as continued to push through her wound, her eyes barely open, she called out weakly, "Your highness.... what? whh... your highness... wh..?"

Her eyes closed, and he was terrified, "No, Gyuri ah.. No, please..."

"Your highness, Let me see her...", He continued to hold her tight and shake her a little.

He was praying and dying at the same time as her eyes continue to be shut closed, ''No Gyuri-ah, no please..."

He Could still feel her blood run like a river, it was supposed to be warm but it was scorching hot in his hands

He was held and pulled from her, he screamed, "No... No..."

He saw someone kneel in front of her as his guards restrained him. He reconnized him, "Samchoon, please save her... please I beg you.. save her"

He struggled from his guards grasp, shaking them off as he watch his mother's brother, also one of the best royal physician, check on gyuri, his crown princess.

He was held away in s strong grasp.

"Bring in the light.." his uncle called out.

He was going to order them again when the lamp was suddenly brought to them. His guards were all iin attention for any more danger from assassins.  All of his guards circled the clearing their backs to them and all on the look out for any suspicious movement. 

"Your highness, please calm down..", whispered his most trusted guard, Woon, who held him in a death grip.

His tears continued to stream down, and his heart pounded drowning out the rustling branches and leaves of the forest.

Lady Han was crying beside his crown princess, her skin paler than paper.

time had become irrelevammt next to the darkness he felt in his heart he watch Gyuri lying on the ground with her beautiful hanbok soaked with her blood through the moon and lamp's light.

"It's my fault..." He whispered --- desolate and lost 

"It's my fault.."

He was entering the darkest moment of his life.

"If I had not asked Lady Min to bring her here, then..." He reasoned, his voice bouncing through the leaves in the clearing.

"Your highness...", He heared Woon call in a concerned voice.

"I thought that here, out of the prying eyes of those ministers, I could talk..."

"I thought that we could...", His heart constricted like a hammer was being punched to his chest. The darkness was swallowing him whole.

"...I knew that the South faction.... would do something.... but I didn't think they would...", he stuttered as he looked at his uncle try to save Gyuri, his crown princess.

He continue, he didn't want to think. he was scared of the outcome.

He never felt like this before, even when his YooJung fell ill with an unknown disease. He knew then it was a politcal plot to gain power by the northern faction and he had been angry, His rage had boiled his whole being, his kind yoojoong used as a political chess game. he was sickened. he felt all kinds of anger. 

But now, here as he watched Gyuri's blood draining from his body, he was terrified.

Darkness was consuming him.

Emptiness was devouring his heart..

Loneliness was dominating his mind.

The time that elapsed were lifeltimes of death and darkness. 

He can't lose her.

Then his uncle nodded to one of his guards and gave instructions, "Get me  some water, a warm one. and someone get to the vacation lodging and prepare a room for the crown princess."

His men did as they were told, they scrambled. he felt woon's grasp loosening and he immediatelt freed himself to ran to gyuri's side, asking, "Samchoon, tell me... you saved her right?"

He looked expectantly at his uncle's haggard face, as he was answered, "I have applied the first aid, I was able to get her heart beating again, but she lost so much blood..."

He was scared again.

He can't lose her.

He will lose his mind of he lost her.

His uncle smiled then and said, "... but don't worry, she will make it."

He immediatelly hugged his uncle and whispered in between his sibs, "Thank you... thank you... thank you..."

'Mianhe-yo...'

"I am sorry.."

"I am so sorry.."

His voice in a bare whispere lingeered in the air.

The room was cold, the lingering winter still at trying to hold onto the land. He was shivering hard but it had anothing to do with the still cold post-winter air.

He whispered again, "Gyuri-ah, I am sorry"

She did not answer. Eyes closed and body lying peacefully, she was lifeless. 

He wanted to punch himself right now. To punish himself, it was all his fault - because he was king and people wanted to gain power.

He wanted to punish himself for all the mistakes he made due to his impatience for his ignorance. He had wanted to kills himself a couple of times. More so now than ever before.

She lay without the ussual smile on her face nor the fire in her eyes.

'It is all my fault...'

Like all other mishaps and danger that happened in her life. It was all his fault. 

He was the reason her life had been in danger countless times, the assasination at the clearing was the first of many tries against her life.

Everytime he tried to be closer to her, her life was threatened. However much times he discreetly planned to be near her, he was always thwarted. They would alwasy show him as king he was weak, inept and powerless. He could not protect her fully.

The palace had ears and eyes. and if ever he got too close, danger would follow and always Gyuri would be the target. Her life was always on the edge, his every move would mean life and death for her.

Poison, scandal, assassination, overthrowing, plots. everything has been tried and done. And everytime she had to suffer the ordeal.

He looked at her as she fidgeted, hands unable stay still, fingers moving involuntarily.

She was dressed so beautifully, his young bridebbr. His bride that would be his forever. She sat across from him waiting for the ceremony to end for their night together.

He felt elated and nervous. 

When the queen mother had announced that their night together was planned, he jumped with joy. She was finally going to be his, wholy and with blessings..

He had planned for everything 

She took the cup that was offeredd and slowly brought it to her lips, thats when he had noticed it.

He had been to happy, he had put his guard down.

He had forgotten to make sure everything was safe, and there right before his eyes, his younng bride was being served with poison.

Rage took over. he saw red..

He overthrew all the food and threw the glass of wine before it touched his lips.

"AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

How could they be cruel as to poinson her like that. She would have died right infront of his eyes.

He threw everything.

He screamed.

