Chapter 36

There is no Plan B, Plan A will definitely work.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Hana’s POV[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2] 

[CONTENTID3]

I sat there for five minutes straight drowning in my thoughts with my arms crossed tightly. If Zico dares to show up one more time I will personally start strangling him, I won’t even give him the chance to say sorry for being annoying. I don’t think that he actually realised what he did because he’s still taking everything as a joke when I was completely serious. We haven’t even arrived in France and I’m already losing my mind over this boy. I took a deep breath in and slowly loosened my posture; when I stretched my legs out my head turned to my right at a weird sound.

 Hyomin looked like she was hyperventilating and it brought a sudden wave of insecurity over me, I surely forgot that I was angry a second ago because this girl was freaking me out with her fear of being high in the sky. She tried everything: listening to music, reading, sleeping but she’d always gasp at the plane dropping altitude slightly and start another panic attack. I wanted to help but I didn’t know how, we still had a couple of hours left and I was nearly starting to get a panic attack myself for being around this girl, I was nearly as frustrated to have one.

Hyemi was chewing gum with her eyes closed and hands underneath her head, not a care in the world. On the other hand I was completely stressed out and the only thing in my mind right now was a nice hot bath, I know, out of the blue but that’s what relaxes me. 

The films they had on board were so boring it actually took my thoughts back to Zico. I frowned at the reminder of his stupid actions again. I just couldn’t believe how lightly he treated the whole situation; if that was me staring at some other boy he would have went berserk, I didn’t even say anything when he looked, I just left unnoticed. And what did he do? Instead of apologizing sincerely to me he made a stupid joke. I exhaled with anger and felt a headache starting up. Maybe I should stop thinking about it. I repositioned my body on the uncomfortable seat and cleared away my bad thoughts.

As I found my relaxing spot on the seat (which was ten minutes later) I closed my eyes, everyone’s voices descended at this point and Hyomin seemed to also have dropped down Alice’s rabbit hole. My mind relaxed and before I knew it I drifted off too.

‘’The plane will be landing in twenty minutes’’ The announcement had woken me up with panic. The moment I moved my neck I scrunched up my face in pain. ‘’Why is it always me?’’ I mumbled softly. I tried to move my sore body into a straight position with careful actions. My back had certainly felt like it had been reshaped, my left arm was numb and my head was exploding because everyone got hit with another round with excitement and their mouths were uncontrollable. I took my time stretching myself out and my time to get my clothes back into place.

Hyomin who seemed to be better looked at me. ‘’I’m so glad we’re finally here’’ she said with relief. I nodded with agreement; I wanted to be out of this seat, I wanted to properly give my body a stretch because it really felt like I slept inside a small box. The headache from earlier wasn’t as strong but I still had it so I drank some water thinking it’d help.

Of course everyone went silent when the plane landed and when the wheels touched France territory they started clapping. I sat there massaging my temples as they started talking all at once because of the successful landing and I felt Hyomin grip onto me tightly. Yes, I know you’re glad you’re still alive Hyomin but please take it easy on my arm.

Unable to be patient they obviously ignored instructions to wait and the eager teenagers rushed towards the exit of the plane. We waited a while for the door to open so I stayed sat down on my seat until the animals got off first, even the other people did the same, well, it wasn’t like they could have stood up anyway the corridor was clogged up with teenagers.

When the corridor had emptied out we also got up, being one of the last people out a teacher had followed behind us to make sure no one was left behind. It was Ms Yang. It was the teacher that had a slit down her skirt once in lesson, I helped her out in the end though, and she was the same teacher that didn’t send me to the heartache when I was so late to lesson with Kai the time when I was strangled by the obsessed bully.

We all waited for our suitcases to come and my eyes traced along to find the black suitcase with the silver stripe along the side to arrive. I leaned on my left leg as it really took long for them all to come out, I had the feeling that it was lost because some girl was freaking out saying that hers got lost, moments later she walked off to the group with a smile on her face as hers got here. By the end I was still standing there with the teacher, waiting for my suitcase to come. Ms Yang talked with one of the staff members but he said that all of the bags and suitcases had come out. I closed my eyes and let my breath out slowly. Why is it always me?

All I had with me was the small bag I took my valuables in. Ms Yang turned to me with an apologetic face after the guy said sorry on the behalf of the airline’s mistake. Great. I was in a foreign country with no things. I joined the rest of the group looking at the floor, disappointed and exhausted for standing for too long. I was in complete distress. It was agonising, imagine losing the best and new things you bought and packed neatly into a suitcase in a foreign country, it makes you lose your mind.

We were heading outside of the airport and because we joined them last we were at the end of the line. I was all bitter and sad because my things were lost but also angry because they couldn’t afford to make 59 other students wait for me to find my suitcase which was probably in some other plane or simply lying around somewhere in this airport. And even if it was in this airport then I don’t think the promise of getting it back to me will actually be met, it’s goodbye to that suitcase from now on. 

As we walked towards the exit of the airport I saw people reuniting, tight hugs, big and nervous smiles, gifts, flowers, children waiting with one parent, tears and loud screams as recognition for spotting the person’s arrival. I wanted to smile at the sight but my bad luck just didn’t let me. A hand patted my back.

‘’Don’t worry Hana, I’ll take you out personally to buy some new clothes’’ Ms Yang sweetly said. We women have an emotional attachment to clothes so she must have felt the need to help my sad little soul. ‘’No need, I’ve got my own savings’’ I said thinking it was kind of her. ‘’No. I’m in a good mood today and besides I want to buy some things as well… you get bigger discounts when you buy more’’ she whispered the last part. I guess she loves shopping then and I just gave her an excuse to do it. At least one person is taking my bad luck in a good way.

I chuckled slightly at her; she’s a good person for even considering my current situation other teachers would have called my uncle already stressing him out.  We got to the coaches waiting outside for us and I saw Zico waiting for everyone to go in. He looked like he was waiting for me though. I stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter