The Start

The Dream Thief

"So when did Hyorin last left the dorm?" Minho asked the members.

Both Sistar and Minho were at the girls' dorm to hang out and ask questions. They were all sitting on the couch in the living room, except Minho, who sat on another chair as he felt uncomfortable sitting with three girls. Minho noticed how committed Bora was to solving this case, and was glad about it.

"On the 1st of September." Dasom replied.

Hm... 5 days after, she was found, Minho thought.

"The killer must have worked really fast," Bora commented. "That's why we need to find him, of he'll get someone else..."

Someone else. None of them wanted to believe that. Someone else meant another person was going to die, and nobody knows whom.

 

"Why did Hyorin leave the dorm?" Minho asked, trying to remove the simultaneous thought that everyone had.

"Oh. She wanted to see her parents for a few days. She told us that she would be away for two days." Soyou replied.

"When did you suspect that something was wrong?"

"We tried calling her the day after, but she didn't pick up the phone. At first, we thought that she must be spending time with her parents, so we decided to call her in the evening. However, she didn't pick up then either." Bora told him. "We also tried to call her parents, and they told us that she never came. That's when we knew that something was off."

"Would she have lied to you girls for any reason?"

"I don't think so." Dasom replied. "Unnie is one of the most honest people that I know. Besides, she knows that we would worry if she didn't tell us where she was."

"I see..." Both Minho and Bora took their time to process the information that they got. If Hyorin never reached her parents' house, that means she would have been kidnapped on the 1st of September itself. The kidnapper was smart enough to switch off Hyorin's phone.

 

 

"I think this is enough for now. Thank you Soyou and Dasom." Minho told them. As Soyou and Dasom both left the couch and continued on with their activities, Minho got up and sat beside Bora. He might be uncomfortable sitting beside the girls, but Bora had always been an exception. As he looked at Bora, he realised how deep in thought she was in.

"What are you thinking about now?" he asked.

Bora kept a straight face as she replied, "I was wondering why Hyorin had to die."

"Why would you wonder that?"

"It's just... There are a lot of people who can sing better than Hyorin, right? And there are a lot of people who also have the same dream. So why her?" Bora asked sadly. "Off all the people out there, why her?"

 

Minho placed his comforting hand on her shoulder and smiled at her. "Maybe if it isn't her. Someone else had to die. We must always look at the brighter side of things, no matter how bad they seem, okay?"

Bora smiled. Only he would have known how to make her feel better. She knew that he was right. She couldn't bear to see anyone get killed, even if she isn't close to them. Hyorin's death meant that someone else is safe and alive, for now.

"We should quickly find the killer, so that other people will not suffer as much as I did." She told Minho, as she grabbed hold of Minho's hand that was on her shoulder.

"Of course we should."

 


 

Taeyeon felt the pain as she tried to get off of her bed. I must have drank too much, she thought. She staggered barely to the kitchen, and saw that the girls were having their breakfast. Seohyun, being the one that drank the least, was well enough to make hangover soup for her unnie-deul, though Taeyeon could tell that Seohyun was having a hard time too.

"Last night was such a fun time!" Sunny commented happily. "It feels so good to have a few shots and destress."

"You're saying that this feels good?!" Sooyoung grumbled, before throwing up into the plastic bucket that she had prepared. Her hangovers weren't that pleasant.

"Hey look! Taeyeon unnie's awake!" Yoona commented. The members all turned their heads and greeted their leader.

"Morning. You girls feel okay?" Taeyeon asked the girls.

"I think we're all more or less okay, if you don't count Sooyoung." Sunny replied, as she looked at Sooyoung, who was in the middle of releasing her stomach contents again.

 

Taeyeon tried not to look at Sooyoung. The last thing she wanted was to puke as well. In the attempt to keep her contents in her stomach, she concentrated on the six others. Wait, six?! "Where's Hyoyeon?" she asked, just realising that she wasn't with the other members.

"I think she is still sleeping, unnie." Seohyun told her. "I should go wake her up."

"It's okay. I'll do it myself." Taeyeon replied. "She got the solo room this time, right?"

"Yupp!" went the seven other members. Taeyeon went to Hyoyeon room and knocked on the door. "Hyoyeon, breakfast is ready!" she shouted, waiting for a reply.

Nothing.

That's strange. Usually she will reply, even if it's just a grunt. Taeyeon tried to open the door.

It wasn't locked.

"Hyoyeon?" she called, opening the door wider. Inside was a nicely made-up room.

Too nicely made-up.

Taeyeon's heart skipped a beat.

"Guys!" she shouted, her face turning pale.

This can't be happening...

"Hyoyeon isn't here!"

 

================================

Wow. This took a while. Thank you guys for subscribing to this story. I wasn't really expecting for a good response. I am glad that you guys would like to see how this story develops. I hope that you will enjoy this chapter. Thanks again and love ya guys! <3