He raged.

He was useless.

HE was getting weak.

He wiped his tears away, and forced the last of his strength to start his legs from moving. Slowly and faltering, they moved. 

It was just a few yards of distance from him to her but it felt like she was an ocean away.

His left leg was starting to give in but he persevered. His breathing was getting rouher and his heard was hammering.

He was losing all his control from his weak body to his chaotic mind.

But he persevered as he starged at her, she was her goal. He just needed to be near her.

It took forever but she she closed the gap between her and him, She was just infront of him.

She was beautidul, more beautiful than anyone ever was.  But she was lifeless.

She was near, and he was tornemed, he stared at her face just a reeach a way, he was in hell. 

He now sat beside her, the bed sagged and squecked under his added wieght but she lay immobile. 

Now that she was beside him, he was happy.

"Gyuri-ah.."

The wind blew passed him

"Gyuri-ah... are you .."

He whispered, "Gyuri-ah, are you happy?"

He saw her laugh and run around full of life.

"Gyuri-ah, you're laughing beaitifully..."

She pointed forward, and immediately run as the kids try to catch her.

"you are playing and living..."

One of the kids caught her and every one hugged her. She bended her legs and hugged the kids.

"You are well loved here..."

He heard a whistle, it was a signal. Woon was by his sside, he bowed and whispered, "Your majesty, The head royal doctor, your uncle,  just send in a report. The ministers are already asking for you.  He said he does not know if he can keep up the farce of your sickless much longer.."

He nodded as acknowledgement but still continued to watch  his Queen who was disguised as a peasant.

"Woon-ah, are all the safety measure put around the orphanage sett?", he asked his truusted royal guard

"yes, your majesty. I hhad put in all of the guards that I can personally vouched for around the orphanage. Everyday there are 8 guards on guard and standby protecting the queen..."

"That's good but make sure that they know that the queen and her guard never finds out..?"

"Yes your majesty.." Woon nodded andgave signal to the 2nd in command royal guard.

He had finally located her after 2 months of secretly searching for her. He had stood by the tree on the hilltop near the orphanage everyday. watching her.

He was glad she was safe. he is happy she was laughing. Here and now he was free to watch her.

With trembling fingers, he touched her her cheeks. They were cold as ice.

He then carressed her face with his pam up her cheeks, bringing a little warmness to her freezing skin.

Her cheeks were smooth and silky under his skin. He was electrified.

"You had been happy.... why did you come back...?"

"Gyuri-ah... I am sorry... This is all my fault."

His eyes burned and his body trembled. He was losing it.

"But Gyuri-ah..."

"Please wake up..."

He could not contain it anymore, she was near him finally.

He grasp her and hugged her, and whispered, "Please wake up...."

His tears flowed nonstop, his heart was surely getting tiredd punding and beating hard. his mind was a puddle of chaos and sensation. He was a mess.

He hugged her tight , repeatedly caling her name, "Gyuri-ah..."

Darkness was descending over the land and he stayed close to her, his heard pounding, Praying that his heart beat would transfer over to him.he continued to call her like a mantra, or a chant, "Gyuri-ah... gyuri-ah... don't leave me..."

His arms were frozen in his embrace. His mouth to his ears and nape calling her nonstop.

Like a miracle, he heard a tiny gasp.

His heart jumped, 'the drug worked... she's alive. Thank you Samchoon. For that drug, thank you'

He continued to call her, "Gyuri-ah, that is it.... wake up please wake up..."

"Its time to wake  up.."

His body trembled and tears that felt like blood spill from his eyes as he felt a faint heartbeat follow his heart. It was weak and barely there but he was so intuned with her he felt it, like it was his own body

"Gyuri..."

and as if lifetimes..and eons..and forever passed.

Her voice came, coarse and rough, "Wha---"

"Am I in..Where?"

He hugged her tighter, her voice like heavens spring water to his dying soul.

He chanted her name again, "I am sorry gyuri ah"

"Thank you Gyuri ah.."

"Gyuri-ah..."

"Gyur..."

He heard her cough and he lessened her grasp, "who..?" she heard him ask

He distance their body, not too much just enough for him to see her face through the moonlight illumination.

"Your majesty..?"

Her eyes budged like saucers and he brought her hands to her mounth. she was shocked.

He brough his right hand to her face, feeling her face slowly warming now. 

He was elated. She was alive just like what his uncle, the head royal doctor said.

'thank you Samchoon'

"What?", her lovely face was confused. Questions were etched to all corner of her face.

"Gyuri-ah Thank you for being alive..."

She looked so lost. but he was so happy.

He can explain everything to her, he had their  whole life ahead of them to explain everything. A life free of the palace. it would be just the two of them now. No more palace, no more position no more plots. 

UNable to contain himself, he hugged her again, "Gyuri-ah..""

'Gyuri-ah, you and I will be free together..'

"Gyuri-ahh..."

"Gyuri..."

"Gyuri...

"...I love you..."

he heard her gasp.

"Gyuri, saranghe..."

"Saranghae...."

Then he heard her whiper, "de..?"

He shook his head and explained, "No. I am no longer king...... "

"Your majesty?" she called again.

"Anni... not majesty anymore.. call me by my name..."

He felt her trmeble, "Gyuri ah, call me by my name..."

He felt her tears and he hugged her tighter unwilling to let her go, now and forever."

"Seungho.... call me Seunho oppa.."

"...seungho oppa.."

 

The End

 

 

 

for the poster, thanks and Credit to SuperKaRaw