Broken Heart

Baby

Ages ago

 “Wanna have some fight with me, dude?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?”

Adrenaline was pumping, a gangster from high classed school tried their braveness to challenge the other gangster from different school in their base. Kris was the leader of that gang who challenged the strongest gang in their area, he just wanted to prove that his team was the strongest.

“We don’t play with little puppies. Just go home and change your diapers.”

After hearing what Choi Minho the gang leader said to his team, Kris’s jaw dropped and so did his 11 friends. Feeling unappreciated, the first punch landed on Minho’s left cheek. It was coming from Kyungsoo, the shortest boy of all the boys here. There was fire through Choi Minho’s eyes right away and it successfully made the short boy startled.

“No, no, no, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean it, really.” Kyungsoo’s big eyes became much bigger than before, after seeing the flame from Minho’s expression. He waved his hands in front of his face, denying what he just did to the other leader. “Trust me, I was just stumbling because of him.” Then, his index finger directed to Kris who was surprised about what Kyungsoo just did to Minho.

“What?!?! Me???” Kris was shouting as pointing himself, then, his eyes directed to Minho who was very angry right now. “HEY!!! Kyungsoo!! What’s with you!??!?!” He scolded Kyungsoo instead

“YOU!!!!!” Minho directed his index finger to Kris’s position as glared at him with fierce expression. At first, Kris and his friends were like it was alright because Minho was all alone here.

“Hahahaha!!!!!” Kris put his hands in his pockets while seeing the shorter boy. “What will you do? You’re alone, we’re 12, plus, I just ed your girlfriend named… Err…” He paused a bit because his brain was limited and completely couldn’t remember her name. “What’s her name?” He whispered Tao who was standing beside him.

“I forgot. I think It’s similar to your name, Kris.” Tao whispered him back

Kris narrowed his eyes because he wasn’t satisfied about the answer, he just wanted to prove that he was the best and the most handsome playboy in their area too. He didn’t wanna be the second below Choi Minho.

“I ed your girlfriend named Kristina!” With full of confidence, Kris shouted out loud at Choi Minho’s face

Chanyeol nudged his elbow and whispered him. “It’s not Kristina, you stupid! It’s Krystal!”

“Ah, yeah! I mean Krystal!” Then, he gave him a slight smirk, feeling he won over Choi Minho

But then, Minho shouted. “GUYS! WE HAVE TO FINISH UP OUR GUEST RIGHT NOW!!” After the shouting, all Minho’s friends came up from the rooms. They all looked like real gangsters, tall , bulky arms and calves, fierce faces, scars and tattoos on their body. Kris and his friends saw them bringing some sticks and couldn’t think any way to beat them all up.

“RRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!” Kris shouted out loud and commanded all of his friends to run away from them all

“LITTLE PUNK, COME BACK HERE!!!!!!” Minho shouted back as he chased after Kris

“Kris! Why are you so coward?!?!” Lay who was running with Kris to save his life scolded his stupid leader

“You call me coward, you’re coward too! ! I thought he was all alone!” Kris ruffled his own hair, he admitted it to himself that he and his friends were pathetic

“And what’s with Krystal??? You really ed her??” Chanyeol asked the taller boy while running as well

“Of course not! I don’t even know her, I was just teasing him!”

“Why are you so stupid??? And why am I friend with you??? AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! Why am I so idiot??” Chanyeol felt his world turned upside down, being friend with Kris was never a good thing from the start. He became Kris’s friend because his parents were close to Kris’s and he had already known that Kris was the worst and the most idiot student in their school.

After long way of running, they met their school principal on the street as Minho’s gang were still chasing after them all.

“Oh, no! Guys, we’re ed!!!” Baekhyun shouted as he saw the car of their school principal, the old man got out of his car and saw them all with wide eyes  

“WHAT’S THIS?!?!?!?!?” His voice was loud, standing in front of Kris and his friends, then, his eyes caught Minho and his gang were behind them. “YOU’RE ALL HAVING FIGHT AGAIN?!?!??!?!?!??!”

It always turned out just like usual, school principal scold them and gave them detention in the school. All Kris’s friends blamed him for the trouble this time, Kris just rolled their eyes and he blamed the others for another trouble.

“oKyungsoo hit Minho first not me!” Kris glared at all the shortest boy. “And you, kungfu panda! You’re the one who had that idea not me! So, don’t blame me for this!”

“Alright, alright, shut it! This is our fault! We’re all wrong!” Xiumin tried to be wise for the boys this time. “But, can we change? I mean not being this messed.”

Jongin who was being quite after all this time finally spoke. “No, we can’t.” He shook his head as his gaze directed to Kris. “We’ll never change because we’re already ed.”

“Yo! Why are you looking at me??” Kris shouted to the shorter boy and almost approached him to give him a punch but Chanyeol pulled him back by holding his arms

“Kris, we voted you to be our gangsta leader, remember? And you always bring us into trouble. Principal almost kicked us out of this school.” Luhan tried to speak his mind

“What’s your point?” Suho asked him for further

“It’s time for us to change. Don’t get into trouble anymore.” Luhan continued it, the others were being quite, didn’t know how to respond this cute boy. They were caught in silence for five minutes, thinking about what Luhan’s suggestion.

They thought if they were being kind and all good stuff, it wasn’t that interesting because they didn’t know what to reach, what to chase. They liked being like this although detention was always in front of their face but being together like this were very good, they all shared similar interests and all. It felt like a family for them all.

“Well….” Sehun finally opened his mouth. “I’m not sure, but I’ll think about that later.”

“Me too.” Chen added

“Yeah, me too.” Baekhyun continued and the others just followed. They all promised with each other that they would meet again tomorrow after the school to talk about this.

 

==

One fine day, it went just like usual. Kris was being all over his new girlfriend, she was Song Qian, their senior in high school. Every girl’s eyes were looking at them being lovey dovey while walking down the corridor. Kris always accompanied the older girl everywhere, bringing her books from library, her make up stuff from her locker and everything.

She was the most beautiful girl in this school and no boys could approach her but Kris, the most idiot and the greatest playboy in the school.

“I wanna eat lunch, do you wanna buy me some?” Song Qian asked Kris who was busy bringing her stuff

“Anything just for you.” Kris plastered his smile on his face, he completely didn’t know that he was being fooled by the girl.

They both walked together down the corridor to reach the canteen. Getting through the garden of the school, Kris’s eyes caught someone who was very enchanting under the tree. She was reading a book while having lunch which was in her container.

He thought that he had already dated all the girls in this school and Song Qian was the last, but no. He missed someone, she was very special in his eyes and he didn’t have any idea who that girl was.

“Hey, old lady.” Kris called the older girl from behind and Song Qian turned around, seeing Kris with full of anger because he just called her with inappropriate words. “Goodbye.”

He put all of her stuff in her hands very fast and ran away from the girl while Song Qian shouted out loud to Kris. “HEY YOU!! COME BACK HERE!! WHY ARE YOU LEAVING ME LIKE THIS?!?!?!”

Kris didn’t give a single to the girl, he just let the girl in despair and embarrassment while running to the girl that his eyes caught for the first sight.

Kris made his position and sat in front of the girl that he spotted under the tree while the cute girl didn’t notice his appearance but only stared at her book. For awhile, Kris only admired her, didn’t let out any word to come out from his mouth. He loved seeing that girl, everything she did was beautiful in his eyes.

“AHEM!” He cleared his dry throat in order that the girl noticed his figure. “It’s really beautiful day, right?”

The girl finally moved her eyes to Kris’s figure in front of her. “Pardon?”

“I’m Kris, what’s your name, gorgeous?” He tried to ask her for handshake, waiting for her hand to touch his. He thought her hand must be very soft to touch, her milky white skin was very beautiful and she was very different from any other girls in this school.

“Amber.” She replied him, her soothing voice made his heart was like jumping from 100th floor then, riding Australian horse in one amazing race, meeting big killer whale in the blue ocean and went to Jurassic Park to be eaten by tyrannosaurus. It was all mashed up in one time because of this perfect creature in front of him

“Can I get your number, Amber?” He changed his voice into the soft one, without his hesitation, he just asked her about her number even though this was the first time they met

“No.” Amber replied him with stern voice. “We just met, we haven’t known each other yet. I can’t give my number to stranger, but if you want, you can ask my father.”

“Where can I meet your father then?” Kris asked her, without replacing his smile on his face

“My father is the principal in our school, you can meet him now.” Amber gave him a slight smile, then, got up to leave him. “Nice to meet you, Kris.”

Kris’s jaw still dropped, he couldn’t believe that the girl whom he liked was no other than his school principal’s daughter. Her appearance slowly disappeared from his eyes, his world crashed. For the first time ever in his life, he could feel broken heart. She was very far from his reach, he thought he never would get her.

 

 

 

“Yo, yo, yo!! Guys!!” Kris was the one who were being last when it came to gathering, although they all had promised to reach the place on time. He ran to the table with his wide eyes and sweat all over his face.

“What’s wrong with you now, dude? Do you wanna challenge Choi Minho again?” Kyungsoo asked the tallest boy cynically

“No!” Kris shook his head

“You date Song Qian?” Baekhyun tried to guess it

“No!” The tall boy shook his head again

“You really ed Krystal?” Lay guessed it

“NO!!” Kris shook his head for the third time, his face turned into sparkling mode, his smile was ear to ear. This was very the unusual Kris. “I’M FALLING IN LOVE!”

“WHAT??!?!?!!?!?!?!” The eleven boys shouted in unison, they couldn’t believe about what they just heard. Kris the stupid playboy was falling for someone, who was the unlucky girl? It was still a mystery for them.

“But how???” Tao asked him in English

“I just met her under the tree at the back of the school, she was reading a book beautifully as eating her bread with strawberry jam. I saw her lips, they were pink just like Barbie’s, they seem very soft and too fragile to touch. Her milky white skin which decorated her body, her hand was smooth and her voice sounded like lullaby in the night day. She’s perfect….”                                     

Kris described the girl with full of emotion, he was like falling down into wonderland and he just didn’t want to come back again. “Her name is Amber, it’s so beautiful name…”

“You can’t get her.” Chanyeol stopped Kris from his daydreaming with his deep voice. All pairs of the eyes were looking at him at the same time. “She’s our school principal’s daughter, she just came from LA. She’s smart, nice, organized, beautiful, perfectionist, she has great manners, I know her because we’re in the class together today.”

After hearing what Chanyeol said, the others agreed to him. A person just like Kris couldn’t have her, furthermore, being her boyfriend. It was just a big NO.

“Yeah, you can’t get her, Kris.” Baekhyun emphasized it

“She’s too far for you.” Chen added

 

“No.” Kris’s face turned into serious one. “I promise I’ll change.” Kris clenched his fist and put it on his chest, making a promise that he wouldn’t break. “I won’t be bad guy anymore, I’ll study until my nose will be bleeding and I’ll get her later.”

His friends were all like dumbfounded and jawdropping, they really couldn’t believe about what they just saw and heard from a person just like Kris.  Then, the tallest boy began to disappear while his friends looked at each other’s face as still thought about what just happened with their dumb best friend.

“Is he serious?” Chen asked for the others’ answers

“I’m not sure.” Suho answered him

“Let’s see tomorrow if he dated another girl again.” Chanyeol was still in his diggity about Kris

“If he really changed, thanks to Amber.” Baekhyun added

 

~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~0~~~~~~0~~~~~0~~~~~~0~~~~~~0~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~0~~~~~0~~~~~~

 

Months had passed, time flied really fast and Kris was still in obsession to reach the love of his life. He really tried really hard to prove that he was very serious, he studied every day even he took many courses even though his brain’s space was very limited but because of Amber, he would do everything. Sometimes, his friends told him to take a rest and stop studying for awhile but, he was still in his path.

Being basketball captain, stop being playboy, stop being troublesome boy and being one of the top 100 students in his school although he was right in number 100 and Amber was the first, at least he proved he wasn’t that stupid just like before. But, everytime he wanted to talk to Amber and ask her for a date, the girl always rejected him but with full of smile because she just wanted to test his seriousness. There was swimming class, violin, piano, guitar courses, homework for tomorrow and so on were always her reasons for refusing his offer.

