Chapter 28

There is no Plan B, Plan A will definitely work.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Hana’s POV[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

‘’You’re worrying me now, please tell me what’s wrong.’’ Daehyun kept persisting but I couldn’t bring myself to get my hands away from my face. How did all of this happen? ‘’Nothing… just that… I forgot to do my homework’’ I lied but it wasn’t enough.

‘’Do you think that I’m going to believe that?’’ he asked and tried to pull my hands away. No don’t! I was trying to figure out why this happened; I just broke up with Zico, how could my feelings for Daehyun develop this quickly? It was ridiculous. I felt ridiculous.

I wasn’t sure of myself, but I knew deep inside that I missed Zico. I missed him so much that I mistook his voice for someone else and now I’m reverting to give my feelings away to someone else thinking that it could save me and heal my broken heart.

He finally managed to pull my hands away from my face and I lunged towards him and hid my face in his chest. I didn’t want him to see me, I wanted to hide myself. He wrapped his arms around me and I found myself crying. I don’t know why though.

 It was too much for me to handle, I didn’t know what I was feeling for whom anymore. It was something that I wasn’t aware until now, I realized that I still loved Zico even after he had hurt me with those words he had said to me and after everything he had done to me. And now I finally came to the conclusion that my feelings got mixed up with someone else and now I wasn’t sure what was going on. I felt stupid for being in this situation that I didn’t even think was possible.

And then it hit me, reality did. Why was I carrying all of these feelings with me when Zico didn’t even care? Why did I have the feeling that he still loved me? It all remained unexplained. Was I hoping that he’d suddenly turn around for me and forget everything that happened?

‘’It hurts’’ I said. My heart was the one that was suffering the most. His hands wrapped around me tighter and he brought me closer to him. I realised that he was always here to help me. Always there when I felt down and always there when I needed a shoulder to cry on. ‘’ Just tell me what you need and I’ll do anything in my power to get it’’ he said.

I need Zico. My mind screamed.

 I didn’t say it. I couldn’t. I knew what reality was, Zico wouldn’t care, he’d never come. ‘’Nothing’’ I said. Just then the bell went. ‘’Do you want to go home?’’ he asked. I shook my head and I pulled away.

I wiped away all of my tears and tried to smile. My failure to form a smile made him grab my hand. I tried to pull my hand away but I couldn’t do it, his grip was too firm. ‘’No, I’ll stay’’ I said and looked down. It was like I was a puzzle, an incomplete one. I couldn’t seem to find the missing part and it made me feel hollow. No one could help me no matter if I was at home or at school, things would remain the same.

He released my hand after people started coming in, I didn’t want people to start new rumours and he left as he understood what I feared when I begged him to leave.

As the students came in I felt someone take the seat next to me. Hyemi. ‘’Are you okay?’’ she asked and I nodded. I was tired of this question now. And of giving away the same answer. After I nodded I wondered if my eyes were red. Oh well, it’s not like anyone cares, most of these girls want to see me dead, in fact I think Hyemi is the only one normal in here.

I lay back on my chair and listened to the teacher. Well, I was listening but my mind was elsewhere. I was thinking of Zico, what was he thinking, what was he doing. I was worrying for him, I always did. Whenever he’d go to fight off some gang I’d worry for him, I always feared that he’d get hurt.

It was when Hyemi poked me I realized that the lesson was over. I grabbed my bag and the things lying on my desk and I made my way out. We both walked to our next lesson and I just always had the feeling that someone was following me. I kept turning around to see who but there’d only be other students walking in all directions. Maybe I was losing my mind.

Just like that the day was quickly coming to an end, I found myself spacing out, a lot; in class, in the middle of a conversation and while walking. I actually bumbled into a lot of people and my friends had to save me from getting killed. Hannah was about to play a prank on me and if Eun Young hadn’t stepped in I would have seriously ended up being a laughing stock.

I was just coming out of my last lesson’s classroom and I realized that I had to go to my usual detention. I dragged my feet in the opposite direction after bidding goodbye to my friends and walked right past my locker. I’ll place my things in there when I’ll come back I thought avoiding it.

I walked through the gym and went straight to the storage room. As always, there was a mess in there. I placed my bag down and started collecting all of the footballs and putting them back in the football sack, it took me a while…

When I was about to pick up the last football I saw someone else bending down to get it. Daehyun was here.

He threw it in the football sack and I tied it so they wouldn’t come out. I looked around, there’s still a lot to do. As we tidied up the room he tried to talk to me but I only gave him short answers. For some reason I kept trying to keep away from him. If he’d come to tidy up in my area, I’d start working in the opposite direction, it was so weird, well, my heart was acting weird. I thought the best way to get out of it was to get away from him.

When we finally finished, which was half an hour later I grabbed my bag and walked towards the entrance of the gym. ‘’Hold on. Let me walk home with you’’ he said and ran after me. I didn’t say anything; I just let him walk beside me.

 I wasn’t quite sure what my relation to Daehyun was or what it was turning into so it felt weird every time he’d offer to help me or offer to walk me home. As I reached my locker I opened it and reached into my bag to get my books out and put them back in the locker.

A white envelope caught my attention, Daehyun wasn’t paying attention to me, he was texting on his phone so I took the opportunity to open it and read the message inside it.

With every word I read my heart sank, it really was something that I never expected to get. ‘’ I know what you’re trying to do, but it’s not going to work. Stop showing up everywhere I go or I’ll kill you.’’ –Zico

I placed the piece of paper back in the envelope and I looked blankly at the back of my locker, my hands gripped on the envelope and suddenly Daehyun showed up next to me.

‘’What’s that?’’ he asked pointing to the envelope. I placed it back in my locker. ‘’Hyomin left me a message for me, my uncle is picking me up today’’ I lied and placed my books neatly in my locker. Tears were already gathering at the bottom of my eyes, making my vision blurry.

 ‘’So I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, right’’ I said without looking at him and trying to suppress the shakiness coming through my voice. I was still sorting out my books, just to buy myself some time and avoid looking at him. ‘’Oh, okay. I’ll see you tomorrow then. Take care of yourself, okay?’’ he replied and I nodded.

‘’Bye’’ I said and I heard his footsteps fade away and when they were no longer in the reach of my ears I finally let those tears go. My heart was taking stab after stab and I was no longer sure if it was going to keep up. I left the white envelope in my locker and I forcefully closed it. As I was resting my hands on the locker and I let my head down. What am I going to do? I never intended to do anything to Zico and now he’s threatening me?

I pushed myself off the locker and grabbed onto the strap of my bag and I wiped away the tears from my eyes. It was a difficult task as they’d keep on flowing continuously. I walked outside in the schools’ front yard and noticed a figure waiting at the gate and because it was dark I couldn’t figure out who it was.

 When I approached the gate I noticed that it was a girl. I came outside the school site and as soon as I looked at her I recognised her face. It was Hannah. I tried to hide my face as I walked past her and it was inevitable, she could still see that it was me. I heard her laugh and snicker at me. ‘’Now do you see? He chose me instead.’’

Her words pierced my heart.

I couldn’t ignore them. I wondered how Zico got to the stage of actually choosing her, it didn’t make any sense. I walked away without saying anything. I didn’t really know where I was going, I walked past the road leading to my bus stop and it seemed like I was walking wherever my feet took me to.

I walking and walking until I heard shouts and screams, I found myself in the middle of a fight. How is it that I always get myself in these situations?

There were two gangs surrounding me, fighting and I guess I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. ‘’Hana?’’ I heard a familiar voice call out and before I knew it I was being pulled away.  It appeared that Sunggyu brought me away from the fight when I snapped out of my daze. He looked at me with concern while I was blankly staring at him. I hadn’t responded to any of his questions and he seemed worried about me.

‘’What are you doing here?’’ he asked once again. It was now when I became of aware of the fact that it was raining, he had placed his jacked over my head but I pushed it away and handed it back to him.

 I walked away; I just wanted to be alone. I heard him calling after me but I ignored him. He didn’t come after me and as the yells and screams faded away I was reminded once again that Zico hated me. I felt lonely and another round of tears started off.

I found myself walking wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter