Let The Best Man Win

The Conceited Jerks

Let The Best Man Win

Recap:  "I'm sorry. This isn't what it looks like. I would never break a promise with you. Please just let me explain." he begged you, looking straight into your eyes.

"You should be sorry. I gave you a second chance, but you completely screwed it up just like any other guy would. I gave you TWO chances. You really should watch what you do next time you have a girlfriend. Well, your time is done. I can't believe I wasted my time with a guy like you." you said to him, while taking one last look at him and walking away with tears streaming down your delicate face.

Doojoon looked at you walking away from him for good. He turned frustrated at what he had just done. He got into his car drove to a bar and drank and drank until he was wasted from all the alchohol.

You on the other hand were pissed off at yourself for being so stupid to trust a guy that you simply turned blind from the feelings you were having. You called for Yunho to come and pick you up, while crying hysterically on the phone. Yunho didn't need to know why exactly. He had a slight idea as to why you were crying, but didn't ask for the sake of it. He didn't need anymore drama as for the time being. He had enough on his hands, so he quickly got into his car and drove off to pick you up.

You got into the car, still sniffling from all the crying you had just done. Yunho looked at you with a sad, longing face. He knew very well as to how the crying started. His hands slowly turned into fists, his eyes were now nearly on fire. Doojoon was your first boyfriend and he didn't want you to be hurt because of one guy in your life, when there are many others out there waiting for you. Yunho quickly drove home and told Jaejoong and the rest of the guys to take good care of you, while he went to handle some business.

Jaejoong, being the mother of the group, asked him where he was going, but Yunho didn't say anything. He simple replied with a "just somewhere, please take good care of Nikki for me, she's really hurt."

"Araso. I will, but why is she hurt?" Jaejoong asked him

"Ask her yourself. I really have to go now, so please keep your promise with me."

Okay. Take care of yourself too, araso." Jaejoong told him in a wifey kind of a tone. (I just love YunJae)

"Araso, Wifey" Yunho replied, which made Jaejoong's face cringe in disgust, but a smile could be seen plastered on his face.

Yunho left and the other 4 gathered in the kitchen, thinking up a plan that would get Nicole to spill on what just happened.

After the break up, Doojoon went back to dorms, sulking and reaking of alchohol.

"Hey Doojoon, do you want to help me make dinner?" asked Junhyung, right when Doojoon opened the door to the dorm.

Doojoon just ignored him and went straight to his room, slamming the door in the process. Everybody jumped from the sudden noise produced by the door. They looked at each other, simply asking what was wrong with him. They each shook their heads, indicating that none of them knew what happened and the reason as to why he was sulking. Everything was silent in the dorm, nothing could be heard but the soft whimpers coming from none other than Doojoon's room. Over the week, everybody noticed a sudden mood change in both Doojoon and Nicole. Doojoon wasn't concentrating well during rehearsals, so he was replaced by Junhyung. Nicole wasn't concentrating as well, but whenever she came in for rehearsal, you could see her eyes were red and puffy, showing that she had cried herself to sleep. Bags and dark cicles were found under her eyes. Everybody was worried about the two, but they couldn't do anything about it. The two completely isolated themselves from the world. They were pratically dead. They just showed up to rehearsals, shows, and music performances.

After the week was over, Nicole slowly started to change. Everyone wondered why and how she suddenly changed out of the blue. Nobody bothered to ask though, if she was happy then that was enough. Only Changmin, being the smartass he was, noticed that not only Nicole was slowly becoming herself, but Kikwang was happier and was smiling much more than before. Befor he was sulking and was upset seeing Nicole so sad and upset over the break-up with Doojoon. He decided to do some research as to why suddenly Nicole and Kikwang had a sudden boost of energy.

"Hey Kikwang, can I speak to you after rehearsal? Nikki, wait for me out in the car. I'll be right there." Changmin told Nicole as she was getting her things ready to leave. Since it was his turn to pick up Nicole, he decided to start his research then. 

"Araso. We can go talk now if you want, Hyung." Kikwang said as Changmin nodded his head and the both of them headed out to the hallway to talk.

"Kikwang, I need to ask you something that may seem a little personal, but I really need you to be honest with me." Changmin started as Kikwang just nodded, indicating for him to continue.

"Do you like Nicole?" Changmin asked, the look on his face clearly said 'you-better-tell-the-truth' and he was completely serious.

"Uhh, yeh. I like Nicole. I've liked her ever since I found out I was going to be dancing with her for her debut. I never wanted to say anything because it looked like she really liked Doojoon Hyung, but after seeing them break-up; I want to be the one that heals her and the one to stand by her side when 's down. I may have not been the perfect one for her in the start, but I'm completely committed in changing just to be with her. Will you allow me to be the boyfriend that is there for her?" Kikwang asked Changmin. The look in his eyes were showing he was trustworthy and that he was going to stand by on what he had just said.

Changmin being the understanding man he was, nodded his head, but the look in his eyes displayed something else.

"I may have accepted you for her, but that doesn't mean the other guys have. When I say other guys, I mean Yunho. At the beginning, she would come home from practice and complain and curse you out so much, but she would compliment Doojoon and blush whenever we asked about him.  I know for a fact that the members will accept you soon enough, but Yunho is going to be hard to get through to. He doesn't want to see his beloved sister getting hurt by another BEAST member. One is enough, and on top of that, he was her first boyfriend." Changmin explained to Kikwang, giving him a look of sympathy, but also a look of understanding and hope. Kikwang nodded, a look of disappointment showing on his face.

Clapping was then heard from the corner of the hallway. 

"Wow, I would think that maybe after your hyung messed up, you would help him get back with the girl he had messed it up with, even if you have feelings for her, but I guess I was wrong." Doojoon said, with a look of hatred and betrayal clearly shown on his face.

"I would help you if you hadn't broke her heart two times. You messed up both your chances, so this time it's my turn to try and win her over." Kikwang said, taking slow steps towards Doojoon, face-to-face with him.

"Fine. If that's how you want  to play then two can play this game. Both of us will try and impress her, but in the end she chooses whomever she wants  to be with and the other will simply walk away from the one she chooses. He will also leave the two to be be happy with each other and will support them as well." Doojoon clearly stated, teeth clenched and fists balled up, facing Kikwang. 

"Okay. Deal. Let The Best Man Win." stated an angered Kikwang.

Kikwang put his hand out for Doojoon to take, indicating that this was the truce they had made and they will keep to it. Changmin just stood there, looking back and forth at the two, verbally fighting. Even though, he knew clearly on who would win in the end. He wondered on how far these two boys would go, just to win the heart of his precious, beloved Nicole.

 

Finally updated. Hope you enjoyed it! Leave comments telling me what you though about it. Read the nect chapter to find out where Yunho went. I'll try to update as soon as possible. Who do you think will win your heart?