This was the last semester of the school and he still couldn’t get Amber’s heart. He promised this time, he would date her no matter what.

“Amber, please…” Kris was begging her right at the bleachers after basketball match, his team celebrated their winning by kissing the trophy but he approached his first love to accompany him for the date

“I should accompany my dad, he’s sick in the house.” As always, Amber rejected him again. This time, her face didn’t show her smile to Kris. “Congratulation for your winning anyway.”

Kris was pouting and playing with his fingers. “What if I accompany you in your house? We can take care of your dad together, furthermore, he will be my father in law in the future.” He told her straightforwardly and successfully made her smile again

“Okay.” Right now, she let him accompany her. He was becoming so bright, Amber’s agreement was 9999999999999999999 times more exciting than just winning a basketball match. After three years of waiting, disappointing many times, falling down, broken heart, stuttering while talking with her, her rejection, finally this was it. He wouldn’t throw away this gold chance, this was Amber whom he adored from the very first time he saw her figure.

Then, Amber asked him to celebrate his winning first with his friends. She told him that she would text him her address after that.

Kris ran away with happiness in his heart, he called his best friends and told them all that Amber invited him to her house. “I WILL DATE HER TONIGHT!!!!!”

“CONGRATZ!!!!” Suho shouted out loud in the middle of the basketball hall

“OH MY GOD!!!” Tao shouted right in Kris’s ear and hugged him tightly

“Finally there’s someone who really sees you in different way, Kris!!!” Chanyeol ruffled his hair

“I’m not that stupid, right?????” Kris asked them all

“NO, YOU’RE NOT!!!!!!” They all answered in unison, his friends were proud of him, his affection towards Amber, his effort was finally paid off. Actually, they really thanked Amber because she had changed Kris into a good boy. If Amber wasn’t coming to this school, maybe, Kris was always the worst student or even he could kill 12 birds everyday in his spare time.

 

After receiving Amber’s text message, he drove his car to Amber’s house at 7 PM. His heart couldn’t contain this feeling, he had prepared a bundle of roses for Amber and oranges for his school principal. His heart beat faster when he was near Amber’s house, he just parked his car in front of the gate. He checked his looks first before getting out of the car and brought the stuff for Amber and the man that he thought would be his future father in law.

He pushed the door bell, taking a deep sigh because he was very nervous. He closed his eyes tightly and thinking how gorgeous Amber would be. A voice was coming, he knew it very well even though his eyes still closed.

“Kris, you’re coming.”

“Amber…” His mind was still in his fantasy while seeing her in front of his eyes. He couldn’t believe that he would see her in her house, that oversized shirt, those short pants, that short brown hair, those brown eyes, that cute nose, those pinky lips, everything was perfect.

“Kris?” Amber waved her hand in front of Kris’s face, he was all smiling ridiculously and wasn’t back from his wonderland yet. Finally, Amber snapped her fingers so that he went back to reality. “Kris!”

“Huh? Oh, yeah! Hey, good evening.” He stuttered while talking to her and it wasn’t the first time. Amber knew he was nervous and always be nervous when he was with her, he was just cute in her eyes and very funny too.

“Err…” Amber narrowed her eyes because it felt awkward right now, her eyes caught the bundle of roses that he held by his right hand. “I think you’re supposed to give me those roses.”

“What?” Kris was being dumbfounded again. He saw the roses in his hand but then, instead of giving her the roses, he a bit. “Ah, I wanna give this to your mother.”

“Oh…” She nodded a bit and her smile faded from her face. “I don’t have a mother.”

Kris’s eyes grew wide, he felt sorry because he didn’t know about it. It was his fault, after three years and he hadn’t known that her mother had already died years ago. “I-I-I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I don’t know about that.”

“It’s okay.” She smiled again, her hands took the roses from his hand even though Kris hadn’t given it for her. “Thank you so much.”

“Let’s go inside.” Amber motioned him to go inside her house to meet her dad who was sick in his bedroom. She twirled the knob and saw his father who lied on his bed weakly

“Dad, my friend is coming. His name is Kris, I told you before about him, right?” Amber positioned herself beside her father’s bed

“Who? OH!!! THIS KRIS!!” Amber’s father’s was surprised when he saw Kris. “YOU!!! You are the worst student that I’ve ever had! You’re dating my daughter?!?!?!”

“No, no, no, dad. He has changed. Look, he’s one of the best students in our school right now, even you announced his name as the best basketball captain and top 100 students before, remember?” Amber was defending Kris while the boy only stayed quite and looked down at the floor. He couldn’t see Amber’s father’s eyes because that old man was very scary

“Really?” Her father asked Amber for making sure about what he just heard and the girl only nodded. “You, little punk.”

“Y-y-yes, sir?” Kris stammered again, more than before. His sweat fell from his temple, he was too nervous right now

“Do you love my daughter?” The old man asked the young boy with stern voice, Amber only looked at Kris with pity face

“Yes, sir. I love your daughter with all of my heart.” Kris tried to become a mature man in front of his future father in law

“Do you wanna marry her?” Her father asked him straightforwardly, making Kris see him in shock

“Dad!” Amber was whining

“Yes, I’ll spend the rest of my life with her.”

“You will take care of her?”

“Of course!”

“You have to become a great man first before marrying my daughter. I don’t approve you today.” Her dad gave him one condition while making Kris’s heart fall down in misery

“But I will someday if you promise me.” Her dad continued it again. Kris’s face became bright, he kept smiling from ear to ear while giving the old man a hug. Amber couldn’t do anything but only laughed seeing them two together.

 

 

“Well, Sorry. He‘s too much.” Amber asked Kris to join her at the back of the house

“It’s okay, I like your dad, besides, I promise I’ll marry you someday.” Kris was always being straightforward when it came to Amber. He always told her about his feeling for her although deep inside his heart he knew it was unrequited love but it didn’t make him give up on her.

“Err…” Amber herself didn’t know what to reply him when it came to this situation. “Kris, actually, there’s something that I should tell you.”

“What’s that?” Kris’s heart raced again because her voice sounded serious right now

“I will go back to LA, my dad needs treatment there.” Amber told him right away. She didn’t intend to break his heart but it was for the sake of her father.

Then, Kris’s world crashed again. It was for the million times in his life, Amber was the only girl who could break his heart into pieces just like this. From the first time, he knew he would never get her because she was something, she was too amazing compared to him. He was messed, bad, idiot, he was totally low, compared to her, he was just nothing. He didn’t suit her, after three years of chasing after her heart, he couldn’t get her.

Being the second best student in his school was totally nothing for him because he still couldn’t get Amber’s heart. He cried a lot when he and his friends were bidding goodbye for Amber to go back to LA again.

“Amber… My llama, do you know I love you?” Kris’s trembling voice could be heard by Amber. “I love you so much.”

“Kris…” Amber tried to wipe his tears but he kept crying like a little boy. “I like you so much. You’re very nice and a good boy. You’re always being honest to me..”

“I change because of you and now you leave me. How can I live my life?” Kris held Amber’s hands

Amber bit her bottom lip, she felt wrong for leaving him but this was all for her dad. She had to accompany him to LA. Then, she remembered something. She bought an alpaca doll before because Kris always told him that her face looked like a llama.

“This is for you, you always say I look like this animal.” Amber gave the doll to Kris

“But this is alpaca, not a llama.” Kris whined

“They’re family, duh. Please, Kris, let me leave, don’t cry anymore.”

“Will you go back?”

“I’ll call you.” Amber gave him a smile, she bit her lips because of this hesitation for kissing him. She just didn’t want to break his heart anymore, he had been always in misery because of her. Her mind kept telling her to kiss him but her body refused to do it but right now, she just screwed it.

Her lips were on his, he was shocked and so were his friends. She tip toed to reach him and her hands held his head, pressing her lips on his and just closed her eyes. He didn’t reply her kiss, she knew he was nervous and surprised.

She stopped the kiss and saw his expression, it was blank. He was still in his fantasy about her, so, she just said goodbye to him. “Bye, Kris.”

She told him but he didn’t respond her but became a stone, she bowed to his best friends and they were just being stone same like Kris because of her sudden action before. Amber just turned around and left them all who were stunned.