Hyoyeon

The Dream Thief

Bora sat on the bed, hugging her knees to her chest. Her hair stuck onto her wet face, which she got from crying so much.  

No... not another one...

"Unnie, please open the door!" Dasom pleaded, standing outside of Bora's bedroom.

"Give it up, Dasom. She's not going to open the door even if the world depends on it." Soyou sat on the couch in the living room, hugging a pillow that was on it. Her eyes were bloodshot from the lack of sleep.

"But I'm worried about unnie." Dasom replied. Soyou sighed. Nobody had expected this to happen. The phone call was too sudden in the first place...

 

 

Ring! Ring-ring!

"Do you hear something?" Bora asked tiredly, getting out of her bed. She suddenly remembered that she was the only one using the bedroom, now that Hyorin's gone. Sighing, she got up and walked towards the house phone. As Soyou and Dasom were still fast asleep, she carefully tiptoed across their bedroom door, quite surprised that they didn't hear the phone ring. "Hello?" She said, as she picked up the receiver.

"..."

At first, she couldn't make out the muffled voice that she was hearing. 

"Hello?"

"...Bora..."

That voice...

"Tiffany unnie?"

"You got to help us!" Tiffany pleaded, her voice sounding strain from crying.

"What's going on? And why are you crying?"

"Hyo... Hyoyeon's missing!"

"What?!" Bora exclaimed, not believing what she heard.

"She wasn't in her room, and she's not picking up our calls." Tiffany replied weakly. "Bora, I'm scared..."

Bora didn't hear that sentence.

She already dropped the receiver.

 

 

Both Soyou and Dasom woke up by the sudden slam of the door beside their bedroom. As Dasom tried to open the door to Bora's room, Soyou noticed the receiver that was still on the ground. Tracing back the call, she realised the situation that happened in her sleep, and also received the bad news. Dasom, though hearing it out from Soyou, still continued to try to open the locked door.

 

Finally realising that Bora wasn't going to open the door any sooner, Dasom sat onto the couch, buried her face into her hands and sobbed. Soyou went over and comforted the maknae.

"Unnie, what's going on? I'm scared." Dasom said weakly.

"Don't worry." Soyou replied, bring the young girl close to her. "I'm sure Hyoyeon's going to be okay."

I Hope.

 


 

It was utter chaos at the SNSD dorm.

On one hand, there are three girls brawling their hearts out.

On the other hand, there are another three girls trying the calm the crying girls... and themselves.

Only Seohyun and Taeyeon were collected enough to tell their manager and the police. Most of the time spent after was just worrying about Hyoyeon.

Shinee didn't expect to meet such a sight.

 

"Noonas, please stop crying." Taemin said gently, as he passed tissues to each of the sobbing girls. "Did you try calling her?"

"We did, but she not picking up." Sunny replied between sobs. 

"What if she ends up like Hyorin..." Tiffany shut her eyes tightly, wishing to never see the outcome. Fresh tears flow out of her eyes.

"She won't!" Jessica snapped, her eyes filled with tears. Tiffany looked at her sadly, knowing what the ice princess was thinking.

It's hard to be hopeful. 

 

Onew, being the leader of Shinee, tried to find a way to calm eight depressed girls effectively, obviously to no avail. Key just sat on the couch and puffed his cheeks.

"Key," Jonghyun scolded. "This is no time to act cute."

"I'm not." Key replied sharply. "It's just so frustrating! It was already depressing enough that Hyorin died, but now Hyoyeon's gone, six girls are crying, and Minho disappeared!"

"Minho hyung isn't here?" Taemin questioned, looking around. Sure enough, Minho was nowhere to be found.

Shinee sighed together.

What a day.

 


 

"Bora, open the door, please?" Minho pleaded.

 

It has already been two hours, but Bora wouldn't open the door. Worried, Minho finally kicked the door open, causing the door to break off of its hinge, and sent wood splinters flying in all directions towards the floor. Bora sat on Hyorin's bed, her knees tucked against her chest, and her long brown hair covering her face. Minho walked towards Bora, ignoring the splinters that littered the floor. Sitting beside her, he asked, "You okay?"

"..."

Minho placed his hand on her shoulder, suddenly realising how much Bora was trembling. He pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her. Her sobs became more prominent in his embrace. The two sat quietly, the room filled only with Bora's cries. Minho didn't utter a word, knowing the best thing he could do was to keep quiet.

 

Soon enough, Bora's cries turned into sniffs. Neither of them had said a single word for ten minutes. Still in Minho's warm embrace, she softly whispered, "You broke the door."

"I can always get another one." Minho replied. "Besides, I'm an idol."

Bora scoffed, a small smile returning to her face. "You know," Minho commented, "You look the most beautiful when you smile."

"How can I smile, with all this happening around me." Bora felt the pain returning. Minho wiped the tears off Bora's face. He looked into her eyes and smiled.

"Don't worry. We get her back safely, okay?"

Bora smiled, the pain finally melting away.

 

"MY GOSH! What happened to the door?!" Soyou exclaimed. The two turned around to see a really surprised Soyou and a surprisingly-not-shocked Dasom.

"Minho must have kicked the door down." Dasom cooed, leaving Bora and Minho speechless.

Wow, Bora thought, she's taking it well. "Don't worry," she assured Soyou. "Minho's getting a new one."

"Still, I have to clean this room again!" Soyou complained. She glared at Minho. "Seriously?! You had to do this when we're gone? I shouldn't have left you two alone in the house!"

Seeing Soyou so frustrated, Bora couldn't help but laugh. Minho looked happily at the finally cheerful girl.

You really look beautiful when you smile.

 


 

​The man sat down the chair, looking at the battered lump on the bed. He frowned in disgust. This wasn't what he had planned at first, but he never knew his dreamer would put up so much resistance. He got up and walked towards the girl, looking unhappily at the bruises covering her. "Not screaming anymore?"

"..." 

"Maybe you finally come to your senses." Hyoyeon wanted so badly to slap him, but the ropes tied around her hands to the bed frame prevented her from doing so. She froze as he her hair.

 

"You know," he continued, as he walked towards a table. "I wanted you to look as beautiful as Hyorin when I'm done with you, but you had to be so uncooperative." He picked up the thick rope left on top of it. "Look at what I have to do now."

Sensing the danger, Hyoyeon tried to scream again, causing her to cough badly. "Seriously, you don't learn at all, do you?" She struggled weakly as he wrapped the rope around her neck. With all her strength left, she looked at him fearfully. Seeing her frightful eyes, he finally softened a little. Letting go of the rope, he leaned forward and spoke assuringly, "I promise you, no one from Girl's Generation will get hurt anymore."

 

Hyoyoen didn't understand that at first, but as he picked up the rope again and began to tighten his grip, she soon understood.

No one will get hurt...

She felt the rope tighten around her neck. She felt her lungs fighting desperately for air.

... for I will be the first in Girl's Generation...

She felt her life fading slowly away. 

... and the last.

 

=======================================================================================================

Sorry for the really late update! It was really hard to think of a good plot for the story, considering that I not only had to worry about my first fanfic, but also for my exams which are still ongoing. STRESS! X(

Once my exams are done, I will try to update regularly, so please be patient. Hope you guys had enjoyed this chapter! :)