His Name

Café Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

For the next few days, the same man came in at around the same time and ordered the same thing – latte. Similarly like the first day, he would sit at the secluded corner of the café and stayed there quietly until it was closing time.

On the fourth day, my colleague began asking me about the man.

“I notice that he’s been coming here daily,” whispered Hana, “Do you know him?”

I shook my head. “He started coming here four days ago. Arrived at the same time. Ordered the same thing. Sat at the same table. Left at the same time.”

“Hmm,” she began, “maybe he’s interested in you.”

I turned my head to glare at you. “No way!” I whispered-yelled, “I mean, how do you know?”

Hana giggled. “Well, I keep seeing him sneaking glances at you. Do you know his name?”

I paused whatever I was doing. “No, I don’t. But he knows mine,” I whispered, shocked. How could I forget all about knowing his name?

“Well then, guess I’m going to help you,” she said as she took the cup of latte and made her way towards the man’s table before I could even protest.

I watched secretly as Hana placed the cup on his table and chatted with him. I sighed, turning around, and continued preparing drinks for another customer.

“Yah, Jenny,” Hana whispered, “I got it!”

I glanced at her before delivering the drinks to the table near the door. I returned to the counter where Hana stood with an impatient look.

“So.”<

Please log in to read the full chapter