One Bitter Night

Look, saranghae..

That was already 8 pm and the brunette just finished her dinner alone when she heard the entrance door clicked open. The faint thumping sound echoed softly along the living room's wooden floor, evident that the new comer was heading straight to the kitchen. Krystal stayed still on her chair while cocked her eyes and crossed her arms, waiting.

No long after, familiar figure with brownish-orange colored hair appeared on the doorway while hummed a random happy song and overly wide smile plastered on her face. She didn't see the certain brunette who had her gaze kept following her each steps and walked toward the fridge to get a bottle of cool water. But, right before she could reach the door, a cold voice echoed from her back.

 

"Where have you been, Choi Jinri?"

 

Surprised, Jinri immediately turned her body for facing the voice owner. There, she saw her Jjung sat behind the dining table with those scary look of hers.

"... Just played with my friend," she answered softly.

Krystal's eyes clouded even more, "Who?"

The slightly older girl chuckled bitterly after heard the question. She looked straight at Krystal's dark brown orbs as she said, "... That's not your business, Jjung."

"What did you said?!" she snapped out and slammed the wooden table hard, "I am not your business. But YOU are my business, Jinri!! You must tell me where are you going and with whom you will go out! Remember that!!"

The latter gritted her teeth, "Who are you to ask me to do so, Jjung? If Jessica-unnie, i would--"

"JUST OBEY ME, CHOI JINRI!! JUST DO LIKE WHAT I'VE SAID!!"

Krystal herself looked surprised with her sudden yell when Jinri took a step back, scared was evident could be seen in her eyes.

"You're so selfish, Jjung.." she whispered with her trembled pale lips, tears were threatening to fall from her eyes.

"Yes i am," Krystal looked away. "And from now on, i'll keep my eyes on you."

Jinri shook her head, "No. You didn't want to open yourself to me. Why the hell i should tell you about my living? I hate you, Jjung!"

She was forgetting about the cool water and dashed to her room, slammed the door very hard until it felt like the whole house vibrated.

Krystal stayed still, lowered her gaze to the floor.

"... You don't know the danger if you're alone, Jinri.." she mumbled.

 

*

 

Almost two hours from her fight with Krystal and Jinri was ready to slip under her thick comforter when her ears caught a hesitated knock from her door. She glanced to her watch, wondering who it would be. Krystal of course out from the question and she was very sure that it was Jessica.

"Please wait a moment, Unnie!" Jinri kicked the blanket from her body and dragged her stumble feet to open the door. She twisted the key twice and turned the knob.

"Yes, can i..." her voice trailed off when she found Krystal there instead of the blonde woman. She straightened a bit and asked coldly, "What do you want?"

The brunette glared at her then gestured to the tray which she held in her hands, "Let me in."

"No."

"Let. Me. In."

Jinri stubbornly shook her head while protected the doorway with her body, "NO."

Krystal rolled her eyes, "This is my house, Choi."

"This is your father's house!!"

"Whatever, i'll come in."

With that, the younger girl pushed Jinri's body with her sharp shoulder-blade and stepped into the room.

"YAH!!"

Krystal heard that protest voice from the room's owner, but as Jinri had expected, she wouldn't care. The latter directed toward the bed and put the tray above the thick blanket before turned to Jinri who still stood on the doorway.

"Come here, Silly," she said. "You haven't eat your dinner yet."

The slightly taller girl blinked a few times, "T-that's for me?"

"If it's for Jessica, do you think i'll bring this to your room? Please, thinking before ask something stupid," Krystal pulled a chair and plopped her there. Her eyes obviously said that she didn't want to hear any rejection.

In other hand, many questions crossed Jinri's mind as she dragged her feet slowly to approach her bed.

"... Why are you doing this?"

The latter casually shrugged as she eyed how Jinri slowly sat on the bed and grabbed the utensils.

"Because i don't want you to hate me?"

The orange haired girl pouted and stabbed a meat from the bowl with fork.

"You hate me and i don't allow for hate you back?"

Krystal let hearty chuckles made an escape from before she answered, "If i hate you, do you think i would remind you about dinner like this?"

"... I don't know. You have such split personality, Jjung.."

"I might be anything," she sighed deeply and turned to look at the night view from the glass window. "But i do not hate you, Jinri."

"Liar."

Even though that kind of word escaped , Jinri had her usual wide smile on her face and deep inside her heart, she knew that her Jjung wasn't a liar. She would never be a liar. Krystal caught the glimpse of Jinri's smile from the corner of her eyes and she couldn't help but chuckled again.

"So.. Tomorrow is Sunday," the brunette nervously continued her words. "How about we're going out? Theme park?"

"Theme park? Yes!!" Jinri squealed happily, but suddenly she remembered something. Her smile replaced with a frown and Krystal raised her eyebrows when saw that.

"What's wrong?"

She put her utensils down and stared at Krystal with an apologetic look, "Victoria-unnie asked me to accompany her to buy something tomorrow.."

"Victoria?"

"Yes," she nodded. "You know her, right?"

"Yeah. Jessica's friend."

 

So.. She was with Victoria Song this evening..

 

Jinri bit her lower lip when saw Krystal's sudden changing expression. Is she angry with her?

"Urm.. Jjung?" she called, "I'm so sorry.. What about ice cream after that?"

"That's doesn't matter, we can-"

The slightly older one waved her hands frantically, "No no no no, i do want to eat ice cream with you!!"

Krystal giggled softly as she got up from her seat, "Okay, deal." And before she walked out from the room, she added, "And don't forget to put back the dishes in the kitchen, Silly Choi."

 

***

 

Seoul down-town that night was just like usual, surrounded by people who wanted to forget about their ing life for a while. Various clubs and pubs parking lot were almost full, silently descript how the condition inside.

In certain club which looked as the most expensive among all of those places, a girl with light-brown colored hair was sat alone in the bar, totally ignored the loud music and how people having a blast on the dance floor. She was simply played with her gin-tonic bottle, eyes were stared blankly at nothing.

 

this life..

 

The girl had been there since an hour ago and she didn't show any sign that she wanted to move from her seat. Boys were trying to get hit on her, but she always managed to turn they down and let her enjoying her loneliness.

 

I just a high school girl and why the hell life is so hard for me?

 

"That's too much, Jiyeon-ah.."

Heard the familiar gentle voice, Jiyeon immediately look up and found that the kind bartender was smiling to her while wiping a whiskey glass.

"I would like to recommend you orange juice next time.."

The girl chuckled and pour the drink into her glass, "I'm not a kid, Unnie.."

The bartender sighed softly before put the glass in the cabinet, "You just a high school girl and why are you here almost every night, alone?"

She chuckled even more then took down the alcoholic liquid by one gulp. Smirk appeared on her pale face as she answered, "... Because i don't have any place which called 'home', Soyeon-unnie.."

 

***

 

Hid in the shadowy corner which surrounded by trees, a caramel haired girl barely could be seen. She had her back leaned against the wall, panting slightly. Droplet of blood was almost fall from her corner lips, but she quickly wiped it off with her jacket's sleeve.

"," she cursed and tried to stand up straight, just to wincing in pain a moment later. Gave up, she slammed her body against the wall again. Not really far from her spot, she could hear a loud voice of fighting, but she didn't bother to look for the source. She knew. She even from there before finally ran to this backyard, hid herself from something which people usually called them as parents and home.

A bitter chuckle escaped as she lifted her sleeve up and scanned the bruises there.

 

This is very nice if him..

 

Right before she lift another sleeve, she felt her pocket vibrated. The girl quickly pulled out her phone and saw that there was one new message.

 

[ Meet me tomorrow morning in the shopping center ]

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Okay, forgive my everything and do comment! xD